Orbital Drop Shock Trooper

Status
Not open for further replies.
the helmet is cured I'm sad because the left side of the helmet look a lot more flat than the right side.. anyways. now i'll fiberglass the inside.

543429_10200235208545818_1139677351_n.jpg

Good job - you'll be able to get rid of the warp with some filling and sanding ;) I had warp in the peak of my MKVI helm but I stuck with it and got rid of it.

Do you think there's any chance it would warp a little less with maybe a lighter coat of resin, and then letting that light coat harden, and slowly build it up maybe.. ?

Not exactly sure if that would work, I know very little on these topics other than what I've gathered from a distance. I'm still what I describe as a 405th Stalker of sorts ;) Lol, I just go around the forum learning bit's and piece's then read through comment's figuring out what problems they had where. I've made 3 Pepakura object's but haven't resined any yet, I'm currently finishing my Pepakura ODST Helmet (2nd, this one using Hot Glue, Tape sucks!) before I'll be posting my first thread.

It's refreshing inspiration to see another ODST on the way though, however agitating to see that you posted this thread after I had already cut out all of my piece's, and are already onto resin before I've finished Pep. Lol, one of us has a procrastination problem.. I wont point any fingers.. :cool<-

i managed to fix the warping since the resin wasn;t fully cured. and I just fiberglassed the inside so later i can start bondoing the outside :D i can't wait for the bondo part, i just love sanding :p

Can anyone post up some pictures of how the helmet should look like from the from, left, right and back side? I'll save these images on my cellphone so I can use them as references so I know where I should and shouldn't put bondo

not much of an update, but i'm still trying to fix the mess of bondo i made, trying to remove it all and give it a very light and thin coat of bondo everywhere.. sand it smooth and paint it black

btw thanks for the pictures!

using the pictures Spartan 213 posted I traced a line with a pencil and cutted the visor area with a dremel... here's how it's looking so far... I don't expect any of you to be impressed because all I did was ruin the helmet's dome, cheeks and chin area with a lot of bondo... I'm not impressed, I'm just about to throw away this bucket and cancel the whole project... Yup, I'm extremely frustrated, every time i look at the helmet I just don't know how I could possibly fix it

537917_10200248229311329_1064176157_n.jpg

using the pictures Spartan 213 posted I traced a line with a pencil and cutted the visor area with a dremel... here's how it's looking so far... I don't expect any of you to be impressed because all I did was ruin the helmet's dome, cheeks and chin area with a lot of bondo... I'm not impressed, I'm just about to throw away this bucket and cancel the whole project... Yup, I'm extremely frustrated, every time i look at the helmet I just don't know how I could possibly fix it

Don't give up! My build has had its ups & downs - I'll be starting a 3rd helmet later this week, so I feel your pain about not getting it right the first time. It can be very discouraging having to start over, but chalk up the shortcomings to experience. I bondo'd my v1.0 over the weekend...and it really sunk in how much work a suit of armor really is...it's cut/glue/resin/fiberglass/sand/sand some more/bondo some more...on and on, for each piece. Take a step back and then dive back in again :) good luck!

Ya don't give up, as you build your suit your skills will increase. And if your not happy with the bucket you can rebuild it later. Don't stress over it, this is suppose to be a fun hobby not a job.

Gloves finally arrived, they look pretty nice! I will start making the armor pieces tomorrow and remake another helmet once i've done all the armor parts...

65840_10200261326838759_177287500_n.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back