New Member First Projects Update (3/23)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Small update I was finally rewarded for my patience by finding a pair of gloves on the cheap at Wally World clearance isle.

Leather and neoprene motocross gloves regulary priced stupidly expensive and on sale for $9.99.

Before dye

P1230157.jpg

After dye and with a handplate sittin on em I still need to paint the rubber parts to match my armour, for some reason the dye didnt take well on the white areas.

P1230160.jpg

Cheers!

this is amazing, a few more pieces made and this will be elite worty (it already is imo) how did you wire up the helmet, i have the intention of doing something similar for mine once i size it right :p

Update time!! I have had the shins glassed for a couple of weeks so with a little nudge from a small friend I decided to add a little humor to this build and get it goin.

After I realized my hoof is to big to fit through the shin without major hacking I decided to make a hinged 2 piece setup. I started this by marking a viable split line on either side of the shin then finding a pivot area that would give me the largest opening without comprimising (sp) the look of the piece. With a cut off wheel in my dremel I cut a slot to accept the hinge barrel so it would sit flush, I then mounted a small section of stainless piano hinge and bolted it to the shin on either side of the cut. After I got it all tight and a couple of deep breaths I started cutting along the lines I had marked. After checking to make shure everything cleared and didnt bind I did a test fit to make shure it cleared my knee and rode well on the boot top. Then using large popsicle sticks as a frame I glassed in some latch surfaces to help keep the halves lined up when closed. heres how it looked at that point.

P2060162.jpg

P2060164.jpg

P2060163.jpg

This morning while I was trying to wake up, drink yesterdays leftover coffee, and light a smoke without burning my beard off I heard muffled grunting and cussing coming from my workbench which is unusual even from the deep piles of junk I have collected over the years. "Good lord Private do you ever police this crap into some simblance of order, it looks like a damm cargo vessel ditched in here!!" Now in my early morning stupor I replied without thinking "you try to R&D equipment, build armour, keep the wife a 4 kids out of here and keep it clean, even a spartan would be overwhelmed!!." "well son lets finish this and go frag some covies" then out of the pile of half finished pep work and helmet wiring parts a blue spartan climed up and gave me a crisp salute. "Snap to boy this aint a damm officers lounge lets get these shins started first thing this morning"

(You have to be the most unorganized person I know Private)

P2060166.jpg

(tape up those seams so we dont have to cut em again to wear this thing)

P2060165.jpg

(Your weapon Sir)

P2060167.jpg

(No comments soldier)

P2060168.jpg

(This is more fun than C-7)

P2060169.jpg

(Geit it nice and smooth or we will be sanding for days)

P2060170.jpg

P2060171.jpg

(Poor excuse for a combat knife boy, trim the excess before it sets completly)

P2060172.jpg

(Lets sand those edges clean and retape em before we put filler on the other half)

P2060173.jpg

TO BE CONTINUED............. :lol: :D

Wow, Amazing work bro! I hope my armor comes out half as good.

I love the MC pics hah

Just wondering, your work seems so good, but your handplate's look a little small to me? And the gloves aren't really matched with how good everything else looks, don't mean any offense.

But again nothing short of amazing, keep it up!

Yeah they are a tad small on me but I made them for myself and to share with others and few people have the freakishly large hands like I do lol. Also I was thinking a smaller profile plate would be a bit better for wearability ie. not catching hitting everything you put your hands near lol. The gloves are a size XL and are tight but the plates are close to the same scale as the figure Im using for reference. Thanks for the CC.

Spartan size hands lol.

P2070178.jpg

The perspective is off in the original pic of the glove/plate combo here is a new one.

P2070175.jpg

HOW DARE YOU! Spartans are soilders, not slaves! lol loved the pics and you armor looks great. keep up the good work

I figured I would save this post # 117 for a special occasion but this is as good a reason as any. I finished one shin this morning and almost finished the bondo on the second one. Now I need to decide what files Im going to use to re make my thighs.

A teaser pic more to come

Cheers!

P2080183.jpg

sweet!! that look super accurate to in game ! dude if you don't mold this ill kill you. lol

rvb18 said:
sweet!! that look super accurate to in game ! dude if you don't mold this ill kill you. lol

Im going to concentrate on getting the suit finished before I try and mould it lol, plus I dont have the capitol for a moulding investment at the moment.

I did start the next phase of the project this afternoon thanks to a really understanding wife for spending 30 min sticking tape to me lol.

4 layers of tape over a old shirt filled with great stuff foam.

P2080184.jpg

Cheers!

Last edited by a moderator:
Privateer said:
Im going to concentrate on getting the suit finished before I try and mould it lol, plus I dont have the capitol for a moulding investment at the moment.

I did start the next phase of the project this afternoon thanks to a really understanding wife for spending 30 min sticking tape to me lol.

4 layers of tape over a old shirt filled with great stuff foam.

Cheers!

HAHA! i'm doing this in the very near future. but i'm going to attempt a full bodied mannequin :3

i trust it was fairly painless?

forgive my niavity, bt why did you need that done? is it for your undersuit, or some kinf of perversion?

SpartanG said:
forgive my niavity, bt why did you need that done? is it for your undersuit, or some kinf of perversion?

ROFL No I used to build leather and steel ah lets say "gear" ;) for that kind of crowd but no not my scene! Its for my torso parts what better way to scale and fit armor than to have a lifecast of the person thats going to be wearing it to build on.

When you do this have a person you trust help lol my wife threatened to leave me taped up if I complained (I did a lifecast of her belly for each of our 4 boys while she was very pregnant lol) other than some cramping from holding the same position for a long time it was painless I wore a old turtle neck shirt to keep the tape off me sensitives lol.

aaaah! that makes sense now! sorry for the poor typing last time, i was on a mates macbook, and the keys are uncomfortably spaced!

so this i'm betting could be done with other body parts? its an ingenious idea, nonetheless!

wow thats amazing all the detail that you put in for a low def pep file, and you cant really even see the hinge on the leg... you've done a superb (that word doesnt get used enough) job on this suit so far.....cant wait to see it done

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back