PIC HEAVY. Awsome Custom Halo Reach Foam Armor. Getting Ready For Anime LA!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The entire effort is outstanding, Nick Nack. Not just the quality of the foam build, but the meathod of your painting, and attention to the details all add up to fantastic work. Seeing this, you've made me begin to reconsider my own pep efforts, excepting the helmet that I've already got almost done. Plus, foam would be much lighter than the fibreglass and resin composite...

I'm eagerly awaiting the results of the chain gun, as that has to be my favorite weapon of the entire Halo series.

ok, this might have been answered previously, but I have to ask:

"where do you get your foam for the chest pieces?

That's just ... awesome! I ... I... Woooow!!
Congratulations dude! During my break 'cause of my exams I missed so many things as your fabulous work :/ ...

This is amazing! It's when I see threads like this, I feel really enthusiastic about my build, and want to spend a straight 24 hours working. :D

Amazing work!! Can't wait to see the finished product! What is your painting technique in you last pics? Those look really good!

looks great!
mind sharing the foam templates (for the shoulder+shins)?

I used ForgedReclaimer files for the Shin, Thigh, and the biceps. His files are great. This is his thread http://www.405th.com/showthread.php/31200-Forged-Pepakura-Files

Drool. Is a heat knife necessary or can I get clean cuts using a knife and scissors?

Its not necessary. A nicely sharpen x acto knife blade will work just as well. I made the whole chest with out a hot knife. But a hot knife is always good to have for foam builds

I might have missed it earlier in the thread, but are you using 3/8" thick mini-cell foam?

I have 1/2in and 1/4

I am so curios as to what you use to make your cuts! How is it so clean???

I dont think I do anything out of the ordinary for cutting. I use a hot knife

Amazing work as always! Looking forward to seeing your work and meeting you at SDCC11.

Im always happy to meet new friends. Ill be there friday and saturday

ok, this might have been answered previously, but I have to ask:

"where do you get your foam for the chest pieces?

http://www.foambymail.com/Minicel.html

just like everybody else, I love your work :p One thing I really want to know is how did you learn how to paint so well?

I made this vacuum table at the beginning of the year. I never used it, I hope it works lol. Thats the idea for the visor.

168210_10150094348564441_511249440_5761769_248263_n.jpg

I love it. Why spend a crap ton of money on a prebuilt vacform machine when you can build your own? I really am looking forward to how this turns out.

A lot of you guy want to know how I paint the way I do. Well this is how I start off.

When I first made the chest I was too lazy to pull off the hot glue strings. I had the idea to melt the strings with my heat gun. By accident I found out that the heat bonds the cells of the foam together kinda glazing it. That mixed with the plastic dip creates a better surface painting. The colors pops out more.

That and this video right here, helps a lot.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is probably one of the most bad -blam!- builds I have seen in a while! Nice job with the foam! I really need to start using this stuff!

You never cease to amaze. Are those Rhinocs gauntlets that you added a few of your own details or did you scratch build them?

just awesome man, fantastic job, keep up the fantastic work and really can't wait to see some more progress =D

WOW!

I just read this whole thread, I wish I was even half as good as this! I will definitely be using foam for my build when I get the money up for it. Your work is so amazing, I just can't believe it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back