Nightshade's Mark VI ODST Permutation Spartan Suit WIP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yea. DAMN GOOD! Realy helps to keep me motivated with my build. AWESOME WORK!
Post more of your progress.
I'm a few stages behind ya. Your pics help with what I'll be going thru.

KUDOS!

haha! i found your thread you mentioned! This is looking phenomenal so far man, keep up the great work! Was it you that told me about the HD ODST helmet? i like all of the detail for it, but as a personal preference to the visor, i like the in-game one much more than the WETA one, the weta one seems to remind me of a duck for some reason :p
Keep up the great work!

Nightshade this looks awesome, really good job on everything, it all fits so nicely. Its about time someone did this combination, I think its awesome

Hmm, haven't been on the forums in a while. Better see what's up. Hey! Nightshade doing a build, better have a look... OH GOD! MY EYES! THEY CAN'T HANDLE THE AWESOMENESS!

awesome nightshade!
this is looking amazing, i love the details you've done onto the chest :D
cant wait to see it finished

nat

Whatsup 405th members!

Sorry for starting my progress thread only to sorta stop my progress (kinda ironic). It's just that my pre-first-year-of-college-summer has been quite busy. However, since my school starts late (in a month) and I've exhausted any possible excuses for not continuing with my build, I thought I'd dedicate this next month to doing just that: making some more armor. Perhaps by tomorrow I'll have pictures of the two MKVI shoulders which I need to finish. Then glass them. Then buy more Bondo to rondo the shoulders and back-half of the torso. When these kinds of projects start to stagnate, the only solution is to get off your butt and do more work.

I'll admit this is also sort of a bump. I'd appreciate some more feedback concerning what I've already done and some smoothing strategies for the back (which has some hard-to-reach sanding angles). That'll help me get moving again. I'm a little surprised that the 1400 views has only left me with thirty-some replies, but thanks to those who shared their thoughts!

Nightshade

EDIT: Also, did Adam even work out the whole ranking system? Is there a list of the different ranks on the 405th somewhere? Just out of curiosity ...

Hey Nightshade! Nice work so far. Have you got the visor installed yet? Are you doing a dual angled visor like in the games? Or just a single flat faced one?

Well the first visor (mirror gold) I ordered from Ebay turned out to be some sorta scam cause I never received it in the mail (this has been reported to Ebay). I think I'm going to order THIS (*clicky*) visor today or tomorrow and hopefully get it installed ASAP. It's not gold, but it's ten dollars less. A good shiny visor should be sufficient motivation to get more done.

I think Timecon (could be wrong) did a YouTube tutorial about dividing one visor into two pieces and installing them like a dual-angled ODST visor. I'll try his method and hopefully not destroy my visor in the process.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back