Orbital Drop Shock Trooper

Status
Not open for further replies.
I always try to find one measurement or the longest piece in a pep file, and put the scale #'s (W,h,d) on the paper in a corner. That is so I know how big they are, and maybe you just need to find that middle #. I suggest measuring the open "O" at the bottom of your helm, where you put your head in, measure two points of the "o" on each of your helms, and make sure you find the middle distance, or appropriate distance, of your helms. then in pep, measure that using the "measure two points" feature in Pepakura.

hope this this helps...

I love having another helljumper around!

As for the helmet, I mean no offense, but your pep work isn't very clean. Take your time, be careful, and one thing that I've found makes a really good pep is to not fold every single line, only the really sharp bends. Leave the smooth curves creaseless.

Gotta agree with GMaster here, go slow bro. Go slow.

im happy, so far, so goooooooooood!

312308_10200211674797489_219993076_n.jpg

If you look at my helmet I left those alone. I plan on working those details in to the helmet later on since the edges are so close together. Just remember measure twice, print once.

Here is how I checked Kirrou's helmet for myself. Luckily even with my big head I didn't have to rescale the helmet. The edges barely catch my ears, but it's something I can work out later.
pepakura1_zpsa06d3453.png

i think im done wit the helmet.. now, i wanna tackle the gauntlets or some reason i can't explain lol

184431_10200218378485077_323970582_n.jpg

it's not a clean build, i admit it, but I'm hoping that bondo will solve that problem..

I admire your perseverance with this project. But something to think about maybe, is that a little more time and patients during the pep phase will save you tons time and difficulties during your bondo/shaping phase of your project. If you decide to go to the next step with this helm, I suggest using braces where they're needed to help with the warping. Once its resined it will be much more difficult to change its shape. Good luck.

I admire your perseverance with this project. But something to think about maybe, is that a little more time and patients during the pep phase will save you tons time and difficulties during your bondo/shaping phase of your project.
I agree with Skil on this. I know I am not that great with Pepin 9, but I always start out with one of the unimportant parts to be Sure my skills are honed to however sharp they can be. keep on trying. I am going to keep an eye on your. Never ever rush My first build got botched up because Panicked and rushed.

I've got a bit of a problem when printing the left forearm.. everytime i hit print, it prints out without the edge ID, eventhough i clicked it, so it's supposed to be there, but when printed it's not... anyone has ever experienced this before?

-snip- nvm

I would suggest trying the blue pen/ red pen tactic if not the xacto knife tactic. It will make your folds much cleaner. you can see the difference betwee nmy first vuilds and my current ones and how clean they are, partially from experience but also due to change in glue and folding.

You seem to be having the same problem I had with superglue, I had to almost soak the tabs before they would stick together. That's when I switched to white glue. Like the others I would suggest starting with some of the smaller parts and come back to the helm later. If you try to bondo that helm your going to end up using alot of product and spending a ton of time and money.

I have had this issue before. I do not he member how to fixit. try A rest art or your computer. That may help. I have had pages Print fine and some have no lines or numbers.

I agree with blue fox the red and blue pen method makes it much easier and for the tabs I'm not sure what it is maybe the model is corrupted and i've had the same trouble once are you using designer or viewer

I tried restarting my computer but it did not helped... maybe I need to find a different model of the ODST forearm. I'll lurk around to see if I can find anything OR if any of you have an idea of where I can find the Rookie's forearms, that'd be lovely :)

http://www.4shared.com/folder/DWbPm8...2_Edition.html
Try that link and download the 405th zip. It includes all Halo and ODST pepakura files that the admins had available. To include Kirrou's and Hugh's own folders.

I don't know what I'm doing wrong, but that link doesn't work either, it says (in spanish for some reason) "El enlace del archivo que has solicitado no es válido." which means the link "The file link that you requested is invalid."

every piece I'm printing is printing out without the numers on the flaps... what am I doing wrong... ? I already clicked on "Show edge ID" but when it prints out, no numers show up... it's frustrating brothers :( I'm just about to quit this whole project if this problem keeps up hitting me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back