New Spartan Helmet Sculpt =)

Status
Not open for further replies.

dallis

Hey everybody, Some of you might (probably not though) remember my horrid attempt at a Mk 6 sculpt a long time ago, since then i had gotten bored of looking at it all day so i ripped it apart and started again from scratch.

With the help of LastSpartan we managed to pull together a slightly better looking helmet sculpt and now we decided it is a good time to get more input from the community.

Anybody who notices anything that needs changing please feel free to give us your input, it will be greatly helpful and you can help us make a better helmet in the process :)

Thanks!

Ps, I realize the helmet is not symetrical, i have only been working on one side at a time, and after i cleaned up the right side of the helmet (from front view) LastSpartan decided we should start posting them :) Give us as much input as possible to improve it please. Thanks again!

helm1.jpg

helm2u.jpg

helm3.jpg

helm4.jpg

helm5.jpg

helm6.jpg

helm7p.jpg

helm8.jpg

Looks good, Main focus would be keeping it symmetrical,
But as you said you have a reason for that, I'd say the line details and keeping it smooth.

The Stig said:
Looks good, Main focus would be keeping it symmetrical,
But as you said you have a reason for that, I'd say the line details and keeping it smooth.
Thank you for the input! :) and yea LS i can put that up right now, just gimme a few seconds.

EDIT== Here is the older comparison between the sculpt and the Legendary Armor lines to find out what needed the most changing. But the helmet has been well changed lately.
new comparison up in 20 minutes or less maybe
helmetcompare2.jpg

Here's the new one

helm7copy.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Zonbi said:
Looks amazing! I love all the little details.
Thanks Zonbi :)

Working on it in front of the computer right now finally! xD

Will be much easier with an arsenal (sp?) of pictures to work with :)

I think the visor area is too open from top to bottom. Needs to be squished down a little.

Enrisan said:
I think the visor area is too open from top to bottom. Needs to be squished down a little.
i agree, im working on the piece as we speak

More pics :) only one side has been worked, To show the difference in how much i lowered the top piece.

And i apologize for the rubbish flash on my camera.

any input is welcome :)

sideflash.jpg

frontflashj.jpg

sidenoflash.jpg

i love how much evolution you can see from the first pictures to your latest! keep up on it, try and line up the front visor a little more, but it is looking great. is this your first sculpt? ive stuck with pep so far, im a bit intimidated by clay. still. your doing a really good job. and like the tutorials say, keep on it until youre happy with the way it looks.

dmage dame said:
i love how much evolution you can see from the first pictures to your latest! keep up on it, try and line up the front visor a little more, but it is looking great. is this your first sculpt? ive stuck with pep so far, im a bit intimidated by clay. still. your doing a really good job. and like the tutorials say, keep on it until youre happy with the way it looks.

Thank you very much, Yea you can kind of consider this as my first sculpt, i had one before this.
its way back in the threads though because i made it last year, it looked horrible so i scrapped it and made a new one, And yes i agree, Clay gets pretty scary for the first few days/weeks/months Depending on what kind of art your used to, Prior to Recieving this clay, i had never worked with it in my life.

dallis said:
Thank you very much, Yea you can kind of consider this as my first sculpt, i had one before this.
its way back in the threads though because i made it last year, it looked horrible so i scrapped it and made a new one, And yes i agree, Clay gets pretty scary for the first few days/weeks/months Depending on what kind of art your used to, Prior to Recieving this clay, i had never worked with it in my life.
ive never worked with clay. im a welder, so i have plenty of metal experiance, but as far as using clay, i know as much as i do about rocket science. so you can imajine how impressed i am when i see clay builds. but your build is turning out great. are you going to sculpt the rest of your armor?

dmage dame said:
ive never worked with clay. im a welder, so i have plenty of metal experiance, but as far as using clay, i know as much as i do about rocket science. so you can imajine how impressed i am when i see clay builds. but your build is turning out great. are you going to sculpt the rest of your armor?

I am not certain but we may pep certain parts, i would love to try the biceps/forearms/thighs and cod pieces, because at the moment i only have 25 pounds of clay and the chest piece is a little bigger than that:p i would have to chat with LastSpartan about what we would be pepping and Sculpting :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back