Props POLL : Which grenade next?

Which grenade next?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Unity

Hello all!

By now most of you have seen my plasma nades (halo 3)

chocolatemastercheifmold019.jpg

. Well I am ready to make a new nade , but im not sure which . SO Please vote on which you would like the most! I will make them in the order that they are voted on . The poll will close on january 1st . Thanks everyone!

Jacob

Attachments

• chocolatemastercheifmold019.jpg
    chocolatemastercheifmold019.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 117
I could! Ill have to gather referance pics of the emile canisters. Ill look at different ways I can make one .

You could just pep the Emile Greneade model on the Official pep thread, then use it as referance or harden it and use it for the mold.

I've always wondered what the canisters on Emile's chest are. I imagine that they are stun grenades, but I can't picture that particular SPARTAN wantintg to stun anything. I think they may be thermite or some other sort of incendiary.

I've always wondered what the canisters on Emile's chest are. I imagine that they are stun grenades, but I can't picture that particular SPARTAN wantintg to stun anything. I think they may be thermite or some other sort of incendiary.

Like in new alexandria after Kat dies. He lights one up to signal the falcon .

Like in new alexandria after Kat dies. He lights one up to signal the falcon .

that wasn't emile, it was jun :). anyway, those things on his chest are grenades for the grenade launcher. he uses a nade launcher when he was leaning out the back of the peli at the start of the pillar of autumn level, then drops it when he turns to speak to carter. the fired grenade (can be seen in theatre, or when you hold the trigger and wait for the grenade to stop moving) looks different because half of the grenade you see on his chest is the part that explodes and sends the rest of it out the barrel.

EDIT: one more thing, it is a peli jun signals :)

that wasn't emile, it was jun :). anyway, those things on his chest are grenades for the grenade launcher. he uses a nade launcher when he was leaning out the back of the peli at the start of the pillar of autumn level, then drops it when he turns to speak to carter. the fired grenade (can be seen in theatre, or when you hold the trigger and wait for the grenade to stop moving) looks different because half of the grenade you see on his chest is the part that explodes and sends the rest of it out the barrel.

EDIT: one more thing, it is a peli jun signals :)

Ah. Thank you for that correction. Well The grenade launcher round is in the lead right now. We'll see which one wins january 1st. remmber all of tehse grenades WILL be made eventualy , its just that whichever one that gets voted on the most will be made first

EDIT:

I am not sure they are . Here are some pics

The grenade launcher round-

grenadelauncherammo.png

and now the canisters/grenades on emiles belt

emilegrenade.jpg

Now, The tops of the objects on emiles belt are round. The tops of the grenade launcher round are slightly cylindrical an they taper down. Now If I could find a picture of one BEFORE its fired, then We shall see if thats what they truley are.

Attachments

• grenadelauncherammo.png
    grenadelauncherammo.png
    60 KB · Views: 135
  • emilegrenade.jpg
    emilegrenade.jpg
    1.7 KB · Views: 126
I meant the grenade strapped to his chest, those are the canisters, the other ones already have a pep model (Absurdly difficult)
i built it around a TP tube instead of tryin to straighten it. The ones on the belt are more like shells, or somethin.
But i have no idea what the big canisters are. but i think the shells on the belt go in the falcons nade launcher after lookin in thearte.

Ah. Thank you for that correction. Well The grenade launcher round is in the lead right now. We'll see which one wins january 1st. remmber all of tehse grenades WILL be made eventualy , its just that whichever one that gets voted on the most will be made first

EDIT:

I am not sure they are . Here are some pics

The grenade launcher round-

grenadelauncherammo.png

and now the canisters/grenades on emiles belt

emilegrenade.jpg

Now, The tops of the objects on emiles belt are round. The tops of the grenade launcher round are slightly cylindrical an they taper down. Now If I could find a picture of one BEFORE its fired, then We shall see if thats what they truley are.

ok, the first pic is a pic of the FIRED grenade, the second is one of an UNFIRED grenade, the top of the unfired grenades is like the propelant, or a rocket ship: when the space ship is on the ground, it has added parts to allow it to take off, but once it has taken off, it doesn't have them anymore because they have been used and dropped off, or in this case the spent propellant shell is ejected from the gun. hopeully i have explained better :)

EDIT: i would love to see frogas or emile nades:)

Attachments

• grenadelauncherammo.png
    grenadelauncherammo.png
    60 KB · Views: 116
  • emilegrenade.jpg
    emilegrenade.jpg
    1.7 KB · Views: 122
So by the looks of things, The emile grenade will be first. I will make the unfired one . Maybe a combo where the fired one sits inside of the shell . Voting ends January 1st 2011 at 12:01 am EST . Make sure to vote for your favorite!

Jacob

So by the looks of things, The emile grenade will be first. I will make the unfired one . Maybe a combo where the fired one sits inside of the shell . Voting ends January 1st 2011 at 12:01 am EST . Make sure to vote for your favorite!

Jacob

I've got the Emile 'nades made here ready for casting when I can get some casting gear, for scaling I found 60mm wide seemed closest to how they sit on the chest :)

Photo-1183.jpg

Also here's one of you plasma ones painted up!

