Olympics 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fenix Chief said:
How About Rocket Launchers that shoot Rockets filled with Chess Pieces! :p
awesome or plasma nade that shoots paint everwhere

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm trying to watch the Olympics here in Canada, so we don't have a lot of the single athlete glorification, although we do brag about our rowing team a lot :)

I was flying home from Ontario and we watched the Women's 8+ heat with the Americans and the Canadians, and holy monkeys the American women stormed down the course. Poor Canada :( That's okay though, our mens team rowed well!

We also watched the gymnastics....that $#!Te is INTENSE.

On the topic of Halo-based olympic games, there should be the Grunt-throw and Spartan-Elite wrestling matches.

Darkfire said:
I'm trying to watch the Olympics here in Canada, so we don't have a lot of the single athlete glorification, although we do brag about our rowing team a lot :)

I was flying home from Ontario and we watched the Women's 8+ heat with the Americans and the Canadians, and holy monkeys the American women stormed down the course. Poor Canada :( That's okay though, our mens team rowed well!

We also watched the gymnastics....that $#!Te is INTENSE.

On the topic of Halo-based olympic games, there should be the Grunt-throw and Spartan-Elite wrestling matches.
i agree

Fenix Chief said:
Here's some sports I'd like to see in the Olympics:

Dodgeball
Baseball
Chess
Yo Mama Fights :D
Football
Paintball
Airsoft
Slayer
Oddball
Capture the Flag
Assault (With Instant arming and Instant Exploding :lol: )
V.I.P.
Territories
King of the Hill

Were some of my Choices Halo Related? :lol:

Edit: Forgot Infection! How could I have been so stupid! :oops:

Baseball was on today lolz USA lost to south korea

And with Phelps: HE IS A BEAST! I am just a highschool varsity swimmer and the stuff phelps does insane. I hate how people say he is not the best olympian becaue the are more events in swimming but to winnig those events is the hard part. I'd like to see anyone who says that try to do what Phelps Does. Nuff said

Bull3t said:
Baseball was on today lolz USA lost to south korea

And with Phelps: HE IS A BEAST! I am just a highschool varsity swimmer and the stuff phelps does insane. I hate how people say he is not the best olympian becaue the are more events in swimming but to winnig those events is the hard part. I'd like to see anyone who says that try to do what Phelps Does. Nuff said
trust me if i could swim half his speed i'd be in the olympics

Define "normal" for caloric intake.

For a Third World Country, depending on which one, it's like 1k a day or less.

For America, it's like 2k per sitting on average (I made that up, but you get the point).

I mean, for me, normal is 4500 or so... fast metabolism and tennis ftw.

Also...

Fenix Chief said:
Here's some sports I'd like to see in the Olympics:

Dodgeball
Baseball
Chess
Yo Mama Fights :D
Football
Paintball
Airsoft
Slayer
Oddball
Capture the Flag
Assault (With Instant arming and Instant Exploding :lol: )
V.I.P.
Territories
King of the Hill

Were some of my Choices Halo Related? :lol:

Edit: Forgot Infection! How could I have been so stupid! :oops:

You forgot Grifball too! How could you have been so stupid! :oops:

:p lol

Bloodl3tt3r said:
Define "normal" for caloric intake.

For a Third World Country, depending on which one, it's like 1k a day or less.

For America, it's like 2k per sitting on average (I made that up, but you get the point).

I mean, for me, normal is 4500 or so... fast metabolism and tennis ftw.
Also...
You forgot Grifball too! How could you have been so stupid! :oops:

:p lol
yeah i just noticed that

I respect Michael Phelps for how good he is, but i have more respect for Misty May-Treanor and Kerri Walsh because Phelps could win at least one gold medal every day he swims, but Misty and Kerri play and win game after game with no reward except being one step closer the one gold medal possible to win. But thats just my opinion. Hate me if you want.

Widman2013 said:
I respect Michael Phelps for how good he is, but i have more respect for Misty May-Treanor and Kerri Walsh because Phelps could win at least one gold medal every day he swims, but Misty and Kerri play and win game after game with no reward except being one step closer the one gold medal possible to win. But thats just my opinion. Hate me if you want.

Agreed; it's the athletes who go and go and go despite the constant losses and adversities. I like to root for the guys who train really hard and don't win=]

And I'm not too sure about the calorie thing....the olympic mens team for Canada was eating 5-6k a day from what i understand, although that could have been 4-5k in a meal......i dont know. The parents at my club had to feed them (I row with them! OMG!) so we were told how hungry they are.

As of tonight, Michael Phelps has not only won a gold in, but set a world record in, every singles race, but one, he has had. He was also named the greatest Olympian in history May-Treanor and Walsh advance further in Womens Beach Volleyball. I gotta give Phelps credit for coming back in the Mens 100 Fly tonight and winning by .01 of a second.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back