ODST build

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all and I am sorry that I don't have any pics to post yet, I am just getting started on my project, but as soon as I take some, I will post them. I am making an ODST suit for my son and this is my first time doing anything like this, so all the advice and comments are welcome.

I have a question though, about the fiberglass resin. I have read lots of stickies throughout the forums and have seen everything from just a couple of drops, all the way to nearly thirty drops for a small amount. I know that the more hardener you put in, the faster it hardens, but what I am wondering is does this mean that your mixture will harden faster in your mixing cut, or will this make it cure faster..or both?

Thanks again and I look forward to sharing my project with everyone. :)

I have a question though, about the fiberglass resin. I have read lots of stickies throughout the forums and have seen everything from just a couple of drops, all the way to nearly thirty drops for a small amount. I know that the more hardener you put in, the faster it hardens, but what I am wondering is does this mean that your mixture will harden faster in your mixing cut, or will this make it cure faster..or both?
Both. :p
good luck with your build!

Both. :p
good luck with your build!

what a great comment <_<

Well Bro about the resin.
If you add more hardener it will cure faster, so if you dont use it or take to much time it will cure in the cup.
So experiment with small batches of resin with different amounts of hardener to decide what best works for you.
BTW

post some pics because mods will close this thread

Hmm, trying to figure out how to post a pic, lol. I'm sorry I have never done this before. New to the forum thing. Any help would be appreciated, I have two pics that I can post.

get an account on photobucket and upload your pics there then just post links of the pics and we'll be able to see them.

not bad. you did excellent work on scaling the helmet and the shoulder and it turned out great. keep up the good work.

Thank you. Always nice to have some words of encouragement. They look a little rough, I know, but I plan on fleshing out all the details with bondo.

btw I have a question about the shoulder. the starps that you glue on the back of the shoulder piece do you glue all of them on? Or just glue one because I finished with the right shoulder piece and glued all the starps on the back but i'm unable to put it on and take a pic. do you know what were suppose to do with that?

I am working on getting the resin/hardener mix right for me. As soon as I make some more progress, I will post some new pics. Thanks again. :)

btw I have a question about the shoulder. the starps that you glue on the back of the shoulder piece do you glue all of them on? Or just glue one because I finished with the right shoulder piece and glued all the starps on the back but i'm unable to put it on and take a pic. do you know what were suppose to do with that?

What I plan on doing with the shoulder pieces, is making the whole thing one, rigid piece. Then running a strap through a loop which I will attach and resin in the lower part, and then tighten it around the bicep. Then attach the upper half to the under armor via an small piece of elastic and a snap. I think this way will be hidden and not hinder movement of the arms.

This is the only thing I have done so far. I'm working on the 2nd shoulder, then i'm gonna do the chest, legs and finally the helmet (i've had a hard time building the helm so I'm saving that for last.).

This is the only thing I have done so far. I'm working on the 2nd shoulder, then i'm gonna do the chest, legs and finally the helmet (i've had a hard time building the helm so I'm saving that for last.).

Nice man. Very detailed. Yes the helmets can be a pain. I have pepped out a MkVI helmet and it took a while for me to get it together, as I'm new to this. The ODST helmet I am working is simpler, but still took some time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back