NoMaybeYes's Halo Reach Build

Status
Not open for further replies.

NoMaybeYes

So In order to get the pepping out of the way and lack of updates I decided to start the thread after I finished it. I’ve been working for about 9 months now and have finished the armor along with some side builds. I hope to have the suit ready to use so I can take it to the Motor City Comic Con in a few months. It’s really been a long project, considering I lost motivation twice and didn’t work on it all. I plan to do most of the resining by this weekend and I think I’m going to go the rondo instead of matting. Now for images and parts I’m using.

So this is what I have decided on for colors in Vanity but I think I'm going to go with rust and gold first.
VanityEOD_zpsa242bcac.png
VanityGrinadier_zps4987fd1e.png

Just because i could i took the hallway and layed out most of my set (I forgot to set in the helmet UA for grenadier and left out my side projects.)

Full Layout​

DSCN0535_zps4c1e2500.jpg

Upper Layout​

DSCN0539_zpsb389b4ac.jpg

Lower Layout​

http://s1326.beta.photobucket.com/u...mor/DSCN0536_zpscf8a4a57.jpg.html?sort=3&o=14

Very clean pepping, and trust, I know the feeling about how long it takes to pep. Great job! :D

-Seth

i think youve killed more trees than me! :) nice work

haha, sorry, have to be the sarcastic fact checker, but most paper is made out of cotton fyber, with only a small amount (if any) of wood,JUST THROWING THAT ONE OUT THERE... LOL

...sorry.

-Seth

Where is that subscribe button...
Looking very nice, i will keep an eye out on your work
+1 sub! Good pepping, looking forward to more on this build.
Very clean pepping, and trust, I know the feeling about how long it takes to pep. Great job!
WOW! That's a lot of pep pieces! Lookin good buddy!

Thanks a lot guys its been a challenge for sure.

i think youve killed more trees than me! nice work

I accually have a ton more printed up because I had the resources. I get to print them for free! I got really lucky.

Wow...how long did it take you to pep all of that????

It took me about nine months to pep, and I still have more sitting next to me after I finish.

UPDATE

So I have been working with my resin for the past week and a half and have gotten about half the armor done. Now I cant show all the parts I have resined but i can show off a complete arm with my bad haircut.

DSCN0552_zpse9d014d5.jpg

DSCN0551_zpsd2da2e7f.jpg

DSCN0550_zps30759e2d.jpg

I also had two quick questions if anybody would mind answering. 1) Is Bondo a necessary step in the whole process? I'm going to Rondo the helmet inside and if its not difficult the inside of all the parts, but im afraid I will lose some detail if I do Bondo the parts on the outside. 2) Do i still have to sand down the resined parts before bondo? If so what grits do I use?

Finally the 405th is back and I can update again with Major progress.
Finished April 30th just in time before I graduated in a few weeks. Now as seen in the first post compared to the finished suit. Its not rust orange. When I went to buy spray paint at Meijers I was impatient and bought what was close. Turns out it was a bit more red than I thought. Anyway I just went with it because I can always repaint.
DSCN0740_zps0b749971.jpg
DSC_5242_zpsce0bb70d.jpg
DSC_5303_zps2ba0cd11.jpg
As you can see I only have a single shoulder piece and that’s because the piece I made to attach shoulders to biceps broke on one. The piece I made was going to be used to attach Biceps and shoulder without having to make a bicep for every shoulder.
I really wanted a weapon to use but I couldn’t procure one in time for some fun. I was able to get permission to wear it out to school, the Jackson Area Career Center (Where I got all the paper printed), and Motor City Comic Con. Lots of looks, people saying its amazing, and lots of pics. But now I have ordered this!
DSCN0886_zps6cbc13bb.jpg
I still have lots of sharp edges to use bondo with and to split the torso so I don’t have to twist my body into it, but that work is for after my Open House. As for now. Its finished.
Now I think I may just leave these two pics here:
DSCN0888_zps0ea100a7.jpg
DSCN0887_zpsef68dfd8.jpg

Great work on the suit! Looks awesome! It's cool that you're working on a sniper! I'm working on the exact file right now!

work on the suit! Looks awesome! It's cool that you're working on a sniper! I'm working on the exact file right now!

Thanks for the complements but its still not done. As soon as I get home from my vacation I have to get a visor put in and strap the biceps and thighs so they stop falling down. Then I have to take a quick stop by the mall (and Gamestop),and restart. Im going to go over the suit with Bondo again so I get the edges out. I didnt have time to do it before Comic Con so now I can. Then a repaint. Im thinking of getting some things stencil painted in. As for the Sniper ive always liked Reach's looks more than the others so when I found it it was an obvious choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back