Noble 6 Custom DONE! PICS PAGE 34

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I put the bottoms in one of the boots and built the other, also decided to model it ;)

E59BE8AB-C37E-4E18-A280-F058911970A9-14479-00000EADA1DD1B53.jpg

259C9C0E-6B33-4819-BFD9-09E2AECBD8E6-14479-00000EAD9B70533C.jpg

09B1F179-5BBD-4375-9969-9CB5147440CC-14479-00000EADAA5EC7C1.jpg

35DDE982-CD8D-497C-B7E2-546E6D1D1DE1-14479-00000EADB1352E4E.jpg

Getting there now!

Looking good. Watch out for heat with those boots tho might want to vent them on the sides some were.

Looking good. Watch out for heat with those boots tho might want to vent them on the sides some were.

Good idea thanks buddy, I hadn't actually thought of that at all haha. I'll stick some vents in the boot under the toe section and then when I put the rubber join between the heel and toe I'll add some gill like vents in the corregations.
That should work!

Now for some further updates, I attacked my boots with the dremel just to add a bit more to them so they weren't so plain and also added in a torch to the chest. Now I know the Spartans don't have that attachment but I can't afford to put night vision into my helmet either so torch it is!

280E9916-BD3F-4BD9-816F-51118B7D96C9-15681-00000FFD14DEA869.jpg

3FADA492-2A60-41E6-862F-CAE2F9CD10F6-15681-00000FFD282D4C1E.jpg

A27C9CB1-48B9-4FA7-BBDF-B87CBF18508D-15681-00000FFD2E6FDE3F.jpg

A8FD4DC0-C597-4E9C-A924-BBE7A1490776-15681-00000FFD348CA3B0.jpg

More soon :)

Not really an update but I wanted to get a 360 view of the suit so I can see where to go.
I'm not going to rebuild the n6 helmet but instead Jun's, I just prefer it :) Plus I have no idea what helmet I used in game for multiplayer lol

Paint job has been decided upon. As I'm pretty handy with a sniper rifle I'm going to do a green (jungle) camo pattern and then decorate the suit in sniper type camo gear (netting etc)
Add some strap on bags etc

Still need to do some modification I the phone gauntlet and I may still just go with a conventional tac pad but the idea with mine was it would look different but offer full protection to my phone.

Not much left to do now before I can begin paint and electronics :)
Last thing is my gloves still need sorting but that's not the end of the world.

6ED2EA86-EC99-41E2-9ED6-BC36F3B6FBA9-16119-000010693D3B65B2.jpg

A0696BDC-3331-4544-9F77-43514FAF597A-16119-00001069470A849E.jpg

56F36673-D0EF-47FE-9170-FAE995DD290F-16119-000010694D03A184.jpg

862C84E2-E684-468B-9613-98DFDB648727-16119-0000106957A3FAB2.jpg

Probably wont update for a while now but feel free to comment and I'll reply as I can :)

Mike

Everything is looking good. Was gone to the coast again the last four days and come back to see all this. Great job.

Everything is looking good. Was gone to the coast again the last four days and come back to see all this. Great job.

Everything except the helmet (think i might need to get a balaclava to cover the barnet) :p thanks mate, bit jealous of you being at the coast! i'm with spitting distance of the beach and still haven't been lol

Great variant on the chest. Very cool!

Thanks Doc! lots more add ons to go yet so keep an eye out for the changes to come :)

Well. . . . . I'm jealous of you then, because I'm definitely not within spitting distance of the coast. More like a 4 1/2 hour drive and a spit. :p We wanted to do one more thing with the kiddo before he had to go back to school from summer vacation this Monday.

Anyway. . . . I'd suggest an under armor heat gear hood or a cheap Halloween ninja mask vs the balaclava. They get real hot and it's already going to be hot enough in there without it. :p Can't wait to see what you come up with either way. What colors are you going for? The steel and bluish looking colors from your first page, or something else? Keep up the good work though.

Well. . . . . I'm jealous of you then, because I'm definitely not within spitting distance of the coast. More like a 4 1/2 hour drive and a spit. :p We wanted to do one more thing with the kiddo before he had to go back to school from summer vacation this Monday.

Anyway. . . . I'd suggest an under armor heat gear hood or a cheap Halloween ninja mask vs the balaclava. They get real hot and it's already going to be hot enough in there without it. :p Can't wait to see what you come up with either way. What colors are you going for? The steel and bluish looking colors from your first page, or something else? Keep up the good work though.

