Official - Bungie Leaves Microsoft

Status
Not open for further replies.
tehronin said:
W.T.F DUDE THE WHOLE PURPOSE OF HALO IS FOR XBOX, ITS THE ONLY THING THAT MAKES XBOX360 LIVE. so are you a 360 fan or a ps3 fan..

lol I knew some one was going to say that after my post. I'm not really a fan boy of either. I have a 360 and I have a ps3, and I love my 360 I just hate Microsoft. I was just saying i would love to be able to play halo on my psp (get a little halo in before class and what not). Blu-ray would have provided Bungie with a lot more space, so there would have been a lot more to halo. They could have made the game 2 CD's, one for the campaign and one for Multiplayer but they didn't.

Last edited by a moderator:
Adam said:
By now, you must have heard the rumor of Bungie leaving Microsoft that started at 8Bit Joystick.com. Well, we can't provide further info now (we'd put our sources in trouble) but we're going to tell you that it is more complex than simply Bungie leaving Microsoft or Microsoft letting Bungie go.

There will be an official announcement this week, definitely before October 12th...

So something is wrong then........... :(

A friend of mine who has someone close that works at Bungie has just been dying to tell me a secret about their future. Since the NDA officially expire today the sent me and email with the details. I have full faith in this contact.

The email is as follows :

"So heres my big secret. You should google Bungie + Microsoft + separation this week.
You know that big ol BILLION dollar franchise Bungie has created for Microsoft, to show their appreciate Microsoft is letting Bungie leave. Of course Microsoft gets to keep all rights to the Halo franchise, but as today Bungie no longer part of Microsoft. Ask anyone who works there to search the global address book, they're no longer in there. Microsoft was supposed to release the press release today but if they wait till the 10/6 the impact wont effect the quarterly results. However today is the actual official date and the day the NDAs expire, however you still didn't hear this from me."

"Apparently MS just wants Bungie to make Halo for the rest of their natural days, and Bungie doesn't like how MS is constantly trying to "handle" everything they do; the way they market their games, the way they interact with their fans (basically the fact that they do appreciate their fans), and how stingie they are with the profits (comparable to the rest of the industry). So as of today they are their own independent entity. They'll probably make Halo 4 for Microsoft, however hey are also free to create new intellectual properties for whatever system they want. (Even though they prefer the xbox platform)"

"What a way to say thank you."

Khuntilla said:
I just hate Microsoft.

And you think what of sony? Sony is just as evil...

I don't know what to make of the separation, will be interesting to see how things play out.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooo Next thing you know:

Halo 4 Only on ps3

and

Halo wars only on Nitendo Wii..........

Me sad=[

Leadingspartan said:
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooo Next thing you know:

Halo 4 Only on ps3

and

Halo wars only on Nitendo Wii..........

Me sad=[
that won't happen.

A new Marathon would be tempting ;O

Would that mean that Microsoft still owns Halo so its silly rules would still be in use?

bungie likes the way the games play on computers and xbox's they arnt going to change that, no one likes how ps3 and wii handle fps's ;)

tehronin said:
bungie likes the way the games play on computers and xbox's they arnt going to change that, no one likes how ps3 and wii handle fps's ;)
idk metroid corruption was awesome on the Wii
i also liked resident evil 4 on the wii too
anyways least now bungie's games will come out on mac again :p
right?

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21149633/

SAN FRANCISCO - Microsoft Corp said on Friday that Bungie, the crown jewel of its video game unit that was behind its hit "Halo" franchise, will become an independent company.

Microsoft said it will retain a stake in the new company and will continue to publish future "Halo" games and other titles, although Bungie indicated it could also make titles for gaming devices other than Microsoft's Xbox 360.

(Msnbc.com is a Microsoft-NBC Universal joint venture.)

"We will continue to develop with our primary focus on Microsoft platforms," Bungie head Harold Ryan said in a statement. "We look forward to continuing that affiliation through 'Halo' and beyond."

Microsoft bought Bungie in 2000 as it beefed up its game development efforts in preparation to launch its Xbox gaming console the following year.

"While we are supporting Bungie's desire to return to its independent roots, we will continue to invest in our 'Halo' entertainment property with Bungie and other partners," Shane Kim, head of Microsoft Game Studios, said in a statement.

Microsoft's Xbox 360 competes against Sony Corp's PlayStation 3 and Nintendo Wii.

"Halo 3," which launched on September 25, has already racked up more than $300 million in worldwide sales, making it one of the fastest-selling games of all time and putting Microsoft's money-losing entertainment division on track to turn a profit.

Ostrich said:
Oh please Halo 2 and 3 for the Mac..... :rolleyes

You forget that Microsoft still retains the Halo propertys therefore....fat chance of Halo on the Mac

but that unfortunatly means no release from the stupid rules Microsoft has as well.

God help me if I ever saw Halo on the PS3 I would shoot myself in the head...right then and there

I get to say it, read my former post.
In your faces.
Booyah, time to dance, I was right!

Sweetness, now we can do what we do best because Bungie loves us!

Bungie loves us, always has.

As long as Halo does never reach thy evil Sony, I don't care.

+1, Bungie.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back