New Member First Projects Update (3/23)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Privateer

I have been lurking here for a while, reading and learning all I can from everyone. Thanks to the Mods for opening the regestration for those of us who lurk to the point of stalking lol. I must say yall set a really high standard for detail and keeping to the true look of the equipment. That being said here is what Im working on so far, I have started is a low res set of which the helm is ready for detail and a visor, the boots are ready for bondo and paint and the rest of the set is ready for resin.

On to the pics!

The helm which is currently being evaluated on weather or not I should continue on it or set it aside and start a recon. I know its not spot on for detail but its the first pep based anything I've tried and at the time didnt have much in the way of phisical reference.

PC140311.jpg

PC140312.jpg

The boots which I,m excited to complete and see how they conform to my foot when moving over rough terrain or more importantly hard surfaces. Pep based around a swat style boot with 1/4" ridgid PVC sole and 1/4" industrial rubber treads I have also built in a 1" riser to get me in the 6'3" range. total cost so far $35 mind you I had a load of supplies on hand from other projects.

PC140307.jpg

PC140308.jpg

Reference pic from a mcfarlan 12" model.

PC140321.jpg

Random pep parts wating for resin.

PC140315.jpg

Cheers!

Well after checking more into the fit of my helm I decided it's just a tad small for my melon so I peped and resined a HD recon to see if I can get the size closer to what Im looking for. We all know what a peped and resined lid looks like so Ill spare yall the loadtime, as soon as the temp gets back above 50 or so Im going to trim it up and glass the inside then I'll post up some progress pics.

Man I sure am impressed with the huge influx of great new projects! This looks fantastic dude. That helmet weren't it so small would be better than many on the site as it is! I swear half of you new guys should be promoted right now. Keep up the good work man. ;)

Thanks for all the compliments guys and gals. I have decided to change direction with this project before I get to far along. The first helm as I said was a bit small for my melon so I started on this one now Im wating for the glass to cure fully before I start the filler.

PC240030.jpg

But while Im wating for the resin and glass on the helm I did a test for a realistic paint process that will give me that fresh from the field recon look tell me what yall think.

Boot toecap.

PC240036.jpg

PC240035.jpg

It's hard to see in the pics but the boot and the entire set will have a shadowed fern pattern on it with flat black over OD green.

Cheers!

It's all looking really good! These are the new members we all like to see. It's hard to see in the pics but I like the toe cap. Well done.

In between playin elf lastnight and this afternoon I have a little progress to post up.

Started blocking out the rear of the left boot.

PC250089.jpg

PC250088.jpg

PC250090.jpg

Also started experimenting with under armour materials, this is headliner material backed with cotton broadcloth and will serve as a base to add the soft armour plates.

PC250090-1.jpg

Hope yall had a safe christmas.

Cheers!

By the way I found a really cheap boot seal (between the toe cap and the back of the boot) $6 at home depot I suggest buying a new one and not using what ya have around the house Biohazard risk there! LOL

1fd5bb35-4823-455e-886e-1d16fc155bf.jpg

Man, your work is very nice. I love that foot seal, really adds to the look. You did a very nice job on the toe. That is one heck of a paint job.

Understand that these are not actual people that do this, but programs. Programs don't discriminate. That post and others that followed have been removed. End of discussion.

Concerning bots. Report and ignore. No need to post about what will soon be deleted.

Btw, nice work so far on you projects. Keep it up.

-Magnum

Very impressive, I like the way you find things to work. Keep it up, I'm sure I will have questions for you..lol

Again thanks for the compliments, little update I started slopping on the filler and getting the general shape started. This is where I had to leave off due to lack of light. Mind this is a spotter coat of primer and by no means is it close to finished still have a load of spot filler, shape sanding, and details to complete.

PC260091.jpg

PC260090.jpg

Cheers!

I finished the shaping this morning and sprayed the sealer and a coat of texture now I have to make the visor and face insert and shape my visor.

PC270090.jpg

PC270091.jpg

Cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back