Noble Team: A Reach Collaboration Wip

Status
Not open for further replies.
I need to carry around an old rag to wipe up the drool every time i see this thread.

They look like you could just pick one up and pop off a few rounds.

Well, if you look close, they arent exactly perfect. Some have some slight bubbles in the forward rails, some with varying sized bubbles in the butt pad, and one or two have some slight swirling going on. I had some surface cure issues with one, but brushing on metal powder seems to have alieved this to a large degree.

Well, if you look close, they arent exactly perfect. ..... I had some surface cure issues with one.
It's a bit reassuring to see that not even the experts are immune to that stupid Murphy and his stupid laws. Brandon, I'm curious..do you get the urge to just smash and restart when your hard work and effort gets foiled by the things that you just described? I know I do.

Well, I wouldn't call myself an expert. As far as smashing it and restarting, not usually. Only when I have a part that seriously warps when in the resin stage. Then it is much more fun to go out to my pile of expired propane tanks, grab a 20 pounder and drive the two minutes to the gravel pit just down the road. Lean the part against the tank in the middle of the pits, walk a hundred yards away and pop off a 30-.06 through the side and I suddenly feel a million times better. Gotta love redneck fireworks. And to Lost Viking, well, I do seem to recall offering to mold a certain all wood dmr at one point, so it could have been you with more than one...

Been working on cleaning up a DMR or two, as well as completing the new master forearm that came out of the transition mold. I now have it were I want it and will be doing a final mold on the new forearms and then they will be available in resin. I can do foam now with the transition mold. I will post up pics of that tomorrow. I am also considering scrapping the shin sculpt, the back it just bugging me. Im a little frustrated with it to be honest.

It's true. I guess I was just a little nervous or hesitant because it was my first build and now I have to live with what could have been :(

Sorry, Brandon.

4ac242ea.jpg

do-want-cat-300x249.jpg

This is all just overwhelmingly awesome! And that's all I have to say about that.

Brandon wanted me to post this up we were just demolding a DMR today

Last edited by a moderator:
While Brandon has probably casted 20 DMR's by now, I've got 0.3 DMR's made! And yes, they are all scopes! "One for the M6J, one for the M7, one for the DMR of course, one for the CARB..."

Brandon wanted me to post this up we were just demolding a DMR today

having recently joined the molders and casters fraternity, I assure you that this is by far the most fulfilling part of propmaking. Seeing the end product of weeks maybe months of hard work in a more durable iteration. Way to go guys!

I can tell that the DMR in the video was the very first pull by the way the mold halves stuck to each other. VERY EXCITING.

Thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:
So far I have cast 13, as far as how many more I will make, well, at least one for myself, and as many as people want I guess. The one in the video wasn't the first cast, it was the 13th. @Hickeydog, I laughed so hard when I saw that. @Dethaniel, you are looking at one of the coolest weapons known to man!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back