Old farts: sound off!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GMer56

Sr Member
I remember back when the regional regiments were just a dream. The forum looked different, Halo 3 was the last Halo and I was a goober... those were the days... 9 years and I still don't have a kickass Halo costume to speak of :whistle:
Feel free to share your 405th nostalgia so I don't seem like a lonely old nut.

I remember all the bickering and fighting over halo 3, reach files. Cardboard weapons everywhere, foam templates were unheard of people were against it. No destiny blueberries. Unfolders every where buuttt didnt share unless asked.
4shared ruled the chicken coup.

I have given away enough failed pepped parts than i can count. Still havent finished one armor set.

I remember awaiting for lexblueriver to finish his awesome 3d files.

I showed up in 2010, just after a huge mass exodus for whatever reason at the time. About 6 months later the site caught a bunch of viruses and folks left. I started my first full pep build then and it would take almost 3 years to complete. 2 years later I began my next build on foam and have been active ever since!

I'm not a veteran, but I have found myself reading through ancient posts bored many evenings. I've actually enjoyed wading through your muddy waters. Lol. Like, who is this person and why are they banned? Search tool time, re-read every one of their posts and got the whole story. Lots of history here. That particular incident was the, "do we stay faithful with Bungie or with Halo" controversy. Halo, obviously. :)

Hahah, okay that makes it sounds gross. What I was getting at is that I like to see how people handle conflict. Being a forum, those conversations are preserved in time.
Oh man...someday there's gonna be another PerniciousDuke who reads all of my old posts and just thinks: "Who the heck is this guy?!"
"Papeesheewoosh?!"

I guess i'll forever be remembered, in one way or another.

I was actually on this forum on a different account. It was probably in 2012, right after the release of Halo 4. I was a lurker, though. I was so intent on building some H4 MC armor.

I'm not super old but I've been here since 2014, and I remember all the crap on 4shared. I don't miss 4shared. I don't miss it at all.

I can barely remember what this place looked like before Movie Prop Sites got it.

I remember the days of Ruze, Link, Adam, muckle cast Halo 2 armor, and CNC starting to be experimented with. My how time has flown!

-Matt

Man... i remember the summer of 2011 or 2012 where the 405th just... ceased to exist. it was server issues or admin abandonment or something. typing in 405th.com just gave you a blank page (i know because i checked in almost weekly to see if it was back up). crazy times, man.

Oh man, there's some names in here I haven't seen in a while.
I think I qualify - started lurking around '09 (that dark theme was best IMO) because I wanted to make an ODST suit after the game came out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back