News from Sid Gerrand

Status
Not open for further replies.

Redsleighdown

Hey guys, for those of you who saw this topic and thought "Who?"...this is Sid.

Moving on. I was talkin to Sid last night and he has given me permission to tell you all that he is almost done with his newest project, Gears of War armor. I can't wait to see pics.

-Red :twisted:

Nightmare of WARs

from Sid at Nightmare Armor Studios----Just stopped by to say good job with this site, I think its a very good place for fans and fellow gamers, yes we are near done with nightmares gear suit. trust me its going to rock. keep up all the good work to all prop makers out there and don't try to put down other armor makers its very amateur and unprofessional
especially if your not even in the same league.

Re: Nightmare of WARs

Nightmare Armor Studios said:
keep up all the good work to all prop makers out there and don't try to put down other armor makers its very amateur and unprofessional
especially if your not even in the same league.

Which is why I don't put down others work.

Nightmares armor is very good production quality. I love it, and looks good.

The lower calves tend to look small compared to the rest of the suit, but I'm not complaining. You guys know your own suits.

I can't wait to see GoW stuff. You guys know very well, that nightmare armors work is the benchmark to which all other armor is measured in the fan community.

Last edited by a moderator:
Adam good job with putting this website together, its nice to see gamers and prop makers together in one place. Yes there are some new sculpts that just have been done to get the MC armor more accurate from the past, remember I sculpted the entire suit in 3 months and took 1 month for molding and manufactured over 100 full armored suits in 3 months. It was alot of work so i do understand that some parts of the suit needed some resculpting, but hey no one can say that they have made over 100 suits in 6 months of work. (that's what a real studio produces) so its easy for some people to take years of studying my work to make one suit for themselves and then sell a half dozen or so to friends, trust me , I have so much work that we here at NAS are working on. We have other suits that are being made for movies and shows,therefore its pointless to compare garage artists and studios in the same place. maybe make a pro section on your site for studios that mass produce suits and have a variety of suits under their portfolio. and link4044 I'm glad that you know my work. I am sorry that I am not familiar with any of your flawless works of art.. that alone must really show what the real worlds opinion is on what people really care for. no hard feelings though.

Adam said:
Nightmares armor is very good production quality. I love it, and looks good.

The lower calves tend to look small compared to the rest of the suit, but I'm not complaining. You guys know your own suits.

I can't wait to see GoW stuff. You guys know very well, that nightmare armors work is the benchmark to which all other armor is measured in the fan community.

Thanks! Just so you know I sculpted a new redesigned larger shin. Originally we had a wide height gap to deal with. Also we made the original before they had even finalized the Halo 2 designs, we didn't have the luck of having the game in front of us :(

edit:
Oh yes if you look around for pics of us from Dragon*con Atlanta this year you may see the GoW Snub Pistol I sculpted already, as well as an in-progress Hammerburst rifle. I can't wait to wear this suit it will be awesome!

Last edited by a moderator:
right anyway,

Fellow people take a look at the new up coming issues of the Official XBOX Magazine first quarter 2007, we will have a full feature inside about Nightmare Armor Studios, and not to mention I will be on the full cover shot. We are very excited about the new armor suits that will be shown in the special edition feature and about NAS. its all for the fans.

What sparked them to do a feature on you guys so far after you debuted your work to the public?

Sid, what do you mean by people working out of their garages? Everyone in this "business" started that way, if I'm not mistaken so did you?

As well, it is much easier to reproduce suits when you have upwards of 15 people working on a single project...I believe you were refering to me in some of your replies but when we only have myself, 16 years old, and my father, who works 60 hours a week in an actual job, it is a little more challenging to reproduce suits even though we have made upwards of 40 suits.

Same league? Im not trying to cause a stir but I believe that my armor as well as other peoples have much more detail and much more effort being put into them....?

Briar

Adam

Its funny but we get contacted by a good number of Media every week and we have to divide studio time with press time so we like to make sure that we do some interviews ether on G4 or Tech TV, sometimes we do exclusive things for MTV and so-on. so this is just another new armor suit from yet another new game that we hear at the studio love and its GEARS of WAR. so after all we are big fans of the new game. its funny but in Japan we are well know for the movie side of things that NAS has made and hear in the US its the gaming world. but it should cover all walks of life with NAS from armor suits from movies,comics,games,and custom suits as well as some of the fully working vehicles that we have made like the 190mph Raptor cycle and the SKY suit.

Briar - Your work is great! Different technique. One is vac formed, one is slosh, both good...

Lets just put the criticisms aside, from all parties, and move on.

First off briar, it relay shows what you don't know, but to clear it up I sculpted my suit my self no help from 15 people or my dad. 2ND you are the one that goes around talking about your suit is better then mine, that's fine not really my opinion about spray painted pieces of flimsy vacumform, but I am not hear to get in to a debate with you its not very manly to talk about people on web sites, if you have something to say to me be a man and say it to my face at Dragon Con.(you can bring your dady). the funny thing is that I refer people to you. I will not reply to any of you remarks after this.I don't talk about you or bring you up on any web boards so lets just call it and bury the hatchet. I am very glad that you make what you make with your dad, have fun with it.

hmm... looks like NAS took a lot of inspiration from this? Where is this little statue guy from anyways?

21_1_b.jpg

This looks familiar because the longer shaped stomach piece, the more exaggerated thigh vents.

Im not bad mouthing you....I only said that I was not the biggest fan of your work...Im sure you probably dont care for our stuff either....I was saying that you have a group of guys that are skilled enough and are able to help you reproduce armor. It is much easier to knock suits out with help. I appreciate the referrals, I dont mean anything personal by what I had said.

The statue is very cool...I would like to have one for myself. Good work.

Briar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back