New halo: Reach live action trailer- deliver hope

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was amazing! Im super pumped for reach now. After seeing how badas noble six was with the mark 5 b helmet I abandoned the prodject of the reach odst spartan:p Expect a new pepakura verson of the mark 5 b helmet soon;)

And fr Kat........ Who knows what happens to ker. I found the HUD interesting, Since she was carrying MFDD she had no weapons display (even though she had a magnum) Also note that her name is displayed in the upper left corner. Makes me wonder if this will tie in with the game, or if it wont (much like halo 3's believe ads, which dnt intertwine wth the game what so ever ) Even if it dosent, Its still EPIC!!!!!

There are to be many more leading up to launch. So far so badass, and a nice dark feel to the campaign.

If you look very close at 00:21 in the video On this you can actualy watch Carter Own an Elite in the Back ground, Lasts maybe one second but it still looks epic

Part of me thinks thats was epic. The other part thinks
buzz.jpg

that part was poorly done. It looked too comical, sprouting a jetpack and flying off...

I'm interested in whether this is supposed to be an in-game event, or if it takes place significantly before. Note Kat's lack of "robot arm". I can't imagine it would be a production oversight, considering how much money they've thrown at this trailer. (Also note that she takes the hit from that Banshee primarily on her right.) If it takes place before, that also means N6 isn't the one who plants the bomb, and that this doesn't even take place on Reach.

Or maybe it's just like the "Believe" campaign, in that it differs significantly from ingame events and is just there to be a flashy ad.

Did anyone else notice her arm. Its fine (and by fine I mean its not a prothstetic) Maybe this banshee is the reason she had to have her arm replaced. I read a comment somewhere that this may be Thom (the spartan that noble 6 replaces) As he dosent apear to make it off the ship. HOWEVER : This scene is taking place on reach , and the cove didnt invade until after noble 6 joined up . SO, even IF this WAS noble 6, Kats arm isnt a prothstetic .

I'm interested in whether this is supposed to be an in-game event, or if it takes place significantly before. Note Kat's lack of "robot arm". I can't imagine it would be a production oversight, considering how much money they've thrown at this trailer. (Also note that she takes the hit from that Banshee primarily on her right.) If it takes place before, that also means N6 isn't the one who plants the bomb, and that this doesn't even take place on Reach.

Or maybe it's just like the "Believe" campaign, in that it differs significantly from ingame events and is just there to be a flashy ad.

Sorry for double post. I didnt see your replay until after I posteed my comment. But I am also qurious if this is a in-game event or not.It may be Thom that takes the bomb , but at the end they zoom out and it shows reach. Again, You may be right. It might just be a flashy ad :)

While I have liked all the past live action shorts (save the mini one just before) this one seemed too comic to me. The other shorts, namely birth of a SPARTAN were more profound, and well composed. They were gritty, and real. This one to me was just a bunch of stunts thrown together relying on expensive special effects to make it worth watching. This could have been done far better.

Watching it the third time through, all I could think about was the multiplayer announcer going "Bomb dropped. Bomb taken. Bomb planted. Bomb detonated."

Sounds like great minds thinking alike, JBetts97. Also, consider that these promos have to be written, scripted, and filmed months and months before, and Bungie is very tight-lipped about their storylines (which is why the Believe ads were non-canon). The same thing may have happened here, so this is just "generic action sequence #42". Note that N6 (I'm just going to assume it's N6) is wearing the HUL upgrade, which was featured in the premiere trailer, and then downgraded to the base model for later trailers (to keep N6 looking the most generic). They might have made the prop so far in advance that they built the one with the helmet attachment from back then.

the ship blowing up was awesome just like how the S-IIs blew up the ship in the valley on reach

I'm actually wondering if this is pre-noble 6, since: 1. Kat still has her arm, and taking a point blank shot like that could have very well rendered her arm useless. 2. The Noble 6esque character could be the fallen member of noble team; this could be his final moments. Anyone else think this maybe true.

I'll agree that it most likely doesn't represent an in-game moment, even though it undoubtedly takes place during the fall of Reach. But the lack of a robot arm doesn't bother me. I'll take the promo for what it is: another awesome video to get us all jazzed up for Reach.

I can see why some might see it as slightly comical, just because of the jet-pack sequence. But seeing how it's an armor ability these days, I was sold on the shot. In my opinion I thought it was epic as hell.

ahh, spartans have come a long way since the days of Halo 1

Honestly, I hope we get to see more live action films. This one was slight to... well actiony for me. The ODST one was a slow build up of epic-ness. It slowly built up the action, making it more and more epic. (Just like Batman Begins. lol.)

If you look very close at 00:21 in the video On this you can actualy watch Carter Own an Elite in the Back ground, Lasts maybe one second but it still looks epic

im glad you guys caught and posted that. i saw the screenshot of that action happening, but then didnt see it actually happen in the trailer. jokes on me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back