Paint Test

JediStumpy

This may be a noob question but who, what, where, how did you get a BlueR helm?

AND: I do like that color. It only "looks" gold because it is just the pic. (I like that "gold" idea though. I used it on mine.)

AoBfrost

I'm liking it, it may not look battle damaged since it is shiny, but you could make a "off the factory line" chief helmet. Looks super good.

CMANavy

Jr Member
It is a Green/gold paint of my own mix based off of the BSG Flight suit. IT is a very touchy color and it changes in its look depending on the light. There is only a little left that is not spoken for.

As for the finish it comes out matte, I have not yet even begun the working on the helmet I am just testing colors. And of course the finished product will be weatherd lightly.

As for where to get one, there was a run around thanksgiving and some people got them. They are out of production again.

Fovos

Jr Member
Guys there is so many posts about the right color, i know in the end everyone is going to paint with whatever feel like it. but i was trying to find the right green tone (im painting my sculpture) and seems everyone has a different opinion. colors have numbers and names, depend from their brand, does anyone knows the actual name of green or the serial number of a specific brand paint?
by the way that one looks good, i like the metallic finish. someone recently showed me a rendering of a damaged black/grey metallic paint it was really good actually, the armor had that exotic high tech look.

I think that colot looks good mabey you can try to add a flat camo tan to it would probly give you the desired scheme.
Either way i think its better to be unique with your color . And the mix youre using is awesome.

Can we get pics of the front of the helm?
Is it strong? can you stand on it without it breaking??

CMANavy

Jr Member
Deadandbroken said:
Can we get pics of the front of the helm?
Is it strong? can you stand on it without it breaking??
I have not painted the front. I will be sanding it all down and doing all the prep work before the final paint goes one. I also have to fit he visors, lights and helmet liner.

I highly doubt you could stand on it or any prop helmet. If you stood on any of my helmets I would have you shot!!

The paint is made by me, I just did a run of it and most of it is spoken for, I will see what I have left it is expensive to make.

Last edited by a moderator:

AoBfrost

Blue realm is a group/guy who makes accurate armor, not sure if they have a website or not, you can PM him on this forum though, his name is Blue Realm.