Paintball!

Status
Not open for further replies.
lionheart912 said:
just a word of advice, if you still have your 98: the reason for the ball "flying up" is because your shooting too hot. Back your gun down to around 260-270. The trick is to basically "tune" your gun untill you hit a sweet spot where there's minimal drop and maximum range. Hope that helps.

i do still have it but don't use as i use the x7 but i've lent it out. i'll have to play with it sometime, thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
the x7 is the same as the a-5, just has a different body and more body options (it looks better and is slightly lighter too)

I personally have 5+ years of experience, been playing since I was 9 years old 0_0

I use a PMR (my newest gun) though I have quit playing as of late, been too busy with school. My PMR is collecting dust, and I don't like that, it's like new as well, only been in a couple of games, and I got an entire barrel kit and all.

Gawd, maybe I will get out this weekend.

Pink Angel Speed 05
Halo hopper with V35 board
Fuku Guerrilla Air 48/3000

Been playing for 8-9 years now.

Sorry but I have to tell you to pick up airsoft instead...if there's a dedicated group near you, it's MUCH better than paintball. You can upgrade guns, actually HIT what you are aiming at, and the guns look much, much cooler. Also BBs are like 2,000 for about $12 whereas paintballs are something like $60 for 2,000. The guns (good ones, anyway) are generally more expensive than paintball, but they are much better, and battery powered (so you don't have to keep refiling air). Recently companies have been "cloning" high end guns and selling them for 1/2 to 1/3 the price at nearly the same quality, so it's getting much cheaper and easier to do than paintball.

With paintball I just got frustrated in not being able to hit what I was aiming at, and having the range of about the cheapest, worst airsoft gun you could find.

I used a flatiline on my tippmann 98c. I got my butt kicked. You can't shoot around anything. It's only for sniping.

stick with the standard straight barrel.

I must disagree with you kraken, I have played airsoft in the past as well, I like it, but I don't find it as fun as painball in some situations. Paintball is more tense, and people can't cheat. My local field is an indoor one, and I rented an m-16, the gun isn't exactly CQB friendly, and people spam shoot like crazy. IDK if out-door fields are any better, but so far, I find my paintball much more fun.

The fact that paintball isn't as accurate, simply means you have to have more SKILL and actually get up close and personal, and I love to do that. Not only that, but that gun just feels a lot more powerful, I actually get recoil that pushes my pmr back when I "walk the trigger", it's all about personal prefrence really. Paintball guns (high-end ones) have built in computer chips and sensors and such, airsoft doesn't (as far as I know) and paintball guns feel more high-tech.

I do love both, they are just different, airsoft is more of a mil-sim game, and I love mil-sim, but I also love close-quarters, and as far as close quarters goes, I like paintball-style close quarters better.

Also, what do you mean airsoft guns are more expencive? My PMR was 400 dollars, and it isn't even a full top-of the line gun, things like Angels and proto/dye guns go for over a thousand-several thousand each, and that isn't even including other things people buy, such as top-of the line hoppers, large, good, compressed air/nitro tanks, etc.

My local field (As well as on-line) had very good guns for less than 400, for 300 I could get a high-end electronic airsoft gun, metal and all, with a hop-up. For 300, you can get a tippman, which is like the AK-47 of the paintball industry.

homsar66 said:
then stay out of the smartparts and small talk sections :D
i try but it seems like there every where you cant avoid them

But it really odd when you go to a psp event it manly older guy and girls

The Kraken said:
You can upgrade guns, actually HIT what you are aiming at, and the guns look much, much cooler.

In paintball people actually get out when you hit them.

Spartan 051 said:
i try but it seems like there every where you cant avoid them

But it really odd when you go to a psp event it manly older guy and girls

Thats cause all the little kid's ions broke the day before

homsar66 said:
Thats cause all the little kid's ions broke the day before

I remember when that came out i hated it ever since but then again with the new rules that all you need to play paintball (13bps for psp)

I was glade when i went to psp Chicago i traded a old beat up timmy for a new mini (i low that little thing it works great)

I am into scenario games / woodsball. I have played in an abandoned bakery in the City of Chicago. Close combat and full auto is an awesome combo. Me and my bro were hiding/ waiting in a room while 5-6 guys came in after us. Very intense but hurts like hell getting shot in the head from 8 feet away. The guys coming in didnt fair well either.

[attachment=3205:IMGP9407.jpg]

Grande Cache alberta... paintballing in the mountains, in the forest the only the owner built tree forts etc...Soooooo much fun
I remember one time me and my friend went to his 11 yr old brothers piantball birthday party...I was the only one who had played before...It went from capture the flag to find the bastard who actually owned his own helmet...And then when they ambushed me in a clearing they literally surrounded me and fired...and missed LOL...I was sniping all of them the whole game...people got confused because they had green and black reantal helmets...mine was red and black...they switched up teams...nonetheless they still coudnt get me...Still brings joy to my heart when i remember hucking a paintball grenade into a "fort" filled with little kids...did i mention the parents were playing too...I stil outsmaretd them : ) good times

I don't see the point in scenario paintball games...just play airsoft if you want to be more "realistic."

As for the point of being able to hit things and skill, I am a decent player and still cant hit anything. Keeping the gun in the same position and shooting, the balls will go all over the place. Airsoft, they have a few inches of travel. Paintball is more like a few feet. Getting closer has more to do with range than accuracy. I have no problem with sneaking up on people to make a nice shot. Being close, aiming at them, and not being able to hit them, however, is a problem. As far as pricing goes, the standard airsoft gun (unupgraded, performs way better than any paintball marker could, and you have to admit it) is $250-400 depending on the model. The paintball markers I used (Tippmann 98/A5) were $220~ (I think) so a bit less expensive. I'm not willing to spend the money on a paintball marker to get it perform half as well as an unupgraded airsoft gun. Cheating is not really a problem with us. We have an honorable group of people, and really enforce rules. And CQB, well there is no getting around people trying to pretend they're in Counter Strike unless you keep the games exclusive to players you know are serious and honorable.

more to come later.

I played a paintball game recently that was AWESOME it was called 'Painmaster'

One player got 1 min to go hide, he had a 'flag' the rest of us waited.
all on all.

if you got hit once you got out.

the only way to win was to get the flag and the only way to get the flag was to force the person with the flag to quit from pain.
He could get shot as many times as he liked.

we got our mate about 30 times before he just gave up.

i lost coz i got hit, we didnt shoot each other till he gave up then we all turned on each other. it was MAD. there was about 3 of us pelting him in the head and chest and he was yelling I QUIT ARRR lol then as soon as he did i started shooting the others and someone got me too.

Spartan-K22 said:
'been playing paintball since I was 10 (5 years of exp.)

its been fun.

speedball is my favourite.

Anyone here have questions about
buying a gun?
I am your ultimate critic!
What about an Ion? My dad has a Bob long Intimidator Alias. It's sick!

I played awhile ago with a 98c it's so fun the ardrenaline shooting through your body, man it is so much fun. First time I played I forgot to take off the safety so I couldn't shoot because I didn't know how to unsafe it, I was so scared but then I got unsafed and I won my first one on one round against a seasoned player. Yeah!

I wanna show up to a paintball match with a full ODST suit and a paintball gun modified to look like a BR-55. Would certainly turn some heads :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back