Ouch! I might try going for a dip today since the weathers nice, can't imagine living 4 hours away from the sea. In Cornwall your never more than 30mins from a beach lol

As for the suit! Thanks for the suggestion, since the pictures I've opted to build Jun's helmet. Mainly because I needed to build a new one and also it looks nicer I think than the n6 helm.
Color scheme is going to be jungle style camo and I'm going to add some stuff like sniper netting and strap on military utility bag thing's all for a bit of extra effect. Just been finishing adding detail to the suit where I think it needs it. With any luck will be making a start on paint this week or starting week after :)

Thanks for the support buddy!

That sounds like an AWESOME idea.

Don't know how familiar with all this that you are, so forgive me if you know this stuff. If you're going for the sniper look. . . If you can get fishing net with one inch (2 1/2 cm) or a little smaller holes, it works the best for sniper veils and ghillie suits. The best netting, since you're close to the coast, are the old tan /brown fishing nets that you find in the coastal gift shops bagged up to sell. It would look good as the piece that Jun wears around his neck. And if you're going for authenticity. . . instead of shredding the traditional burlap that has little bitty easy to break strands, get some Jute twine and cut off the length you want and then untwist the strands to give you three smaller equal length strands. Jute dyes very well to different colors also. It comes in a natural tan /dark earth color, and you can find it at Walmart, hardware or craft stores. In Walmart it is where the tapes and everything are. It also has a stronger tensile strength than the traditional burlap and lasts a lot longer. Best thing is that the little spools of it are CHEAP!!!!! :p I've made a few ghillie suits while I was in the Army and for hunting and the netting with small holes and Jute works the best for it. If you need any help when /if it comes to that, let me know and I'll send you some pics of some things I have at home.

That sounds like an AWESOME idea.

Don't know how familiar with all this that you are, so forgive me if you know this stuff. If you're going for the sniper look. . . If you can get fishing net with one inch (2 1/2 cm) or a little smaller holes, it works the best for sniper veils and ghillie suits. The best netting, since you're close to the coast, are the old tan /brown fishing nets that you find in the coastal gift shops bagged up to sell. It would look good as the piece that Jun wears around his neck. And if you're going for authenticity. . . instead of shredding the traditional burlap that has little bitty easy to break strands, get some Jute twine and cut off the length you want and then untwist the strands to give you three smaller equal length strands. Jute dyes very well to different colors also. It comes in a natural tan /dark earth color, and you can find it at Walmart, hardware or craft stores. In Walmart it is where the tapes and everything are. It also has a stronger tensile strength than the traditional burlap and lasts a lot longer. Best thing is that the little spools of it are CHEAP!!!!! :p I've made a few ghillie suits while I was in the Army and for hunting and the netting with small holes and Jute works the best for it. If you need any help when /if it comes to that, let me know and I'll send you some pics of some things I have at home.

Dude that is awesome! Thanks so much for tht you've given me some direction there because honestly I had no idea where to start with the whole netting/veil stuff. Reading it I was getting the impression you must be a military man :p
If you could send some pics that would be great just post them up here if you want for some reason with the whole virus on te forum thing at the moment the pm system doesn't seem to want to work that well :/

Anyway thanks again that's the best info/help/idea I've ever been given :D

You're Welcome. Finally, some of that useless military knowledge is helping someone other than me. . . . LOL. I did spent some time in the Army and got out back in '98. While I was in I was Infantry first and then reclassed to be a MP. While in Infantry I busted my butt for 6 weeks for a sniper designation and it carried over as a MP. Anyways. . . Still a whole bunch floating around upstairs that won't go away though. If these photos don't make any sense then let me know. I'll try to explain what they are as best as I can.

This is the Jute Twine that I was talking about. These are small spools that a lot of people use for tying packages or some use it in their gardens. One spool should be enough for what you need it for.
DSCF7155.jpg

Jute is a three strand twisted rope so-to-speak. This is what it looks like before and then after you unravel it.
DSCF7156.jpg
DSCF7157.jpg

What you'd do is cut the lengths that you want and then unravel it to have three smaller strands. If you're going to dye it to say OD or dark brown or something, I'd just pull out a lot of it that you think you want that color and then dye the whole thing at once. Then, you can cut any length you want off of it and unravel it. Here's what some of it that I dyed OD green looks like. I don't think the color turned out right in the photo though.
DSCF7158.jpg

This is the fishing net that I was referring to. This one is actually has about 1/2" squares I think. There's a pic with a ruler for reference.
DSCF7163.jpg
DSCF7164.jpg

The way you attach everything is to just take your strand of jute, double it over and then make a hitch knot on the netting with it. I don't know if these pics will help you out with what I just said, but I did my best. LOL
DSCF7167.jpg
DSCF7169.jpg

Here's an example of a sniper veil that I made a long time ago. It is made with 2 inch netting, because the holes had to be big enough for a M24 barrel and a scopes objective lens to fit through. The netting is sewn to a boonie hat and the camo is a combo of Jute, Burlap and other twines.
DSCF7162.jpg
DSCF7166.jpg

It's designed to be worn the right way a hat should be with the long veil on your back while stalking and then you can turn it around backwards while prone to cover your neck, face and rifle altogether.

