Pooper's High Detailed Mvi Armor

Status
Not open for further replies.
^really i was using cloth forever and then i tried mat and found it way easier and cleaner even though it doesnt appear so. anyway nice work pooper glad it didnt warp on you

box o crayons said:
^really i was using cloth forever and then i tried mat and found it way easier and cleaner even though it doesnt appear so. anyway nice work pooper glad it didnt warp on you
To each his own I guess!

I'm a cloth man myself as mat has only caused me headaches in previous projects. Either way, pooper did an amazing job glassing his!

Last edited by a moderator:
I used matte the first well guess it was the only time and it was a horrible mess. Most of it came apart stuck to my gloves the brush seemed like everything but the helmet, Was a disaster. I bought some cloth to try this time but havn't had any luck at all when it comes to completing somthing. I've done three helmets, one was on my basement floor and the basement flooded, the next I messed up with fiberglass and the third got crushed lol. I'm usually not a very motivated guy but seeing all these great builds keeps motivating me to start new ones. This time its poopers which is looking awsome and can't wait to see the updated pics.

Lol i have to say this but....

Fiberglass Cloth FTW!!!!

EDIT: I want to know how your torso build is coming along.

Again, thanks for the comments guys!

As promised, here's the painted pics. I must apologize for the poor quality again. But thankfully, my girlfriend is going to let me borrow her's for the entire project. Hopefully it'll show the quality of the armor alot better.

Okay, here's the helmet primered, and sanded again to be extra smooth.
DCFC0007.jpg

DCFC0008.jpg

And now painted with oragano green paint
DCFC0010.jpg

DCFC0022.jpg

DCFC0025.jpg

DCFC0027-1.jpg

That's it! I bought some other paints today to detail the helmet and such. I'm going to use Krylon Italian Olive to help with highlights, etc., black wash it with dark primer and acrylic paint. Then the silver weathering. Maybe a few days again before another update since I wait a full 24 hours to let the paints dry between each section.

Hope you all like! :)

Aww Man I don't wanna wait 24hrs for each coat to dry :mad: lol with all jokingness aside tht's one supurb helm your maing, Can only imagine how it'll look when you get the detailing done :not worthy:

centerside said:
OMG that's so awesome, awesome, awsome.....!!! epic work Pooper hehe :D

Shade said:

:) Thanks guys!

SoullessSin said:
Lol I'm still standing by that your helmet looks way better than mine.

well, if you say so... but your helmet is still awesome! :D

Glennz said:
Thats smooth :)

Thanks Glennz... it better be smooth after all the hours I put into it sanding it ya know? :p

Wrathchild said:
Aww Man I don't wanna wait 24hrs for each coat to dry :mad: lol with all jokingness aside tht's one supurb helm your maing, Can only imagine how it'll look when you get the detailing done :not worthy:

Thanks Wrath! Yeah, it sucks having to wait long periods of time for the paint to fully dry because I just want to keep adding detail after detail. And yeah, I hope it'll look awesome after the detailing!

Brilliant idea using the cardboard instead of building up the details in bondo. The crisp edges look fantastic.

Can't wait to see where you go from here!

Can you say reference? I mean, your work is amazing and since I'm starting my new suit including helmet today, well first suit... 4th helmet, I know where to go when I need a few pics of awesomeness and beyond that to gaze, and drool, upon for reference. But really, great work, I'll be suprized if mine turn out half as good.

Ugh.... so...... beautiful.......

Seriously, I just finished resining and how anyone overcomes warping and achieves such smoothness is completely beyond me. I saw your other suit and that was great, but this looks like it's going to be fantastic!

RedTogusa said:
You sir got teh madazz skillz. One of the best helms I've seen in a while.

Thanks Red! :D Just wait till you see it finished... it's going to be great!

DerKraken said:
Brilliant idea using the cardboard instead of building up the details in bondo. The crisp edges look fantastic.

Can't wait to see where you go from here!

Thanks DerKraken! I just work better with CB than bondo, so that was a no brainer for me.

SoullessSin said:
Lol I may have to post up my newly re done helmet now.

Lol! Can't wait to see it! Your last one is great, and I'm sure your new one is going to be too!

jareyes said:
Ugh.... so...... beautiful.......

Seriously, I just finished resining and how anyone overcomes warping and achieves such smoothness is completely beyond me. I saw your other suit and that was great, but this looks like it's going to be fantastic!

Thanks Jareyes! :)

Just got through black washing and adding some details to the helmet last night. Will post pics soon! :)

wow man this gives me some ideas for my rebuild , thanx for inspiration . i like how it looks like a hybrid of the halo 3/2 helmet ,surely this is a custom job, props pooper

You know what I've always wondered, Is why do people go for the master chief look?
Why do you do it Pooper?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back