Paint Test

Status
Not open for further replies.

CMANavy

Jr Member
I have been experimenting with a paint color. Helmet is a Blue realm, what do you think?

IMG_1076.jpg

IMG_1067.jpg

IMG_1068.jpg

With flash:

IMG_1071.jpg

IMG_1073.jpg

This may be a noob question but who, what, where, how did you get a BlueR helm?

AND: I do like that color. It only "looks" gold because it is just the pic. (I like that "gold" idea though. I used it on mine.)

I'm liking it, it may not look battle damaged since it is shiny, but you could make a "off the factory line" chief helmet. Looks super good.

It is a Green/gold paint of my own mix based off of the BSG Flight suit. IT is a very touchy color and it changes in its look depending on the light. There is only a little left that is not spoken for.

As for the finish it comes out matte, I have not yet even begun the working on the helmet I am just testing colors. And of course the finished product will be weatherd lightly.

As for where to get one, there was a run around thanksgiving and some people got them. They are out of production again.

Guys there is so many posts about the right color, i know in the end everyone is going to paint with whatever feel like it. but i was trying to find the right green tone (im painting my sculpture) and seems everyone has a different opinion. colors have numbers and names, depend from their brand, does anyone knows the actual name of green or the serial number of a specific brand paint?
by the way that one looks good, i like the metallic finish. someone recently showed me a rendering of a damaged black/grey metallic paint it was really good actually, the armor had that exotic high tech look.

I think that colot looks good mabey you can try to add a flat camo tan to it would probly give you the desired scheme.
Either way i think its better to be unique with your color . And the mix youre using is awesome.

Can we get pics of the front of the helm?
Is it strong? can you stand on it without it breaking??

Deadandbroken said:
Can we get pics of the front of the helm?
Is it strong? can you stand on it without it breaking??

I have not painted the front. I will be sanding it all down and doing all the prep work before the final paint goes one. I also have to fit he visors, lights and helmet liner.

I highly doubt you could stand on it or any prop helmet. If you stood on any of my helmets I would have you shot!!

The paint is made by me, I just did a run of it and most of it is spoken for, I will see what I have left it is expensive to make.

Last edited by a moderator:
Blue realm is a group/guy who makes accurate armor, not sure if they have a website or not, you can PM him on this forum though, his name is Blue Realm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back