ODST Foam armor! Getting ready for Halloween (:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay my Armor is FINISHED!!!!
CHECK IT OUT!!
(note my knee pad fell off while trying to get on a motorcycle haha)
DSC_7507.jpg

DSC_7505.jpg

DSC_7504.jpg

Helmet hair. the one thing they never put in video games.
DSC_7514.jpg

On the plus side, we got our own Cheerleaders
DSC_7515.jpg

Also i am trying to accumulate more pictures from this Fall Festival. :)

I found your use of 2-liter bottle caps for the center detail to be very practical. No more stenciling trying to cut a perfect circle!

Also if you need a better power source go to the Sam's Club bulk buy store and get a 4 pack of 2-liter Coke. That can last 2 whole days.

On mine I used that little plastic circular thing that's left over after you finish a roll of tape, and it looks fairly accurate.

ah dammit....im totally jealous i didnt get mine done in time for halloween :( looks awesome though guys great work!!!

nice job guys looks awesome hope my foam build ends out as good as this one, hey just a question how do you round the edges on the mats, with a dremmel?

Again!

What did you use to tint the visor?

I see this question Not being answer. So I want to Know this Too, What did you use for your Visor, and How do you tint it? a quick tutorial will Help us a lot to us the noobs, also tell use where do u get the materials "plastic for the visor and the tint" Thank u ,, and awesome costume Bro.

I see this question Not being answer. So I want to Know this Too, What did you use for your Visor, and How do you tint it? a quick tutorial will Help us a lot to us the noobs, also tell use where do u get the materials "plastic for the visor and the tint" Thank u ,, and awesome costume Bro.

Well the tint is just this paint o got from wal-mart its called Krylon X metals. the plastic i used was just from a 5 gallon water container from wal-mart as well. all you have to do is lightly spray some of the paint on the visor. just enough to "tint" it. thats all nothing really to it. im sure someone has already done a tutorial for it some where. i just googled it and checked the stickes for anything i need. i got my inspiration from other 405th members

Sir, you're a f***ing genious and an inspirations to us newbies, as soon as i figure out someplace to work (and more difficult, convince my wife!!!) i'll get to work on my ODST, thanks for this thread.

Okay so im gonna be building a new set of ODST armor. Im gonna build the Halo reach ODST/Army Trooper. Ill make it so it can go either way.
Oh and i was playing through the campaign the other day and saw something rather cool. This was not an normal Army Trooper. I was an actual Marine. I wish i would have taken a picture to show you guts but didnt think of it at the time. It was a full on Green armor, camo everything! it was awesome. It even said marine on the back of his helmet. his armor styling was completely different from the normal Army Troopers. Has anyone else run into this guy? Post pics if you have seen him!

Nice work on the armor, congrats on finishing the project. I see you are going to make another suit, good luck with that.
I notice that you do have some visible seams where the part should be smooth, there are a couple of ways to fix this. My preferred method is to join the pep file along a seam prior to cutting the foam, then marking where the line is and carving the back of the foam until you get the desired shape. This works well on knees, elbows, vent boxes etc. For the helmet top rounded areas I prefer to cut the shapes, as you've done and then dremel the seams down slightly to eliminate the "bump" and apply a layer of thin craft foam, 2 or 3mm works best. Here is a pic of a helmet I made using this method:
DSC_0131.jpg

And lastly you can use flexible, sand-able spot putty to achieve epic results.
Happy armoring!

Legit, man. You have a really good build here. I wish i could have seen this thread when it was in progress, but i guess catching it when it's finished has it's perks too. (sorry for necro-ing, but this build deserves more compliments).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back