Pipninja's custom noble VI

Dirtdives

RXO & Keeper of Con Lists
405th Regiment Officer
Community Staff
Hot glue! Nooo! Go with contact cement. Walmart has some for $4. It's WAY less globby, and seams are a quajillion times better.
I have to agree. I started with hot glue and later went to contact cement with hot glue on the inside seam and was much better.
 

pipninja

Active Member
Sean Anwalt and Dirtdives, yes I definitely know contact cement is better, but when I started this project, I was in a quite confined room that I didn't want to deal with any fumes. And since I started it this way, I wanted to finish it the same way for unneeded consistency. Next project I'll be switching :D
 

pipninja

Active Member
Also I am calling it for the night. I got the major structural pieces of the front chest plate in, as well as the buckles. They are more rigid with the buckles than trying to use magnets. And they can't pull apart. It unfortunately makes it harder to take off, which is why I'll have help when suiting up and taking it off. But it fits so we'll :D

So here is a picture dump for today.
IMG_20190117_201649.jpg

IMG_20190117_191329.jpg
IMG_20190117_201719.jpg
IMG_20190117_191040.jpg
IMG_20190117_191034.jpg
IMG_20190117_191207.jpg
IMG_20190117_195944.jpg

IMG_20190117_195848.jpg
 

Dirtdives

RXO & Keeper of Con Lists
405th Regiment Officer
Community Staff
Nice!!! Puzzle pieces to armor in a few hours!!! Get a pic of the back section.
 

pipninja

Active Member
And the chest plate construction is done.
I am making the Jun chest.
First off, I laid tape down on the chest, and roughly marked out some patterns while looking at the actual armor in reach.
IMG_20190127_105945.jpg


Then I cleaned them up

IMG_20190127_112918.jpg

IMG_20190127_124233.jpg


From there I started to layer in the pieces
IMG_20190127_120755.jpg


Here is all the basic foam work done
IMG_20190127_143729.jpg
IMG_20190127_143733.jpg
IMG_20190127_143748.jpg
IMG_20190127_143757.jpg


Also the pipe is attached via magnets to separate the front and back.
IMG_20190127_143739.jpg


From there I started to pattern out the soft stuff
IMG_20190127_144608.jpg


And here is the final chest piece all said and done
IMG_20190127_163154.jpg

IMG_20190127_163206.jpg


That's all for this weekend, next weekend I plan to work on the belt, and maybe start the helmet!
 

pipninja

Active Member
Here comes the new and improved gungnir.
And with the first picture is Spartan guitar case.
This helmet fits really well, and I really like the special features.
IMG_20190207_230302.jpg

IMG_20190207_230918.jpg
IMG_20190207_230929.jpg
IMG_20190207_221302.jpg
IMG_20190207_221306.jpg
IMG_20190207_221312.jpg


And now for the special features, first my improved visibility. I can see my feet, as well as through the peephole, giving me a fairly large field of view, and also a small window to see how close something is to my face. And the teeth looking things are just the flaps to glue the visor together.
IMG_20190207_221320.jpg


And the second special feature is magnetic access.
IMG_20190207_230216.jpg
IMG_20190207_230229.jpg


That's all for this update!
 

pipninja

Active Member
Aaaand I'm back, been kinda hectic lately, but I have some cool things happen.
First, I got a 3D printer. I'm still in the process of working out the kinks, been having some underextrusion problems that I think I've figured out.
267363


Next, I moved my setup into my empty living room, which is so much roomier. I got a new lamp and it's nice and bright in here!
267361


I got a new set of drawers for my ever expanding collection of tools and materials
267362


I am using my old broken chair to hold up my current parts in the corner too. I'm finding a use for everything!
267360


And finally, I got a full sized mirror so I can see myself and for pictures when suited up.
267359


Look forward to some progress soon!
 
Top