ODST illuminating Flash Bangs

Status
Not open for further replies.
CB486EA3-B676-4931-8FCF-EA6372D855F0.jpeg

Ok, think I’ve got the magic number now.

White LED mounted at the bottom with x4 layers of yellow makes an absolutely beautiful glow.

This is looking great! And yeah removable will make good photo op moments

Reactions: L84
Now here is the question.......Can they survive a toss across the room? I mean just in case you wanted to have a catch in a dark room......or convention hall.........someone might have butterfingers and it might just hit the floor......Will it survive a fall?

Now here is the question.......Can they survive a toss across the room? I mean just in case you wanted to have a catch in a dark room......or convention hall.........someone might have butterfingers and it might just hit the floor......Will it survive a fall?

Well, I’m sure the exterior will hold up fine considering what it’s made from. I’d be more concerned about the paint being botched or the electrical components on the inside breaking. Best way to know, is to try it out. I’ll run a few test drops today and let you know how that goes.

Quality testing!!!! Love it. I'll get Good Housekeeping on the phone in the mean time. We could always use their endorsements.

Nope, to be honest, I don’t have a lot of painting experience and am fairly new to all of this. Is a good matte clear something you’d recommend?
I haven't got to this part or researched enough.. maybe someone like TurboCharizard RandomRanger or PerniciousDuke could give some input. This question may also help me for after I paint my armor haha. maybe dirt dives knows too but I'm just grasping at names now :eek:

Nope, to be honest, I don’t have a lot of painting experience and am fairly new to all of this. Is a good matte clear something you’d recommend?
You don't technically need to clear coat, but considering how cool those flash bangs are I'd certainly recommend taking proper care of them and giving them a nice coat in matte. I've also seen people do additional weathering on top of clear coat if they want a real rustic appearance.

I
would reccomend it because it adds a buffer between the outside world and the paint. If you scrape it, the clearcost will take the bolow instead of the paint and it will look like nothing happened. I usually do a few coats of clearcoat on all my paintjobs

You guys don’t get a bad shiny reflection off your armor by doing the clear over the paint? I would think that even using a Matte Clear would still leave a bad shine.

Just want to make sure your paint fully cured to avoid surface blemishes.

Just want to make sure your paint is fully cured to avoid surface blemishes. Seriously, fully cured.

You guys don’t get a bad shiny reflection off your armor by doing the clear over the paint? I would think that even using a Matte Clear would still leave a bad shine.

Matte finish doesn't leave a shine. Gloss or high gloss definitely will, and satin kind of will, also, sometimes. But Matte finish hasn't been an issue. At last not for me.

Just want to make sure your paint is fully cured to avoid surface blemishes. Seriously, fully cured.

Matte finish doesn't leave a shine. Gloss or high gloss definitely will, and satin kind of will, also, sometimes. But Matte finish hasn't been an issue. At last not for me.
And another thing to note just in case is if you ever accidentally use gloss, satin, etc. Or just dont like the results, spraying a matte clearcoat over it will eliminate the shine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back