Pipninja's custom noble VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aaaaand now my armor file was corrupted. I tried to import the pep version of the forearm and it didn't like it. Now I'm really starting at square one. Only this time with more knowledge. And also, I am going to start the arms again, I changed my mind. Let's see how long it takes us to catch up

Well that was an unexpected blessing in disguise. I like the scaling a lot better now
new sizing.PNG

Got some mail, a black peephole this time, and also some Eva foam dowels from TNT cosplay supply. These will come in handy. As well as some elastic straps, and hot glue. Also have some more things on the way. A different glue gun, some undersuit stuff, some of which PerniciousDuke will recognize. But I'll save that for when they come in. And also, as a last note, I got something you might not expect I would need. Gonna try something, and we will see if it works or not. This weekend I am going to start work on the helmet.
IMG_20180829_160024.jpg
IMG_20180829_155931.jpg

Ohh and as a bonus, got a pretty awesome shirt, I expect someone to recognize where it is from
IMG_20180828_105252.jpg

I was called out for Nylon webbing?? Lol

Scaling looks good... though maybe a bit too tight. Did you account for the thickness of foam? I'd hate for you to hulk out of your Spartan suit although it would be pretty fun to see.

I was called out for Nylon webbing?? Lol

Scaling looks good... though maybe a bit too tight. Did you account for the thickness of foam? I'd hate for you to hulk out of your Spartan suit although it would be pretty fun to see.

Not the nylon, something cooler than that, but it won't be here for a hot minute.

Not the nylon, something cooler than that, but it won't be here for a hot minute.
:lol: ok

Those foam tubes are pretty cool.

Remind me again why you're working on a helmet? I thought you already finished it, the one in your profile picture..

Fun side project tonight, I made a knife. And I used medical tape for the handle wrap, turned out awesome.
IMG_20180829_221144.jpg
IMG_20180829_221246.jpg
IMG_20180829_221252.jpg

And it's supported in the blade with a spoon, and actually, I used a long hot glue stick to support the handle. It's running as a dowel imserted from the base of the blade all the way through the handle. It worked cause it could curve with the handle, so it's pretty sturdy.
IMG_20180829_221257.jpg

So I'mma discuss some of my future plans coming up, just to stay organized.

The knife:
- I plan to do a custom paint on it. I'm going to remove the tape when I go to paint and seal it. The hilt and base foam peices are going to be orange, with the white wrap readded after that is painted. I am also thinking of making the blade a gloss black, with the silver scratches on the cut outs in the blade.

The helmet:
- so I plan to add extra visibility to the helmet, the area right under the face plate is black, and has a convient place to make it into a small black visor, which I plan to do. Also going to add a black spy hole next to the eye in that little rectangle area. And on the back of the helmet, I plan to have the bottom plate that curves in be removable with magnets, so I can put on the helmet, and have it fit well without having to not include parts or have it way to big. And then seal it all back up.

Chestplate material:
- I ordered a camo netting for the bottom bit which I am going to cut into a pattern, and in the thicker material on top, I am going to cut up a sweatshirt with hoddie to have a lot of extra material to lay there.

Props:
- other than the knife, I plan to have a Dmr, with a custom paint, and a drop shield armor ability, because they are the two things that got me through the legendary campaign this past week I've been playing it.

The undersuit:
- For the upper body, I ordered the motorcycle jacket that@perniciousduke used in his build. (This is why I mentioned you the other day) and for the legs, I am thinking of using my jeans, with neoprene knee braces, and black boots which I already have, and a face hood thing which I don't remember the name of.

That is the plans for the more technical bits of my build. I'm really excited to get to these. Next thing I'm working on is the knife sheath, then the helmet.

Finnished the knife! And the sheath!

IMG_20180830_183246.jpg
IMG_20180830_183235.jpg

You also may notice I took off the wrap. This is so I can go and paint it later, and then wrap it, because I decided to keep the wrap white. When I made it, I intentionally left out the sides cause I knew I would wrap it, and I wanted the better shape, so here is all the garbage seams that I didn't care about. The best part of the wrap is hiding my crimes
IMG_20180830_162013.jpg
IMG_20180830_162009.jpg

IMG_20180830_162015.jpg

Also I tried some new techniques, I did some Dremel sanding on the top edges of the sheath, and I also carved out the inside, keeping it all one peice.
IMG_20180830_161853.jpg

Also one last thing I did to the blade, was put magnets under the thin foam to hold it in place in the sheath, to prevent it from falling out easily. Under the magnets shown are the other two, I'm embedded inside. On the sheath I also used the cardboard idea to reduce extra friction and also put the magnets behind it. Thanks Beemo8bit for the idea.
IMG_20180830_163701.jpg
IMG_20180830_164326.jpg

All together this was an interesting piece to build. It's the first time I've made something that wasn't exactly patterned, I had to make up some stuff and engineer it, and I carved some pieces too. All in all I really like this knife, and I am really surprised how well it turned out. I'm glad I decided to make it out of foam instead of buying one.

Got some patterns for the three day weekend. As you can see, they are not helmet patterns... I have a better idea
IMG_20180831_174002.jpg

Decided to separate these. I want more flexibility later, and I'm going to use elastic. I am now on light speed cause I want to be done for Halloween
IMG_20180902_233756.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back