New Member First Projects Update (3/23)

Status
Not open for further replies.
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(just me(no one else) @ Jan 5 2009, 11:55 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>What did you drive over that helmet with??(looks like a motorcycle track to me...)
Good lookin' helm and those boots rock.

JustMe</div>

Thanks!! I used a fern frond as a light mask on the helm to get a semi camo look. LOL had to laugh as I look at the pics it does kinda look like a tire track.

Well I finally managed to get a set of my handplates finished and painted. They are painted the same color and pattern as my other pieces and match perfectly, but the flash from the camera washed one out and made on really dark lol. Let me know what ya think.

P1100149.jpg

You said that you used a coat of texture on the recon helmet. It looks like you also textured the boot toe and handplate. It looks good. What do you use for the texture?

dantastic said:
You said that you used a coat of texture on the recon helmet. It looks like you also textured the boot toe and handplate. It looks good. What do you use for the texture?

I use Rustoleum textured spray paint in black it sticks like nothing else and eliminated the need to prime the resin and bondo parts.

Last edited by a moderator:
good job so far, i've just checked your video on the working turret, it seems very fast and too fast to work proberly, it would be much better if it was much slower like the one in the game. apart from that everything is turning out ghreat, its the first working turret i have seen so far.

Shadows0fIntent said:
good job so far, i've just checked your video on the working turret, it seems very fast and too fast to work proberly, it would be much better if it was much slower like the one in the game. apart from that everything is turning out ghreat, its the first working turret i have seen so far.

Yeah I have to install a potentiomiter in the trigger to slow it down to match the ingame, right now it runs more like a minigun lol. In the book series they say it has a 500 rounds per min ROF. Im working on a sync system for barrel LEDs and a sound card I just have to work out the bugs for the wiper contacts and find a good sound for it.

Bump for update!
I have the entire weekend to tinker around with my gear so to start off I resined my shins for the second coat and started working on getting the boots finished. Even though you cant see it in the pics I borrowed a idea from the book series they describe the armour as having a very slight irridecent (sp) green sheen to it so I sprayed a very light mist of creatix pearlized lime over the entire piece just enuff so in the right light you see a hint of irredecent green.

Left boot is complete

P1170157.jpg

P1170160.jpg

Now Im working on finishing the right one so I can feel like Im getting somewhere with this build.

Cheers!

Enrisan said:
nice boot! Does your boot have an underside? You might slip on those if you do.

The sole of the boots are similar to the 12" McFarlane figure and they are made from 3/8" industrial rubber, no slipping here.

my boot

PC140308.jpg

reference

PC140321.jpg

Cheers!

Privateer said:
The sole of the boots are similar to the 12" McFarlane figure and they are made from 3/8" industrial rubber, no slipping here.

Cheers!
ah okay! Very nice!

Privateer said:

Well, if you stepped on a wet floor you'd still bite it, but You're probably fine everywhere else.

Privateer, I have to ask how you got the recessed areas on the recon helmet so smooth?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back