ODST And Recon Helmets

Status
Not open for further replies.
that is one amazing Recon Helm there is so much detail there. im in complete aww of this one.

ACDCrockr209 said:
Hey Adam *nudge* *nudge*...Can I Haz Recon plz :not worthy:

I'm also loving the ODST too.

-Pony (y) (y) (y)

Adam?.... err umm... Walter... I mean you can call me Spase, but Adam might get jealous if you start calling me by his name...

In other news from the shop....

Thanks folks... encouragement is always nice. Good news... new paint is curing... 4 View ODST pic from before primer a little while back to satisfy for an update.... looking at these photos I should really teach a class on taking photo's with a camera phone... (massive amounts of sarcasm detected....) please ignore the worst part of the funky tear drop ear bolt shape thing.... had planed on sanding them off for replacement in the new master... so... I'm sleepy.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is it just me or the helmet look a bit short ( from FRONT to BACK ) or maybe it's just the picture that is distorted ?

PhilzZ said:
Is it just me or the helmet look a bit short ( from FRONT to BACK ) or maybe it's just the picture that is distorted ?
It's not just you, but it probably is just distortion.

These are looking amazing, by the way. :p

Geeze I hope its distortion...

Camera phone quality pics, and perspective may give it that appearance. As well as the helmet was not mounted at the angle for which it is worn...

I took the picture at this angle because the lighting in my kitchen is overhead and casts terrible shadows. So Excuses Excuses... I'll try and get a better perspective shot to quite the peanut gallery about bad proportions. I did this while sitting in front of the best 3D model I had... the Theater in Halo 3... hopefully I didn't waste all that time.

Spase said:
Thankyou...

Head the warning. You'll never end up with a wearable helmet by this method. Oil clay over a pepakura armature does not equal wearable

Wait maybe i'm reading or understanding this wrong; Why cant you make a wearable helmet (or other piece) that has been pepped, put clay over it, then silicon over the clay??

WitnessOfTruth said:
Wait maybe i'm reading or understanding this wrong; Why cant you make a wearable helmet (or other piece) that has been pepped, put clay over it, then silicon over the clay??

Sure, you can mold a helmet built by a clay over pep method.... but you can't wear a Oil clay as a helmet... I mean, I suppose you could, but stand in the sun for a while and you'll be melty-chief.

In other news... ODST is getting molded to make the master... and who needs a brush on Silicone. A "Real Pro" does what I do.... use finely aged Mold Max 20, delivered back on October 10th, 9 months of fine aging in a climate controlled 72-77 degree room....

****Note, Mold Max 20 thickens over time.... don't try to age it, just get a brush-able silicone like Rebound 25 if you intend to make a brush on mold.... and only buy products when you intend to use them...

I had planned on making pour molds, and built the shell for the ODST... but upon opening the Mold Max, and mixing parts A and B together... well, lets just say it was very similar to a new bucket of Rebound, except very very light pink rather than orange-ish, a bit thicker (think rebound with a little bit of Thyvex), trapped air bacdly and needed to be degassed.

All in all I was much to cowardly to try pouring something that viscous. So, this mold was brushed on... Boo on wasted time making a pourable shell.... ahhh haaa... but I can use the shell to pour mold the Master... so Don't try to Pro it like me... I was just to stubborn to waste $90 dollars worth of silicone, so I re-purposed it as a brush-able "Finely Aged Mold Max 20"...

So my Birthday present to myself (yes, today June 9th is my B-Day) will be... que game show voice... a BRAND NEW BUCKET OF SILICONE...

Happy BDay Spase!
Glad you could make your aged product work out for you.
Nice work on both of these so far, really looking forward to seeing how they come out.

Aeon Psych said:
Spase:
looks like you may have the cheek area a little to deep???

Everything else looks great though, and hopefully the aged silicone that you planned to use to have the ODST completed in October turns out well haha.
You mentioned that these are larger than your Mark VI? Hope they aren't to large for me.

Also Happy birthday,
Aeon

Cheeks are indented for a purpose... they will be flush in the master, as will the over shape of the dome over the top.. right now it stair steps up in a manner of speaking, but it will be more egg shaped in the master to be correct for the game references.

They are not significantly bigger, just slightly to accommodate better padding and slightly larger noggins.

Thanks to all for the B-Day wishes... all silicone is done and curring... now its a sit and wait 24 hours... silly Mold Max.

wow... super great work of doom.....

I really like both of these helmet... and I'll be looking at the forums to see the final casts

ok... going back to resinning my pep parts... one day... one day... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back