A neck veil would be based on the same thing as this. It just wouldn't need as much Jute on it being a neck veil. You just cut out a strip of netting about the length and width of a scarf and put shorter pieces of Jute on it to create the effect that you want. Just remember. . . Most snipers will use lighter colors or dead vegetation colors to make things like this, because it is a lot easier to make lighter colored things darker than vice versa. Oh, and don't try to put Jute in every hole all the way across. It's already a time consuming process to make things like these and that would take you forever . . . . :p Man, I hope this can help you on your way to getting what you want out of the veil that you want to make. Like I said, if this doesn't make sense, let me know. I'll be more than willing to do something else to help you out if need be.

@Spartan_127 - that's really cool thanks a lot for that! I understand all that you've said and the pictures are ideal. I think I've seen jute at Asda (our version of Walmart).
What I'm going to do is make small local areas of netting with the jute on, such as hanging off the shoulders and round the neck etc as I don't want to fully cover the armour with it but still have enough it's recognisable as sniper apparel. If that makes sense :p

What do you think with regards to color. Obviously you said dead vegetation which is very light brown but as I'm doing the darker jungle camo pattern then a darker veil would worker better?

Again thanks so much and once I get as far as too make it I'll hopefully get it right :)

That last post of yours is saved to my computer :D

@Rspartan 7 - thanks a lot, assuming your referring to my work and not spartan127's haha

@Spartan_127 - that's really cool thanks a lot for that! I understand all that you've said and the pictures are ideal. I think I've seen jute at Asda (our version of Walmart).
What I'm going to do is make small local areas of netting with the jute on, such as hanging off the shoulders and round the neck etc as I don't want to fully cover the armour with it but still have enough it's recognisable as sniper apparel. If that makes sense :p

What do you think with regards to color. Obviously you said dead vegetation which is very light brown but as I'm doing the darker jungle camo pattern then a darker veil would worker better?

Again thanks so much and once I get as far as too make it I'll hopefully get it right :)

That last post of yours is saved to my computer :D

@Rspartan 7 - thanks a lot, assuming your referring to my work and not spartan127's haha

Haha, yes I am referring to your work. :)

To go along with your jungle camo pattern, I'd just dye the Jute to the lighter colors that you use in your paint scheme mixed with a little bit of whatever darker greens or browns you use. I'd be willing to bet that if you used all the lighter colors on the veils or accents or even left it natural without dye, that it would make you color scheme "pop" that much more. It's all a matter of personal preference. I have four ghillie suits here at the house. The one colored like in the pics for fall and three others for desert, and dark woodland terrains. I have no doubt that you'll come up with something that will look AWESOME!!!!!!

Love how everything is turning out. Gotta say, you have real guts to do the helm out of foam. I've heard it's tough, especially if my torso is tough enough. The way you're customizing and putting in your own unique touches to the armor is fantastic too. I'm anxiously awaiting the end result

What Vidofnir said :)
Seeing as I have seen this build forming first hand I am most excited to see the helmet done and the sniper camo is right up my street as its exactly what I envisioned for the build. I am hoping you drop the paint scheme on the helmet and go for something more fitting to the camo. I know we have talked about the paint scheme but I forget what you decided on, still can't wait to see it start to take shape with some make up on :p
Tom.

Firstly thanks guys for the comments.
Working with foam for the helmet isn't any more difficult than the pep route I cant imagine but never done it so can't say lol
And as for the paint scheme it's going to be a splinter camo pattern.

Right small UPDATE!
I know I said I wasn't going to update for a while so I could get the painting done but I just moved to my new house complete with workshop and as I just applied the first paint I wanted to show it all off so feast your eyes below:

4481BFF9-DB84-4E31-B410-66CA38A08877-6824-0000078703735C7B.jpg

86CE6B9B-7757-4FF9-A0E0-632F170444C9-6824-000007870B349185.jpg

CC8042E3-1A59-4CF5-B556-8FF6E5D85B54-6824-000007871203C812.jpg

Will get some more up of the camo pattern when I get that far

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back