Odst Weta Landfall Ver. Pep Armor By Skg & Crew

Status
Not open for further replies.
Th undersuit is a mix of a couple things. Vests, straps, possibly loose fitting Navy Bule pants, Hatch tactical gloves and a turtleneck of some kind. You guys gotta use your imaginations a bit too

i agree with SKG on useing your brain, we cant spoon feed everything to you guys

it also looks like a wetsuit under the vest

Slight necro, but I have news from the Weta workshop! I've been talking with their PR person, and she's been really good about getting me information!

To start things off, Weta is no longer in possesion of their ODST costumes. I am unsure why, and I'm probably not going to ask, either. Rather sad, in my opinion. Those where great suits.

The plates where bolted straight onto the bodysuit, which are custom made BDUs that Weta created. We have no way of locating them ourselves. The bolts where cut short and padded to provide comfort to the wearer. With this in mind, I'm willing to bet that Weta's straps where only for show.

The visors where created with vacuum formers, much like how Rube has been doing it for some time, and how I plan to do it in the near future. Fabric dye was used to tint them.

Those are basically all of the big nuggets of information I was able to procur, and I hope this helps anyone who is currently working on their Weta ODST project!

well not all the straps are for show. i know the big one going over the shoulders was for show, the others that hold on the hip armor i know thats no show

Hey everyone.

As some of you know, I'm building the WETA ODST from pep, and I'm using these files. Now SKG and/or Ral Partha, don't take this the wrong way, but as I was building the left chest pad unfolded by Ral Partha, I encountered some edge flapes were there shouldn't be. The edges I did that are double flaped (I mean this as in 2 pieces that go togeather that have a flap on one side also has a flap on the other -for example #20 has a flap, and the other side of #20 has a flap, you have to cut one off.) Ths is only a minour fault however, but for future referance, here are the edge numbers so either they can be fixed, or anyone who is building it will know whats up. Edge numbers 15, 27, 13, 11, 8, 20, 22, 23, and 4. Thats all I have descovered, and I'm sorry if this has been noticed before.

Other than that, no flaws. The models are amaizingly accurate, and I will enjoy finishing this project!

CHEERS!

Thats exactly what I did. its no big deal, but I thought I would simply see what would be done, and also said it for other people for the near future.

Skullcandy Girl said:
per my usual response, I just have no time to go back over the models, sorry :(

I compleatly understand, and I also would imagen you would havo little to no free time on you're hands.

link4044 said:
why are people bitching about the models when there FREE!

I'm not complaining, i'm simply staiting this for otheres so there isn't a huge deal about it some other time. The models are AWSOME, and I know that the extra flaps are simpy a computing error.

CHEERS!

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the info Spartan137 and Xtreme TACTICS 101. The Weta ODST is my project currently under way. I just got started on it, but with some of the finished products I have seen thus far, I feel like I can't get it done fast enough. Again, thanks for the input.

Haven't checked back on the forums in quite some time.

Did everyone catch the new odst's on the new Halo; Recon ?

The weta armor is still a great start since its just downright more realistic and practical if it ever came to light.

The gloves are just normal motorcycle gloves. Many tactical companies reused the knuckle idea for more "tactical" application. Hatch, Oakley, Blackhawk just to name a few

Primarily, you could just search on ebay under designation "motorcycle gloves" and you will find many cheaper alternatives

SKG, you're in the city right? Did you go to the halloween parade?

I started on this project the other day and i noticed something with the thigh armor files. The right and left thigh files were both the right thigh. I dont know if this has already been addressed in the thread, my computer/internet is ancient slow, but any help would be very welcome.

The left and right thigh pieces i glassed last night beg to differ... were did you download the files you have from??

Oops, I forgot about this. Xtreme TACTICS 101 asked me to retrieve some info from Weta a while back.

According to Weta, no specific colors where used in painting the ODST body armor. They pretty much used whatever they felt worked for the armor. Pretty much shoots accurate in the foot for us.

I also decided to ask them what happend to their Warthog, Armor and Weaponry. Their PR person informed me that Weta is not at liberty to say what happend to their props, as Microsoft seems to have done something with them. I don't know if they've been put into storage, or if they've been destroyed, or anything.

That's all I got.

Spartan137 said:
Oops, I forgot about this. Xtreme TACTICS 101 asked me to retrieve some info from Weta a while back.

According to Weta, no specific colors where used in painting the ODST body armor. They pretty much used whatever they felt worked for the armor. Pretty much shoots accurate in the foot for us.

I also decided to ask them what happend to their Warthog, Armor and Weaponry. Their PR person informed me that Weta is not at liberty to say what happend to their props, as Microsoft seems to have done something with them. I don't know if they've been put into storage, or if they've been destroyed, or anything.

That's all I got.
that's some good info 137!
well we know some of the props are at Bungie, If i was MS id use the hog to do some promo stuff for the upcoming games. But if i had to guess id say WETA would still have them, or at least the molds.

p0rtalman said:
that's some good info 137!
well we know some of the props are at Bungie, If i was MS id use the hog to do some promo stuff for the upcoming games. But if i had to guess id say WETA would still have them, or at least the molds.

According to their PR people, they don't have anything... parts, weapons, armor, vehicles, costumes... Everythings been moved. Maybe they still have their molds, but I don't really know.

But I agree w/ you on what MS should do with them, although... Halo 3's not on it's selling peak anymore, so all they have is the conventions etc. Their all pretty useless right now...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back