O.D.S.T. Armor build (Sean Bradley Kit)

HauntedWolff

Hello everyone ! Im not so new to what the 405th community is but Ive never actually posted a build thread. Here is my progress on my ODST kit I purchased from Sean Bradley. Cant wait to make some more progress and finish ! One step at a time though !

B46AB8EF-F662-402D-BC76-D5331616C325.jpeg

Rondo on the back calf with FG cloth. Just resin and FG cloth on the shins.

07A75DD9-BEAB-43B2-AA87-547B3E95750E.jpeg

The rest of the armor is getting just the Resin and FG cloth treatment. Its my first time working with this and I am enjoying the process !

If you have any tips, let me know !

Welcome to the 405th! The biggest thing to build on what you've already done would be weathering by dry brushing silver paint along the edges of armor pieces. This makes a huge difference to the depth of a suit!

If you have any questions feel free to ask! I also have several video tutorials that go over finishing techniques that maybe of some use to you!

Best of luck and I can't wait to see your finished ODST!

Welcome to the 405th! The biggest thing to build on what you've already done would be weathering by dry brushing silver paint along the edges of armor pieces. This makes a huge difference to the depth of a suit!

If you have any questions feel free to ask! I also have several video tutorials that go over finishing techniques that maybe of some use to you!

Best of luck and I can't wait to see your finished ODST!
Oh yes the weathering is one of my fav parts ! Makes it look like youve been through a lot and tells a story. Thank you for the kind words !

What mixture ratios did you end up going with for your rondo? It's the one thing I've always struggled with haha

What mixture ratios did you end up going with for your rondo? It's the one thing I've always struggled with haha
So i took out maybe the size of a tennis ball of bondo and poured the same portion of resin.

Mixed that first until you get a pancake batter texture. Add your resin hardener and for the size i put about 30 - 35 drops. Then add a roughly 3 in line of bondo hardener. Mix all together again.

Depending on temperature will determine your time of working with it. If its hot then you better be quick haha

So I started some trimming and wanted to resize the shoulders. I understand when sean bradley has to vacuum form that there cant be areas that can get caught or lack in detail. My inspiration came from vultureproductions on instagram. Now the shoulders are looking more accurate for me as the “wings” overlap. If you are a bigger lengthier person Id keep them untouched. Im 5’9 and they went from my shoulder to where my arm starts to bend, not touching my elbow though.

52FA1EE5-2755-4707-913E-1A5F94CD728F.jpeg

After all the trimming has been done, I wanted to start mounting and drilling holes first before painting. The whole upper torso armor plates are all removable. Even the chest plate. Alot of tutorials show rivets being used but I thought “If I was still in the Marine Corps and this was handed to me. How would it look or feel.”
DF85B35B-1EF3-427C-B78C-F13354343553.jpeg

743FE4FE-AB55-4C6E-BEB3-75E47462355F.jpeg

8188BF0F-5968-4718-BE25-96F7566D723C.jpeg

I also started piecing together the forearms. The seams will get bondo and filled. Foam on the inside for more of a snug fit.

BB5F85BF-C0D5-4A7C-8BC2-5E78EC70A4BB.jpeg

The cut out section is made for more mobility so i can bend my elbow. Inspiration by vultureproductions on instagram!

Back from vacation ! Just recently sold my Sean Bradley ODST Helmet. It was a great helmet and my first wearable Halo Helmet but it was time to be retired to introduce the new and improved helmet from Justin at Branfuhrstudios. I just love the sleek design and how form fitting the visor sits when finished. I didnt have a screen accurate visor so that was a must have. I do have Justins recon helmet and I can say his castings and detail are absolutely astonishing !

4FF42A40-BFB8-4678-8C0E-D5F20588A110.jpeg

769D6E8C-C7D6-4C05-8591-E43CB73DA241.jpeg

Hey guys ! Just wanted to let everyone know I havent given up on this kit haha Just attached the “butt” plate to the belt today lol. Just gotta get strap webbing and start sizing where they need to fit and then sanding the armor lightly so the priner coat of paint will adhere better !

Havent worked on it much due to my girlfriend having surgery and being out of work and taking care of her. And now dealing with the weather outside from the Forest Fires in Canada.

As you can see not many pieces laying around ! More Progress soon !

IMG_9417.jpeg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back