New Member First Projects Update (3/23)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well the inner boot (the one my foot will be in lol) is attached to the soleplates of the boot covers only and the soleplate is rigid so I'm thinking it should be sturdy enuff. If it splits it will be at the seam of the soleplate and the cover so shouldnt be a issue as far as looks.

Keep up the great work. The beginnings of the Underarmor looks very promising. Was wondering if your going to share more details with us on its construction.

Well the under armour is pretty simple I went to JoAnns fabric store and found a couple of yards of black headliner material its kinda like fleece but it has a foam backing, and some cotton broadcloth wich is a thin cotton material. Then I laid out the lines or sections I wanted the undersuit to follow I use a chalk pencil for so I can see the lines. I then pinned the cotton material to the backside to cover the foam and started sewing along the lines to give the apperance of seams or sections. After you get a section finished in this case the abdomen you can tailor it to your body and add a zipper this is just a test section so it is only from the chest down to the waist but I will be adding arms and half legs to it in the future.

I think I will try and Vid a tutorial today for this.

Cheers!

Nice work! One thing I must comment on though is that the visor area is looking Halo 2 ODST. Cause I think that Recons visor area is smaller. Well I could always be wrong :whistle: . Since I didn't check just off the top of my head..

Well I have never been one to follow direction lets just say this will be a recon variant LOL. This is what Im going for with a darker Oh crap didnt see you till I was dead look. :ninja:

04ReconChestShot.jpg

Privateer said:
Well the under armour is pretty simple I went to JoAnns fabric store and found a couple of yards of black headliner material its kinda like fleece but it has a foam backing, and some cotton broadcloth wich is a thin cotton material. Then I laid out the lines or sections I wanted the undersuit to follow I use a chalk pencil for so I can see the lines. I then pinned the cotton material to the backside to cover the foam and started sewing along the lines to give the apperance of seams or sections. After you get a section finished in this case the abdomen you can tailor it to your body and add a zipper this is just a test section so it is only from the chest down to the waist but I will be adding arms and half legs to it in the future.

I think I will try and Vid a tutorial today for this.

Cheers!
Nice Thanks for the info, but the only concern I would have for that kind of undersuit would be overheating in the summertime. Been trying to brainstorm a way of coming up for a way to keep the undersuit light and breathable but still have that space suit look. You have given me some food for thought privateer keep up the great work on your build.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well I finished the recon helm last night just have to find a permanent vizor for it now this one is just a tester.

PC290093.jpg

PC290095.jpg

PC290096.jpg

Inside I have a mic and external speakers with a amp (the orange golfballs will be painted lol they are my speaker enclosures). Along with the usual cooling fan I have a status light to let me know whats turned on and a mp3 jack on the lower edge of the helm for tunes or sound files through the external speakers.

PC290098.jpg

Cheers!

not bad , but belakor's was better in some areas ,but this one's better in others. you might take some pics of the side it's not looking just right.

awesome recon!

One thing that Id do is take the sticker or mask off the sticker on the cooling fan so its not visible through the mesh.

Skippster86 said:
awesome recon!

One thing that Id do is take the sticker or mask off the sticker on the cooling fan so its not visible through the mesh.

yeah I didn't think about it till I had it mounted Im just going to spray it with my airbrush through the mesh.

Im not going for a perfect with it this is only the second pep I have tried and losing some detail was a trade off for my lack of experience with this process.

Here is a side shot for yall I will be adding the visor frame with the permanent visor so it will tilt the top of the visor farther back when done.

PC290092.jpg

so many new people, so many amazing projects. You made this extremly fast, it is almost mind blowing i have been working on an ODST helm since september, and you just pulled a boot and two helms that are flawless outa no where. great work.

wow looks really good!
what did you use for the top vent part and side vents on the helmet?

This helm was completed from download to final wiring in about 12 hours spread over 1 week roughly. I can pretty much assure you I will slow down a little after the hollidays and when work picks back up.

Enrisan said:
wow looks really good!
what did you use for the top vent part and side vents on the helmet?

the cheapest and most easily attainable source for steel wire mesh $1 at dollar store LOL.

22321ROG.jpg

pooper said:
That's a kick @$$ recon helmet! Awesome job! Wish I could get my ODST helmet as smooth...

Lots of thin coats of filler and spot putty like hours of it.

rvb18 said:
is it me or on the side theres supposed to be a tube like thing around the neck

I noticed that on belacors after i got the shape blocked in but I havent even seen another recon from the back to compare it to so I decided to stick to the "Variant theme" lol. I can say its a prototype version that was released to a select few sqads.

And thanks to all yall for the compliments and for running a damn fine Armoury here the craftmanship we have in this place is top rate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back