Odst Weta Landfall Ver. Pep Armor By Skg & Crew

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alrighty then, spoon feeding time...

Scale the height to 30cm (300mm). If that doesn't work, then your head is to darn big and you should get it cheaked out. Lol! Just kidding! Seriously though, try scaling it to 30cm (300mm) in height. If that doesn't work, then go to 31.5cm (315mm) in height.

Xtreme TACTICS 101 said:
Alrighty then, spoon feeding time...

Scale the height to 30cm (300mm). If that doesn't work, then your head is to darn big and you should get it cheaked out. Lol! Just kidding! Seriously though, try scaling it to 30cm (300mm) in height. If that doesn't work, then go to 31.5cm (315mm) in height.

The helm is done, I used the default scale (a bit of guess since I know I have a big head) and it fits well enough. Earlier in the thread you said that you yourself said that although it is scaled for someone 5'11 you found you have to scale things up in order to get a good fit with you being just 5'8... What I was going to do was sit down with a tape and measure my shoulder width, arm, etc. Having the default dimensions of the various pieces would save me some time is all.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am trying to find any pics that show with clarity just how the hip armour sits on the body in relation to the wearer. I want to put some struts in to hold the piece in the correct shape and make sure that I got the general size about right.

It's kinda hard to tell, from what I remember, they're attached to the belt and kinda sit on the outer back part of the hips. Almost the side of the thighs as well.

Ok I have a question are the parts already scaled on the downalodable files or do I have to scale it myself I am the exact dimensions of what you posted in your first post but with me from some reason I cannot scale with my designer I'm starting to think it could be b/c I got it from download.com and thats why I'm having trouble with putting someone elses file in my program, but anyway I would just like to know are the files in the first post to scale for a person to print out and make or would they have to be scaled?

sierra092 said:
Does anyone have any pep files of The Rookie's shoulders? thanks

go here:

http://www.4shared.com/file/110320496/ccc823a3/ODST_Shoulder_Nightshade_MrOreo123.html

It is what I am going to use. Now on another note, I read through but either didnt see or looked over my situation. I have also searched scaling help and turn up nada.... So anyways, I am on my 3rd torso trying to get the correct scaling.... I have done too small, and too big, and now on the third try, it is the right everything, except I cant fit it over my head.... Now my head isnt huge at all, it's just the neck hole is really small, any help or ideas? I was thinking about trying to splice a bigger neck piece on, or should I just sand it to be more open later? or cut it wider now whilst still in pep phase?

CHA0S KN1GHT said:
... except I cant fit it over my head.... Now my head isnt huge at all, it's just the neck hole is really small, any help or ideas? I was thinking about trying to splice a bigger neck piece on, or should I just sand it to be more open later? or cut it wider now whilst still in pep phase?

It's been a long time since I worked with the torso piece but the same thing happened to me. What I do to get it on now is just turn my head to one side because the hole is oval you can get your head through. What I was planning on doing (before I scrapped it to start over at a later date) was to cut the neck on either side and have it clip together.

Don't know if that helps.

Belakor said:
It's been a long time since I worked with the torso piece but the same thing happened to me. What I do to get it on now is just turn my head to one side because the hole is oval you can get your head through. What I was planning on doing (before I scrapped it to start over at a later date) was to cut the neck on either side and have it clip together.

Don't know if that helps.

that was also one of my thoughts too, but thought it would look funny, but it would work.... oh yeah, and the hole is really really small, turning head sideways still doesnt fit. i cut the the inward turning top off and it fits fine now, i can always make some padding to make it look thick, probably will. that way my head will still slide through and it will be snug.

CHA0S KN1GHT said:
that was also one of my thoughts too, but thought it would look funny, but it would work.

You know it has been so long since I've looked at that torso I actually forgot that I had modified it to fit better:

3780480504_0e0c2a27d5.jpg 3779670063_4e4d15cd1c.jpg

3779669923_9e7b8d2eb3.jpg

What I remember now is that I opened up the neck hole and extended it forward a little. It's still a tight fit but I can get my head through without getting stuck.

mine actually looks really close to that :cool

still have some more modifying to do though, but I am still in the pep phase so no worries

In reference to the shin armour I am at a loss as to where the various support struts are intended to be placed, any suggests would be great.

P32 said:
In reference to the shin armour I am at a loss as to where the various support struts are intended to be placed, any suggests would be great.

I am not there yet, but as soon as i get to pepping the shin, I will let you know what I find out :cool

CHA0S KN1GHT said:
I am not there yet, but as soon as i get to pepping the shin, I will let you know what I find out :cool

I eventually figured it out, since the supports' tabs are not numbered where they connect to the main piece I had to first figure out what the object of each piece was and then see where it was on the 3D view.

Heres the shin support strut order:

250px-Perfect_White_UNSC_logo.png

Good luck!

Also, the stomach packs (pads and plate) are too small compaired to the rest of the chest armour. Whoever is making the Weta ODST should pay very close attention to this.

Here is the chest pieces fully peped:

DSCN1511.jpg

Now heres the Weta ODST:

ODST10.jpg

Notice how the stomach packs on the Weta ODST extend out farther then the chest pads (they may not look like it, but they are on an angle), while the pep file ones don't.

Sorry to everybody who worked on the files for the somewhat harsh words on scailing, but i guess its for the greater good.

Cheers!

Hey all, anyone know where to get the blue visor for the helmet? My helmet is not scaled down, its the actual size from the pep file. was wondering if the HJC visor that most people use for spartan helmets would work?

EDITED ON 08/12/09

Belakor, your ODST pep files have one problem...

the back plates that cover the shoulder are the same. I have checked twice. I made them both and double checked to make sure I didnt double print. the number are even different in some places but they are the same piece.

now i just have to see if i can make one of these work backwards lol

flying_squirl said:
hey, i havnt been able to keep up with this thread to well latly but i have a low poly odst helmet that might be usefull as a size tester if one isnt already made. lemme know n ill send toy the obj. :)/smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

heres a pic

preview.jpg

hey squril im sort of new and tried the odst helmet here): fail. i saw your low poly helm, can you send the pep file to me? I would like to try and build this before I try this helmet again. Thanks!

MustangCobra69 said:
What font did Belakor's Files use? I don't seem to have then so I don't get to see the numbers so can't make it... :(

That's odd, it should just replace the missing font with the default one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back