Pipninja's custom noble VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, when you do the unfold yourself, you can get rid of all the unnecessary bits that may or may not be needed to get a cleaner build. Great job pipninja!!!

I got one of my forarms done today. I spent quite some time finnishing it, so I didn't have time to do the second one. I decided to seal the seams with hot glue, because it's a meathod ive never tired before. But I don't really like it, and the process is a pain, so on the next set of armor pieces, I am going to try something else. On the bright side I made a cool plasma burn. Also took the oportunity to make some baytle damaged areas.
IMG_20180811_190524.jpg
IMG_20180811_190531.jpg
IMG_20180811_190515.jpg
IMG_20180811_191151.jpg
IMG_20180811_191155.jpg
IMG_20180811_191208.jpg

IMG_20180811_190524.jpg

The battle damage looks awesome. With the hot glue it adds the effect of the armour melting from a plasma burn.
To fill seams you are better off using a caulk that can be sanded down and painted over, DAP Kwik Seal (used by EvilTed) or if you can find it, foam filler.

The battle damage looks awesome. With the hot glue it adds the effect of the armour melting from a plasma burn.
To fill seams you are better off using a caulk that can be sanded down and painted over, DAP Kwik Seal (used by EvilTed) or if you can find it, foam filler.
Thanks for the tip, I'm going to try that next time :D

Well I was able to fix just a little bit of my crimes. The unevenness of this front edge seams was bothering me, so I decided to fix that before moving on. They have a gap again, but I plan to fill that later with a different material. Only one way to learn lol
IMG_20180818_050541.jpg

Finally finished these forearms! They've been weighing me down on progress. You can see one is already weathered and chipped a bit while the other is still nice and clean. I'm going to leave that for now and just work on basic construction.
IMG_20180818_073557.jpg

Well it's been a long day and I got some things done. Started with cutting out some new patterns
IMG_20180818_111105.jpg

And clean cuts are always so satisfying
IMG_20180818_094123_1.jpg

Once I had the foam cut out, I taped together the patterns to see my angles I had everything at
IMG_20180818_105317.jpg

IMG_20180818_165312.jpg

And once I put everything together, I reinforced the back of the peices to hold the middle together.
IMG_20180818_204054.jpg

And finally this is what I ended the day with
IMG_20180818_210825.jpg

IMG_20180818_210828.jpg

IMG_20180818_210858.jpg

So I've actually started my day off in the computer. I decided I wanted to do some things. First I plan to remake the chest, and I resized the helmet, and plan to remake that too. I scaled it to fit my head better, and to also look more proportional than my last one. also I have a wild idea how to improve vision from the helmet. be able to see a little from my right eye as well. And finally, I decided to change a piece, or technically add one?

here is the new helmet size
new size.PNG

And here is the change
IMG_20180819_055604.jpg

Also does anyone know someone who makes or can make the knife? if I made it of foam, it wouldn't slide too well from the sheath, and I don't have a 3D printer lol.

Also does anyone know someone who makes or can make the knife? if I made it of foam, it wouldn't slide too well from the sheath, and I don't have a 3D printer lol.
Making a knife and sheath from foam slides out pretty good. When making the sheath just make sure it's not too snug. Even then you would have to just sand down the knife slightly (for best results use a belt sander). The only downside is it's thicker than a 3d printed blade.

Great shoulders! Regarding the knife sliding smoothly, maybe try cover the interior of the sheath in something like a cereal packet card - the smooth (printed) side toward the knife. It should reduce friction.

Pro tip, if you got a seam that just doesn't want to hold it's shape while gluing, a straight pin will hold it in place
IMG_20180824_212734.jpg
IMG_20180824_212738.jpg

Well sometimes you have to learn the hard way. One oversized bisep later, I've lost a day .at least on the bright side I was able to rip the Odst shoulder off cleanly, so that looks good still. I'm happy with their sizing, I think. So I'mma try again tomorrow maybe
IMG_20180824_225232.jpg

Yep, I'm probably going to change the size of the shoulders -_- and maybe other parts too? Well at least I learned some things, but I have my work cut out for me. I'm done for tonight tho

Solid tip on using the straight pin. I tried a foam build, but I could never get my seams to hold or look good, so I scrapped it. If I try again, I'll definitely use that.

Well some good news and bad. Bad news, I've resized every single piece of armor, and I am effectively restarting this project. Good news, I've learned a lot and the second round will look better. I think it's time to just sit down and play some video games. I'm thinking Halo reach campaign. Legendary.

Sucks that you have to start over. It's good that you are not being discouraged by the setback. Play some Reach. Use it to settle yourself and then have at it.
Would like to see some caparison shots of version 1 and 2.

Sucks that you have to start over. It's good that you are not being discouraged by the setback. Play some Reach. Use it to settle yourself and then have at it.
Would like to see some caparison shots of version 1 and 2.
It might be a minute until that comparison. I am going to take a break from the arms, and move to the legs instead lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back