Orbital Drop Shock Trooper

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does it happen with anything you print out or just a certain model? And which pep are you using to print designer or viewer?

The best advice I can give is build on. You don't really need the edge id numbers to build this stuff. It does help but it can also be a huge pain in the butt. If you have all the parts and the fold lines are all there I say build it, keep pep viewer open to show you which part attaches to which and pep with out the edge id. To be honest most times the edge id is off just a touch, as long as the fold lines line up your good to go.

Hey, getting ready for work I had a thought. Did you check the size of the edge ID. Mine is set to 3 or 4 mm but if yous is at 0 for that model it will print nothing even with the edge id on. Go into pep designer, click settings in the tool bar, click other settings, then click other, font size for edge id is the 4th one down.

I've printed two different gauntlets and the numbers won't show up

And the size of the number is set to 6

The first page always prints with the numbers, but the rest don't

The first page always prints with the numbers, but the rest don't

I have a few suggestions. Try reinstalling designeror Print out one page at a time. IE. File-Print-Pages 1-1 then do pages 2-2 ect. and see if that works. You can also try re installing your printer drivers. As I said earlier I have has this problem before but I do not remember how I fixed it.

If you have the option, Print to PDF. I had the same issue and was able to get around it this way, with the bonus of having the correctly-sized file with pieces already laid out if you ever need to make another.

Here's the left forearm. It's cleaner and looks very nice (to me, at least). For the right gauntlet all I have to do is invert the pattern and that's all? or is there a pep or a right forearm?

24422_10200226156519523_2104065911_n.jpg

Yep to print the right just invert the pattern and make sure you have no overlapping peaces. That gantlet look good, keep up the good work and you'll be done before you know it.

I actually enjoyed building the forearm. It was easy and it looks good :) But i have a problem.. it's too big on me. the original scale is 290 mm so.. maybe.... 280mm would be good?

72555_10200226403405695_702492394_n.jpg

Well if you measure from the wrist to just past the elbow that should be the measurement you need. Check your reference pic and see where it starts and stops. Also don't forget your going to add padding to the inside after you fiberglass it.

can someone show me a list of the things i need to have so my armor is complete? I already have the helmet and left gauntlet checked ;)

Helmet
Gauntlets
shoulders
Biceps
Torso (Hugh's chest core is the best)
Chest assets (Hugh's is the most complete)
Butt plate
Cod plate
Hip plates
Thighs
Knee
Shins
boots
Buckles (the two just above the side chest plates that look like adjustable strap pieces)

That should cover it unless you want extras.

If you look at Hughs ref pics there are 6 of those buckles 2 on the front 2 on the back and 2 at the waist.

I'm confused with the forearms, my arm's length is 11 inches which is about 279.4mm, the original scale on the forearm is 280 - a tad bigger. I originally printed out the forearm pictured HERE and HERE which is 280mm. it's supposed to be big enough for my arm, but when i look at the rookie's forearm, his' goes from the wrist to the elbow and a little extra piece that stands out. Mine doesn't, and it's bigger than my arm. What should I change in the measurements so it's LONG and not wide leaving too much room on the inside. Height, Width, depth? I hope you all understand what I'm saying (English is not my first language)

I'm confused with the forearms, my arm's length is 11 inches which is about 279.4mm, the original scale on the forearm is 280 - a tad bigger. I originally printed out the forearm pictured HERE and HERE which is 280mm. it's supposed to be big enough for my arm, but when i look at the rookie's forearm, his' goes from the wrist to the elbow and a little extra piece that stands out. Mine doesn't, and it's bigger than my arm. What should I change in the measurements so it's LONG and not wide leaving too much room on the inside. Height, Width, depth? I hope you all understand what I'm saying (English is not my first language)

I may be wrong but I do not think there is much you can do. Pepakura designer is set up to scale the piece evenly, so if you change the width, it changes the height and depth accordingly. I would focus on the length if it were my build. Get the distance from the elbow to the wrist correct. You can always put padding on the inside to take up the extra space. Best of luck with what ever you do. :D

which option can change the length of the piece? and also, the shoulder on the left, is it symmetrical, can i print it twice, assemble it and use it for both shoulders or should i invert the pattern?

249908_10200171858882116_1476567461_n.jpg

The height measurement should change the length of the shoulder armor, if you talking about measuring down from the shoulder. Also, both shoulder models should be universal, so they can be used on either side.

-Matt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back