Noble six Helmet (Poss. whole suit?) -Dagoth

Status
Not open for further replies.
UPDATE: My fingers are sore...
.. But I have both forearms done!
Foam_FA_12Reach.jpg
[/IMG]

And YES, school has been cancelled tomorrow (VT), so that means a whole day to continue!

What should I do next in foam? The torso?
Redo the biceps? Maybe start the thighs, or shins even?

Also, do any of you have the foam templates for the cod piece, both genders? Thanks so much!

How am I supposed to craft all this in one night?
FCod_1.jpg
[/IMG]

Cod piece, everything with it. Got the butt plate ready, I'm thinking I have about an hour and a half.

Sorry for the double post

UPDATE:Resin was scary at first...
But I finally got to it.
Resin_1MKVI2.jpg
[/IMG]

The idea is that I'll start at the top half, mostly, and then glaze the underside next.
Resin_11.jpg
[/IMG]
Another angle :V
Resin_1MKVI3.jpg
[/IMG]
Is it bad that I left the bottom bare? I only did so because the little curve in the back of the neck is warped by default. I was planning on getting it to stay sticking out while it dried next time I glazed.

Its 43(F) outside right now. Is that alright? Its been about an hour, and the resin's still goop-like.
Perhaps later, when we fix our hair drier, we'll use that to help?

I'd suggest making a hot box out of cardboard and putting you piece in it with a heat lamp, then close the box up. Doing that acts like a kiln to have the resin at the right temperature. The box would need to be 2 - 3x bigger than the piece, but it will help it set up like it is supposed to. With it being 45 degrees at your place right now, it will take a very long time for the resin to cure. Winter time is rough when it comes to working with bondo or fiberglass just because of the low temps.

Hope this helps.

Looking good bro. Spartan_127 has the right idea with the hot box. How is the cod coming along?

Here's the cod piece finished:
CODF_13.jpg
[/IMG]
As you can see, its covered in alot of glue webbing. Can plastidip and primer cover those, no problem, or will I have to shave it all away?

A better angle, showing that it hugs me pretty well, no looseness :v
CODF_12.jpg
[/IMG]

The armor piece itself:
CODF_11.jpg
[/IMG]
Hope you like it, I'm going back outside to see if I can't progress on the resining!

@Caboose: Will do, CvG!

Another quickie: Lucky my uncle has a heat lamp, HUE HUE HUE HUE
Halo_Resinbondo_11.jpg

Perhaps I should cut out my shins while its drying, agreed?

depending on what you glued the pep together with, i find that placing the entire resined piece inside a large storage container, then taping the lid on with ducktap (create a seal) then bringing the container inside works great. used it on my fallout helmet and my recon with no ill effect. though the concentrated fumes may eat away certain glues. just make sure you open and close the lid in a well ventilated area

Looking good! Try to make as many things out of foam as possible becasuse it'll save you the hassle of bondo. Are you planning on going to any cons in your suit?

Looking good! Try to make as many things out of foam as possible becasuse it'll save you the hassle of bondo. Are you planning on going to any cons in your suit?
Thanks, will do. Yeah, in fact one is coming up on the 9th, till the 11th. Bakuretsu Con It'll be my first con ever, too :S
LEGS YEAAAAA
Shin_RFoam_11.jpg
[/IMG]

As you can see, I followed through with my plan! I wish I could make this happen faster though. Going to make the second one tomorrow, then the thighs. I'm re printing the chest mostly because it wasn't wide enough.

Are you going to try and finish for the con? You got a close deadline bro! Legs looking superb :)

looking great! cant wait to see it done

Thanks!

@CvG: Yeah, I'm hoping to get it done, but I haven't even started to reprint the templates for the chest :/

Update:
I'm starting on the other shin now, and I counted the my sheets: I'll only have enough for the thighs, and the chest to be made once, so I can't mess this up. Also, I'm going to have to improvise the foam biceps I "scrapped" together, can't re-do them at this point.
Still need to get primer, plastidip, paints, buckles, and need to make a heat box for the resining pieces, they're STILL out there, lol.

Pessimist's post:

I'm not going. I started too late. I took too long to resume. I'm just going to finish this build, and be happy with that.

Sorry for the double post, I needed to get this out, since it was bothering me pretty much every moment today.

I am so... frustrated. Its hard to explain.

Hey, it's alright, don't feel sad. There is always next year. Post pictures of your progress soon! Look forward to seeing it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back