NZ-TK/Sigma Hayabusa Helm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sigma-LS said:
That's exactly what I was looking for! Thanks a lot daftndirekt. :D

Well folks, I was working on a video update for you...it didn't quite turn out as planned. You should get a good laugh out of it. I'm gonna go cry in a corner for a bit. :(

Then I'll get back to fixing it. (y)

OMFG HAHAHAH! Dude! That was a great Hayabusa helmet!!! Ashame it fell! But Thanks for the laugh!

Last edited by a moderator:
that sucked that you dropped the hemlmet and messed up some of the parts but other than that its GREAT and thanks for making that Mud tut. I'm using that technique for my helmet and it works GOOD

it seems like the hayabusa helmet would be a high maintenance helmet just to store and wear because in your vid you noted that the spikes tend to crack off but still great work so far

BishopX said:
LOL....OMG...I'm sorry.....that was funny but extremely heartbreaking at the same time. I've done that same thing with the last helmet I worked on but I had just finished painting it perfectly and then dropped it while hanging it from a wire in the spray booth. I then kicked it across the shop floor because I was so friggin' pissed. Hats off to your patience in putting it back together.

Cheers!

I really felt like smashing it but then I realized it took me 50 hours just to make the paper part of it :lol:

flying_squirl said:
*bites lower lip and trys not to laugh out loud*
it look great! pity about the whole gravity thing. cant wait to see this one finished. as i said, not a fan of it in game bit it looks kewl in real life.

It's worth it to just walk up to people and go "NINJA SPARTAN!" then run away. :lol:

Adam said:
I haven't laughed like that in a long time. You shall be a moderator for that one. LOL!!!

Knew you'de get a kick out of it :D Thanks BTW.

silvershadow said:
that was good man, havn't laughed like that for awhile, thanks for not editing it, hehe, but you know gravity is only a theory, um sometimes. Helmets lookin great!

The theory of Gravity and Murphy's law. A nasty combination. :oops:

it seems like the hayabusa helmet would be a high maintenance helmet just to store and wear because in your vid you noted that the spikes tend to crack off but still great work so far

And they poke you all the time when your sanding too. I think once it's molded it'll be less of a problem though

Thanks everybody for your support and opinions. I'm sorry if I missed responding to any of your comments. It's late and I'm not running at 100%.

Okay UPDATE TIME- Helm is completely repaired and looking smoother than when I shot the last vid. Paint hasn't even had a chance to dry on it yet so this is the newest update you'll find for a bit. I'm also trying to fix a couple of things in preparation for molding my CQB helm so I put in in here as well. I'll finish smoothing it in the next few days so I'll get some more new pics up then.

currenthelmstats001.jpg

currenthelmstats002.jpg

currenthelmstats003.jpg

Nice! its looking bad arse! once I put the finishing touches on my current build Im going to start one of these myself I think. I want to get the file cnc'd but alas its tooooo expensive as yet :(

wow looks good. glad that you got it all repaired. But do you know what the finished color of the helmet is goin to be?

(hmm molding CQB helm.... :p)

nice sigma i love it, i would like to see all the pep files t make my current armor tho, wuldnt every one want to make theyre armor off h3 tho lol

the second it fell im like O.O but the second i saw the red on the helmet on take 2, i cracked up, dont knw y either, anyway nice.

lolz you really have to finish this one.......after all this time into it.....now...
SPREAD THE LOVE!get the pdo out so we can enjoy!

yes, its annoying, im just biting my nails with anticipation!

hurry up, im running out of nails to bite on!

Everyone run! Sigma might drop a helmet on you! Lol, that was hilarious a few nights ago... Well, repairs are looking good, would you say your are ready to paint?

Keegan said:
Awesome! But whys there bondo on your CQB helm?
thisismadness2 said:
lol for some reason i thought that was bubble gum

Haha, it's Glazing putty! I'm using it to fix some minor symmetry problems. It may not be perfect when I mold it but it's gonna be as close as I can get! I'm also trying to find something for the inner rings on the cheek greeblies. Maybe I should bug Vos and see what he used.

ragtagsoldier said:
nice sigma i love it, i would like to see all the pep files t make my current armor tho, wuldnt every one want to make theyre armor off h3 tho lol
the second it fell im like O.O but the second i saw the red on the helmet on take 2, i cracked up, dont knw y either, anyway nice.

I want the Security shoulders too! I'm pretty sure a Rouge is in the works but it will probably be a little while before they get it out.

merrik_matsumura said:
Nice work! I can't wait for the model to be released.
MC PwN 3R said:
w00t! thats SICK man. i want the file now, my crappy cardboard one sucked in comparison with yours.
rvb4life said:
lolz you really have to finish this one.......after all this time into it.....now...
SPREAD THE LOVE!get the pdo out so we can enjoy!

yes, its annoying, im just biting my nails with anticipation!

hurry up, im running out of nails to bite on!

It's Tim's call for when he wants to release it. When things are ready they are ready. He'll probably want to do some more tests with it before he gives it the go ahead, I don't know it's really a question for him...

As for the cardboard, I know I couldn't do anything like that from scratch. Pepakura is my crutch because I can do detail but I'm very bad at symmetry.

Keegan said:
Everyone run! Sigma might drop a helmet on you! Lol, that was hilarious a few nights ago... Well, repairs are looking good, would you say your are ready to paint?

Forget the Banhammer, Beware the Hayabusa Bomb!

Still needs some smoothing and reshaping of the cheek vents. Then the detailing starts. With all the vines, it will take awhile. Then painting time!

Sigma said:
I want the Security shoulders too! I'm pretty sure a Rouge is in the works but it will probably be a little while before they get it out.

*co-Rogue-ugh* lol.

Sucks you dropped it, but at least you fixed it. And also, that 400 XPR Dremel is a beast. Thanks for the recommendations!

Can't wait to see it done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back