New to Armor Building

Status
Not open for further replies.

neo

Hello everyone

I wanted to get started and was wondering a few things.

How many with full suits mixed and matched different pieces from different armors like for example:

Hiyabusa chest with a scout helmet and CQB arms or any other combination. Online I play with all mixed up armor.

Also Why doesnt anyone put the battle damage LEDs on the arms and legs? Has this been done?

I guess these are things I will consider when I build my suit. Thanks for listening any info would be appreciated.

Thanks

neo said:
Hello everyone

How many with full suits mixed and matched different pieces from different armors like for example:

Hiyabusa chest with a scout helmet and CQB arms or any other combination. Online I play with all mixed up armor.

Also Why doesnt anyone put the battle damage LEDs on the arms and legs? Has this been done?

I guess these are things I will consider when I build my suit. Thanks for listening any info would be appreciated.

Thanks
good luck

Last edited by a moderator:
spartan 26 said:
good luck
Oh, that's a helpful reply. :cautious:

neo said:

Those armor permutations have only been around a few months so people around here haven't had a chance to play with different combinations. Belakor has been active with the recon perm (plus a few chest perms), NZ-TK is working on the EVA perm (also did the scout, ODST and rogue) and Nugget recently released his security helmet. All of these released after January, IIRC.

BTW, I'm not aware of anyone working on the Hayabusa chest perm.

neo said:
Maybe because it's not practical? Obviously it can be done but ...

I was planning on doing this and hooking all the electronics to one power source like a 12 volt battery in the belt pack. And have all the wires run through the undersuit and hook th wires together in sections so they could easilybe disconnected when I take my suit off. I'm getting excited just thinking about it :D

IF you want to disconnect easy, do a coaxial hook up to the wires, and you should use a higher gauge wire for it too. A 12 volt wont power it so try doing 6 D-Cells or something bigger. I'm doing something similar but adding in a cooling and heating system. Fans, coolent, copper heating filaments, the whole works.

Hello there! Im also new to armor building have a questions for making my 1st helmet along with suit.

1. How do I size it to fit my head, have a big head and cant get it through the helm(MkV), once in (after ripping a considerable amount) its nice an comfy with space

Made my 3rd helm, pepped, but it still wont fit, which is larger(by a bit) and once inside too much space looks awkwardly large.

2. When i print my helm (also applies for everything else) do i print everything, seen some pics that have the visor pepped onto the helm, should i also do this, then cut out once resined/bondo.

3. Where do I get the visors?

4. How do I apply it? Itching to make ODST but the helm's visor looks tricky to assemble.

Thanks for your time!

Oh and i almost forgot anyone know where to get Lancer pepakura file and a tut for making pep weapons from paintball guns

Hey, Spartan 518, first of all, before asking a question, I really suggest you go into the tutorials before asking, they are all stickied, right under your nose. I guess ill answer what I can for you anyway.

1. The scaling methods in the tutorials are generally proportional to your body, if you have a big head, try adding a couple cm to your overall scale of height when you scale the helmet, this will add width too. Also, when its finished you can have more or less padding in it.

2. When you resin your helm, I'd say keep the visor in. It will act as a support, but don't resin the visor itself, because its a waste of time, resin, and more time when you have to hack it out. :p

3. Most people get motorcycle visors for the eyes.

4. yet again, check tutorials, should be there

5. Lancer? come on, did you even try using the search? oh well, but don't bother with that till way later, its one of the hardest things you could try, and paintball pep weapons would be wasteful, it'll probably break.

Peace and goodluck

-KFO

Thanks for the help,KUNG FOO OYSTER, could i still add the visor after im done with resin/bondo, and sorry i cant seem to find the lancer file, or visor installation, did find this other one for dual visors

You mean these LEDs?

IMG_1093.jpg

IMG_1102.jpg

IMG_1064.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back