ODST Foam armor! Getting ready for Halloween (:

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have sad news.... i accidently dropped my helmet. ): im gonna try to fix it to the best of my abilities.
Its just to horrifying to post a pic..... So ill post a pic of how my repares turn out once i fix it.
I really dont have the time to make a new one. GAHHH!!

That... just... sucks...

My sympathies. It happens to everyone at least once. Best of luck with the repairs!

I know that feeling, I dropped my helmet not once but three times (one of them at the con!)

Considering the helmet was made of foam, did it just split along one of the seams you glued or did you tear into the foam?

Okay well I got some pics of my progress, but be fore i post them..
I did fix my helm.
Considering the helmet was made of foam, did it just split along one of the seams you glued or did you tear into the foam?
I ripped the foam.

Okay picture time. first my fixed helm.
IMG_0370.jpg

IMG_0371.jpg

IMG_0374.jpg

IMG_0373.jpg

IMG_0372.jpg

Okay now i dont know if you can see the seem that i fixed up. but it was along the the whole length of the helm. i had to paint it up to hide it.
IMG_0363.jpg

IMG_0364.jpg

IMG_0365.jpg

IMG_0366.jpg

IMG_0367.jpg

IMG_0368.jpg

IMG_0369.jpg

Its working now :)

Love the repair. Even gives the helmet a little more character. Armor's looking sweet too. Awesome paint job! Overall, I'm lovin' this build!

I can`t tell with the pic's you have but if it didn't make it crooked at all, the crack actually makes it look better in my opinion.

I can`t tell with the pic's you have but if it didn't make it crooked at all, the crack actually makes it look better in my opinion.
it didnt make it crooked (which i love)

Love the repair. Even gives the helmet a little more character. Armor's looking sweet too. Awesome paint job! Overall, I'm lovin' this build!
Thanks i was thinking the same thing. The crack does give it character haha

So I know its been a while but i got some fun new pics! hope you like. Oh and i finished the costumes. Those pics will come later. :)
IMG_0103.jpg

IMG_0104.jpg

IMG_0106.jpg

IMG_0107.jpg

IMG_0108.jpg

IMG_0113.jpg

My ODST helm.

IMG_0117.jpg

IMG_0119.jpg

IMG_0120.jpg

IMG_0121.jpg

IMG_0122.jpg

The concept of an all foam suit just sounds so comfy :D you could probably lay down and fall asleep in that sucker lol maybe one day I'll try that

I found your use of 2-liter bottle caps for the center detail to be very practical. No more stenciling trying to cut a perfect circle!

Also if you need a better power source go to the Sam's Club bulk buy store and get a 4 pack of 2-liter Coke. That can last 2 whole days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back