Photo-1186.jpg

Attachments

• Photo-1186.jpg
    Photo-1186.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 117
  • Photo-1183.jpg
    Photo-1183.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 109
Awesome work so far. I would love to see the reach plasma. As for Emile's Grenade...I did that project and it is actually closer to the 40mm. Here is a blurb from Halopedia:

The M319 Individual Grenade Launcher, more formally known as the Individual Grenade Launcher, Caliber 40mm, M319, is a single-shot, break-action explosives launcher used by the United Nations Space Command, specifically the UNSC Army. Due to its simplicity, ruggedness, and firepower, it has been a mainstay weapon in the UNSC Army since its adoption in 2263, and has seen action in several armed conflicts during nearly three centuries of use, with the Human-Covenant War as the most prominent. It saw use during the Fall of Reach.

Ithica

Awesome work so far. I would love to see the reach plasma. As for Emile's Grenade...I did that project and it is actually closer to the 40mm. Here is a blurb from Halopedia:
Ithica

Hi Ithica, yes it's a 40mm grenade launcher, but if you build the grenade to the 40mm spec it actually doesn't look the same in comparison to the chest as the ones that are on Emile's belt / chest look. Scaling it to the scale the stats say it _should_ be doesn't make it look right unfortunately. At 40mm wide the nades are only 76mm long, at 60mm wide they are 114mm long and fit the scale of the outfit.

{EDITED}

pics maybe help explain better:

The nades on Emile's suit, one brought up to his hand to show comparative scale:

Emilenadezoom.jpg

So the nade is as long as his gloved hand is wide, here's a pic of my gloved hand holding the pepped nade, which is as long as my hand is wide.

Photo-1187.jpg

Using ForgedReclaimers model to get the length correct you have to have the width at 60mm, from what I can see Forgedreclaimer got the proportions of the nade correct it's just a case that the ones on the game model were exagerrated in width for more "GRR MANLY" effect.

Attachments

• Emilenadezoom.jpg
    Emilenadezoom.jpg
    12.4 KB · Views: 133
  • Photo-1187.jpg
    Photo-1187.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 111
There is a factor that you have to keep in mind and that is Spartans are 7+ ft. and we are not. Yes we size the armor to our sizes but there comes a time to scale and a time not to scale, to each his own. 40mm may not look right the hand vs belt but keep in mind that these are computer generated characters based on math not life.

Here is the 40mm:
nvpok4.jpg

2rn8y37.jpg

Ithica

P.S. I still think you are doing an excellent job. Please keep it up.

Attachments

• nvpok4.jpg
    nvpok4.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 109
  • 2rn8y37.jpg
    2rn8y37.jpg
    4.2 KB · Views: 113
There is a factor that you have to keep in mind and that is Spartans are 7+ ft. and we are not. Yes we size the armor to our sizes but there comes a time to scale and a time not to scale, to each his own. 40mm may not look right the hand vs belt but keep in mind that these are computer generated characters based on math not life.

I am keeping in mind that the spartans are 7 foot, my point was that to scale the grenade correctly for a suit made to fit myself at 6 foot rather than the spartans 7 foot the nade Forgedreclaimer's file scaled to 60mm wide keeps proportions relative to the suit scaled to fit yourself. I.e. to make the grenade look the same size on me proportion-wise it needs to be 60mm, again I think the sizes in game were likely largely exagerrated to make it look big and manly ;)

Just a quick side-note, have you seen my hi-def EVA helm Ithica? I thought it may be of interest to you :)

..the fired grenade (can be seen in theatre, or when you hold the trigger and wait for the grenade to stop moving) looks different because half of the grenade you see on his chest is the part that explodes and sends the rest of it out the barrel.
I think the discrepency between the unfired and fired look of Emile's ordnance can be attributed to a caselesss projectile. Meaning that the entire round of the grenade is encased in solid propellant probably something that requires an electrical charge to detonate, like C4. From what I've seen the tapered cylinder round is the part that actually leaves the muzzle, yet there is no case ejected upon reload when 'breaking' open the M319 IGL. But I could be wrong.

Ok everyone! I will begin work on a reach plasma nade once I get home . Now Matt and Ithica , seince you guys have finished ones, I want you guys to sell casts of them. you both have done AWSOMETASTIC work on these! Since you have made these , I dont want to impose and create , mold, and cast the same thing that you two have already done a awsome job on! However, I will make a fired version of this if anyone is interested!

Jacob

A quote from the halopedia about the plasma grenade

Diameter: 14.6 centimetres (5.7 in)
Weight: 907g (2 lbs)

So as Ithica says there is a time to scale and a time to not . SO - I am planing to use 3" wood balls (seen in the link) . the only way I can see That I can make the greanade is to carve into the wood ball . I may use some non-hardening oil clay for some details , But that interferes with molding later on . any suggestions?

http://cgi.ebay.com/One-3-Birch-har...822?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item483e56a03e

Here you go folks! The FIRST EVER HALO REACH PLASMA GRENADE here for your enjoyment!

[video]http://s1179.photobucket.com/albums/x394/Jacob_Betts/?action=view¤t=Floridatrip3204.mp4[/video]

th_Floridatrip3204.jpg

Tell me what you think!

Jacob

Attachments

• th_Floridatrip3204.jpg
    th_Floridatrip3204.jpg
    5.4 KB · Views: 114
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back