PROJECT: Hayabusa

Status
Not open for further replies.

HaloGoddess

You read that right! :D

I am going 'busa..................again. XD

A few of you may remember the Hayabusa suit I started almost 2 years and totally got placed on the back burner. :(

Now with the introduction of foam, I have decided to build my hayabusa suit out of foam. :) The MK VI files are proving to be a little tricky for me with the foam. The Reach files seemed a bit easier because of how basic the shapes were.

The piece I seem to be having the MOST problems with are the shins. :( I've WASTED foam for 2 shins that did not fit and there was NO way I was going to be able to get them on without them ripping. I'm working on a 3rd now. I'm hoping the old saying: "third times a charm" holds true in this case! XD

I have no pics yet, but will have some posted soon.

=======================================

I plan on having this finished before the release of Halo 4 since after my appearance at gamestop while dressed as Kat for the Halo CEA midnight release went over so well, the employees want me back for Halo 4 so that means I need a new suit! :D

>> Monday, Jan. 9th 2012 - Posted pictures of nearly completed shin.
>> Friday, Jan. 20th 2012 - Posted progress pictures of belt. (Pg.2)

//END TRANSMISSION//

Last edited by a moderator:
Awesome! I remember the hayabusa build you did 2 years ago, the pep work turned out great back then, so i wish you the best of luck that the foam will do the same!

I remember following your Hayabusa build back then. I thought your work was great and as bummed when it was scrapped. I can't wait to see this one take off!

Okay, here we go! PICTURES!!! :D

Here you can see my THREE attempts at making the shin. The top left one is the shin that was modified for females. It didn't seem to work too well on my leg with the foam because of how narrow it is. The top right was sized a bit too small. The bottom one is the one that fit perfectly and all I did was make it an inch bigger than the 2nd! XD
307n8lh.jpg

Here I got the majority of the parts finished. Now just need to attach everything!
21mi7vp.jpg

Here is a better view of the back of the shin BEFORE I had the back, middle section put on.
1f8izc.jpg

It's getting there! :D
34xrqzn.jpg

ALL DONE!!!! :D

Side view:
v42rfa.jpg

Front view:
2nq5lyb.jpg

Still have some finishing touches to add to the shin piece and glue an area on the front, but other than that, it's all done!! It seems to fit perfectly too! :D I gotta say, the MKVI pieces seem to be more awkward with the foam because of the shapes. I tried to make it as easy as possible when making my templates. The shin was a pain in the butt! I'm afraid for how I am going to do the forearm. XD

Thanks for all the comments guys. :)

After having made my Kat out of foam already, I now have a better understand as to the "do's" and "don'ts" of working with foam so that my costume looks good in the end.

Also, since I am not needing this until the Halo 4 release, progress will be a little on the slow side just because I am taking my time and trying to not rush it because I want it to come out just right.

Painting can't start until summer since I need to paint it outside when it's warm. I plan on using the plasti-dip this time as well.

I STILL have my pepped hayabusa helmet, but the dang thing has been sitting for soooo long and I'm afraid that it might be a little too warped for me to work with. Also I have concerns with head movement because of the flap on the back. XD However, I DON'T want to pep that thing again! XD The Hayabusa has got to be the WORST helmet to pep because of the top part. lol

The shin looks great HG! Ans as far as the flap on the busa helmet goes, I think I remember hyper saying that he had to trim that down anyway on his helmet to give him better range of motion when turning his head, etc. so hopefully that won't be a big deal for you. Keep up the great work!:)

Is your helmet only pepped, or is it hardened? If its pepped, Im sure you can straighten it out and fix it up with a little resin or bondo. If its hardened, just warm it up and reshape it!

The shin looks great HG! Ans as far as the flap on the busa helmet goes, I think I remember hyper saying that he had to trim that down anyway on his helmet to give him better range of motion when turning his head, etc. so hopefully that won't be a big deal for you. Keep up the great work!:)

You are correct Vshore, you definatly have to cut the back flap off the helmet, but you may be able to get away with it on a foam chest piece, @ HaloGoddess I have a Hayabusa helmet I may unload in the classifieds, its a little small for me, body work is almost complete, so keep an eye out, not sure if im ready to let it go or not, its the one in my Hayabusa build thread towards the end, but its more detailed now than the last time I posted progress pics

this build is distractingly good and the only thing its Distracting me from while i wait on my glue gun to heat up is my little pony friendship is magic....yes i said it i watch my little pony and i like it...either way this build is peaking my foam building intrest so i may need to try it out later on...but this build is amazing

GOT SOME MORE PICS FOR YA!!!

I've been slowly working on the belt lately. I actually redid the back of the belt from what the modified female version looks like. :p I've been using my 12" Master Chief figure for reference so I can hopefully achieve some nice detail with this. :)

I ended up creating my own little template while still using part of the original template to make it look more like the figure. I think it looks pretty good so far. It still needs more work, but this is where I stand with the back of the belt:

30c7vco.jpg

1597ab.jpg

Then here are some shots of what I have completed so far for the front and right side of the belt:
1t278g.jpg

This shot was meant just to focus on that that little dent area since the original model DOES have this and while it's easier to do it with the cardstock, I had to figure out how to achieve it with the foam. I think it worked. :p
dcx8hv.jpg

Here is a shot showing the detail of the pouch thing. After seeing it in the picture, I think I may end up redoing it and try to make it look a bit nicer. I don't like the way it looks in this at all! XD
59ue8k.jpg

And yes, I know the screws look like they will hurt, but those WILL be cut down by the time the belt is comepletely finished! :p

Well that's what I got so far. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back