POST QUESTIONS IN HERE

Status
Not open for further replies.
imMonkeyGOD said:
Alright. Did you scale it?
If you did what scale number did you use and what is your height (to see if you did it right)
If it's that big, I dont think padding will work, I'd think padding in these helmets are to add comfort.

im not sure about the scaling. i m ade mine in one of the tutorials but it didnt say anything about it. o yea im 5'4

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you for the help.
So I fiberglass the inside and then sand the outside untill the fiberglass shows then paint it. Also if I wear the mask and is fiberglass then resin, wouldn't that be uncomfortable. If it is how can I fix that.

i need help finding a face visor. i saw the hjc visors, but i dont have the budgit to spend 60$ on them, and cut one of them up. is there a website with like plastic cheap ones that are like realy cheap?

Another question:

What if you just resin and fiberglass it and not sand it? Can you just paint it like that?

sorry to double post but if you are adding layers of fiberglass do you you resin each layer or jut put layers on top of each other than resin them? Sorry with all the questions but I want to get this right.

Where could I find a cheap underarmor (Nothing expensive or buy some black casual clothes **** :p) and padding, web straps or any kind of straps? Any retail store I can find it in?

Im in the process of creating my Pepkura Helmet for the MarkVI Spartan Armor. Im right in the middle of gluing and i ant to double check somthing. right now i have most of it one i just have to put the front visor area and the upper and lower lips plus a few more pieces up front. But the helmet seems kind of squished into the center. Did i misglue or when i put the paper visor pieces and the rest of the front will it even out?

Okay, if you want to PM me the answer great but im having a few troubles with pep, first the ODST files, i cant get them open or to work. i download them and then it says that pepekura cant open this file or something. the other, i printed of a marine helmet H2, great right, NO! it was about 6 inches long scaled up! Is there anyone with the full size file or know how to fix it.

ok so apperantly i messed up big time, i already but together my whole pepakura helmet, resined it and fiberglasses the inside, only to find out that i forgot to scale it to my head, is there any hope that this could still fit me?

would adding internal padding make it fit right?

i would really prefer not to go out and buy all the materials again and start over, i have already put quite some time into it.

any suggestions?

oh, by the way, i am 5'11" average size and i wear a size 59.6cm hat.

dooditsaustin said:
ok so apperantly i messed up big time, i already but together my whole pepakura helmet, resined it and fiberglasses the inside, only to find out that i forgot to scale it to my head, is there any hope that this could still fit me?

would adding internal padding make it fit right?

i would really prefer not to go out and buy all the materials again and start over, i have already put quite some time into it.

any suggestions?

oh, by the way, i am 5'11" average size and i wear a size 59.6cm hat.

Umm... well the scale it is set to is mainly for a 7' tall spartan which might mean that it is going to be huge on you, I know it would on me cause I am only 5'6" and it might mean you would have to start over but I could be wrong, it mainly depeneds on how it fits you, unless you're very good at cutting it to have it keep its shape.

I need to know if the scaling for Flying_Squirrels Helmet is the same as the scaling used for the other ones. I want to use flying_squirells for the detail but am unsure if the scaling formula is the same. Can someone please help me?

Thanks a ton

-The J-Man

Not sure if this is answered elsewhere, but if Pepakura is essentially paper, would the costume be weak and bend easily? How strong would it hold together? Like say, if I sat down, would it flatten out? (And if you happen to know the answers to these questions for cardboard, can you answer them too?)

Thank you.

tonsofhoopla said:
I need to know if the scaling for Flying_Squirrels Helmet is the same as the scaling used for the other ones. I want to use flying_squirells for the detail but am unsure if the scaling formula is the same. Can someone please help me?

Thanks a ton

-The J-Man

FS' helm has an assembled height of 27cm, according to the scaling thread that is slightly larger than I need at a height of 5'8. But with the padding I figured that in the end it would not be that much larger than I need in the end. Once I got around to assembling it and comparing what I have to my scout trooper helm (Don Post Helm) I notice that 27cm is a good size after all. So in summation do as the sticky says and add a bit to your height, maybe even a little more than the sticky says.

CrAzY CH13F said:
is anyone willing to design and ODST helmet from halo 3 for pepakura? (sorry if this is in the wrong topic)
check slyfo's thread. im prity sure he has it. if not its coming soon.

supertaco said:
does a glue stick work ok.

i think the resin might dissolve it. i wouldnt risk it, you dont want your model falling appart infront of you.... literly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back