Pepping Mark Six(Vi) Armor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dweezlemuffin

Hai guyz,

I thought since I haven't posted here yet, I thought I might should do that.

So I have the set of handplates and the set of boots pepped. I don't have pictures of them yet, but I'll certainly put some up if I can find a camera. I've been using the pepakura program on my dad's work computer, and I've completed a rather deformed helmet out of 65 pound cardstock. The left boot I believe, is made of 65 and most of the right boot is made of 65. I ran out after my dad printed something that overlapped, and we switched to 90 pound cardstock. I'm using the rest of the 90 for most of the rest of the suit, I guess. The handplates are made out of the 90.

I'm using this hot glue gratuitously to make sure none of this comes off. I think everything I've got so far is ready to be fiberglassed, excluding the helmet I pepped. I'm not sure how to proceed, but I know that I need a fancy mask in order to fiberglass the stuff.

Also, not sure which part of armor to pep next. I guess I'll just have to pick something.

Quick question: Should I assemble the armor and resin it and what not in smaller pieces? Like not slide on the forearms, but rather screw them on in two pieces? Would that work?

hey if you are doing hot glue id build the armor piece by piece then resin it im not sure on other card stock but the 110lb works great for me im not sure how the resin will work on them but id go for it and post pics cause some people will SAY PICS OR IT DIDNT HAPPEN and thats stuiped but yah hope it goes well for you man

i can say from personal experience that you are going to wanna resin after you pep but if there is still a little warp dont just trash it cause bondo helps smooth out dat stuff yo :D

Well, I've pepped two boots and two handplates so far, all cut with an X-acto knife and folded, then glued together with a small hot glue gun. I reinforce some of the places where I thought was necessary with the hot glue. So I just resin the outside of it after I'm done pepping it?

Dweezlemuffin said:
Well, I've pepped two boots and two handplates so far, all cut with an X-acto knife and folded, then glued together with a small hot glue gun. I reinforce some of the places where I thought was necessary with the hot glue. So I just resin the outside of it after I'm done pepping it?

sounds like you are on the right track, ya just resin the outside. so are you diong the hot-glue method for the inside, or are you going to fiberglass or rondo it? in your free time if you have not already you might want to read the all of the sticky forums just to get a good idea of everything out there. but sounds like you are doing it I can not wait to see what you are doing hope it is going good for you

Last edited by a moderator:
I been reading the stickies, and I guess I just can't figure out the difference between Fiberglass resin, the other kind of resin, and the bondo body filler stuff.

Then again, I'm not familiar with the materials. Maybe I should just buy something and see how it works.

Anyone got an answer to what happens immediately after I pep something?

Well, fiberglass resin is the really dangerous stuff that you coat your armor with to create a hard shell around it. Bondo resin is used for adding detail and making your armor more smooth looking. As far as I know those are the only resins.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back