Noble 6 Custom DONE! PICS PAGE 34

Status
Not open for further replies.
UPDATE, the other half has returned from turkey and so I got her on photo taking duty!
Currently starting out on the boots so will from there start painting and lighting while I sort out the gloves and rebuild my helmet.
So here we go, enjoy!

d855063a.jpg

f8fa611f.jpg

7e7374bf.jpg

1429fe99.jpg

3e950718.jpg

There's a few bits tht still need doing on the torso plus mods I'm going to add before taking it to paint plus I'm getting things like corrugated pipe to add details here and there, plus addition of vents etc!

Stay tuned!

Cool! It's great to see everything all together!

Well once this parts done I'm going to be building an undersuit onto a summer wetsuit so technically I guess I'm
Nearly only half way there lol
^
^
I'd be careful that it doesn't wind up being too hot (even if it is a summer suit). If it's made out of Neoprene, it won't be very breathable...which could get veeeery toasty...

I'd be careful that it doesn't wind up being too hot (even if it is a summer suit). If it's made out of Neoprene, it won't be very breathable...which could get veeeery toasty...

Thanks, LilTyrant!
I had the same thought tbh, it is going to get hot. Problem is I can't think of another skin tight material to give off the effect of the in game undersuit once all the under armour is built on top of it, taking into account textures, flexibility etc.
Do you have any suggestions on a better substitute?

Thanks, LilTyrant!
I had the same thought tbh, it is going to get hot. Problem is I can't think of another skin tight material to give off the effect of the in game undersuit once all the under armour is built on top of it, taking into account textures, flexibility etc.

th_112.jpg
Sorry, DBMike. . . .I just had to put that here after I read that. I'm not making fun of you though. I really did start laughing when I thought about this. . . "LilTyrant is the Goddess of the Undersuit". :p You bet your booty she's got suggestions. . . . . LOL. Her undersuit is amazing. Granted. . . she has skills with the sewing machine, but she would definitely be the one to point you in the right direction. I'd definitely stay away from the wet suit though. You'd be too prone to heat exhaustion if you wore that around for any length of time out of the water. Have you thought about getting some Under Armor Heat Gear and just adding the detail in where it needs to be with vinyl, pleather, foam or the mesh fabric like LilTyrant used on her suit? It would definitely help your body regulate heat with the Under Armor. They DO like their prices on that stuff though.

th_112.jpg
Sorry, DBMike. . . .I just had to put that here after I read that. I'm not making fun of you though. I really did start laughing when I thought about this. . . "LilTyrant is the Goddess of the Undersuit". :p You bet your booty she's got suggestions. . . . . LOL.

No worries mate, I did laugh myself when you pointed this out to me. I do stupid stuff like this on a regular basis, its what makes life more fun :p lmao.

and thanks for your suggestions, are one of those materials what your son is wearing underneath his armour? btw the foam work looks really good!
Did you ever get my reply to your pm? not sure if it ever sent, somethings gone a bit wrong and I can't find the message or the boot link file :S
Probs me just being stupid but ya never know it could be a technical blunder out of my control :p

No worries mate, I did laugh myself when you pointed this out to me. I do stupid stuff like this on a regular basis, its what makes life more fun :p lmao.

and thanks for your suggestions, are one of those materials what your son is wearing underneath his armour? btw the foam work looks really good!
Did you ever get my reply to your pm? not sure if it ever sent, somethings gone a bit wrong and I can't find the message or the boot link file :S
Probs me just being stupid but ya never know it could be a technical blunder out of my control :p

LOL. . . You're not the only one that does things like that. I have more than my fair share of those moments. It does make life more fun. Like you say . . . No Worries. Here's the Boot Filehttp://www.4shared.com/file/V-LnqxFB/ReachBoot.html?http://www.4shared.com/file/V-LnqxFB/ReachBoot.html? again. I never got anything from you about you not getting it. The last thing I got from you was that it looked good to you. I originally put it in a thread entry here on page 12. If for some reason it doesn't work this time, let me know and I'll email it to you. LOL.

My son's undersuit at the moment is made up of a black long sleeve Nike Sports Shirt like a baseball player would wear and a black pair of baseball pants. . . . LOL. Both are very breathable though. I'm looking into what I can do to spiff it up so-to-speak. I'll be limited on what I can add in some places, because I don't want to disassemble the shirt or pants to add anything. My sewing machine's too wide and doesn't have a long enough sleeve on it to do a lot of things in tight places. I'll put something up if I figure something out though. :p

And thanks for the compliment about the foam. It's appreciated.

Just stopping in to check on the latest work, And I have to say it's looking great so far. As to the above statement yes watch the heat level. I used the ab belt and that was about as far as I could go with out sewing. The gluing foam on cloth concept dose work, but it was way too hot for me. Well till you're next update.:cool

I do! This stuff is designed to be used for sports, so it is probably made from some breathing fabric. I plan to check out a local store this week that has some of it.

http://www.mcdavid.eu/

It isn't cheap though, but some of the stuff is even quite futuristic looking and can spare you sewing - elbow and knee protectors in particular.

There are even some hexa padded pieces for Halo4 armors :)

@Spartan_127 - thanks for that buddy, will transfer it from my mac to pc for safe keeping as soon as i can. I think your idea of the baseball gear is good and from vargatom's link theres some nice rugby gear there that might suffice for the job :)
thanks again and hope you like the future updates!

@thorn696 - Hey buddy, been a while! glad your impressed so far, still got a load of stuff to do on it. Stay tuned :)

@Vargatom - thaks for the link, theres some good stuff there, might head down to the local sports shop and see if I can maybe find the same type of stuff cheaper, i think the rugby gear is gone be the best bet so thanks again :D

Maybe you should also do a google search, that's how I found this extreme sports shop here that has the mcdavid stuff. I'll try to check them out this week too :)

BOOT! Just been working on this after work. It's my first boot built around a cut off Wellington boot.
Didn't use pep in the end, I found a nice reference picture and started building.
Need to do some dremel detail in top of the boot and on the guards, so little detailing an addition of some flexi corrugated rubber to add flexibility between toe and heel and that's about all!

Here it is:

30BF3EA9-BB10-4196-858A-D3533CF2CFBB-13491-00000DB1B9FE80B1.jpg

2133462C-3AB7-437E-B2E3-D6378F69FBE5-13491-00000DB1C0D920C8.jpg

Will add more on the bottom too to add height.

That's some inventive use of galoshes :)

As for your undersuit, like Spartan_127 and vargatom said, I think some sort of sports wear will be your best bet (especially for comfort). Hyokenseisou did a pretty neat undersuit using under armor and layers of sewn on detail. You should check it out if you haven't seen it already: here

Hope to see more soon!

This looks really nice :D I'm gonna try making a Carter build soon out of pepakura and I think I'm gonna steal the iPhone in the forearm idea :p

That's some inventive use of galoshes :)

As for your undersuit, like Spartan_127 and vargatom said, I think some sort of sports wear will be your best bet (especially for comfort). Hyokenseisou did a pretty neat undersuit using under armor and layers of sewn on detail. You should check it out if you haven't seen it already: here

Hope to see more soon!

Thanks LilTyrant, never heard of wellys as galoshes before :p
and thanks for the link that suit looks killer, but i'd say yours is probably a fair bit better. Still need to get to the sports shop but i'm thinking about going with a rugby breathable suit for the base of my under suit now.

This looks really nice I'm gonna try making a Carter build soon out of pepakura and I think I'm gonna steal the iPhone in the forearm idea :p

Thanks buddy and good luck with your build! feel free to use the design but be sure to keep an eye on the build because its going to receive some changes before the end :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back