PROJECT: Hayabusa

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll be watching the thread for progress, your foam work is amazing, clean, and precise.
Small question: I'm working on a small foam weapon. Would Plasti-Dip be necessary?

I'll be watching the thread for progress, your foam work is amazing, clean, and precise.
Small question: I'm working on a small foam weapon. Would Plasti-Dip be necessary?

Honestly, I don't find that stuff to be necessary as long as you are NOT using spray paint. I NEVER used plasti-dip for my Kat costume, but I also used acrylic paint and hand painted the whole thing.

Here is the new, updated belt:

219bazm.jpg

And a closeup of the detail:
ms0ler.jpg

I tried to find the best image I could to get a good look at what this area looked like. Since it still wasn't the best image, I interpreted it the best I could. I think it looks pretty good. :) Now I just need to finish up the left side of the belt and put it all together! :D

Okay, so progress on this is gonna slow down a littl ebit more until I am able to have an area to work on this. The husband isn't too thrilled about the messes I leave behind when working on this, but the living room is the ONLY place in the house to really do anything.

So until I'm allowed to have the room to really work on this, progress on this is gonna be REALLY slow. :\

As a foam builder my self I find inspiration in great foam builders like you. I still consider myself quite a noob in Foam working.

First of all I would like to say Your COD piece is looking absolutely fantastic! In fact after seeing yours, I made my own using your design as a sort of.. Guide. I hope you don't mind.
These are my results
SAM_0668.jpg

It may look un-even, But I'm pretty sure it's straight. I may have just been holding the camera crooked.

Sorry, One last thing. how do you fill in the cracks in between the foam. Are you just using plasti-dip? Or is it something else?
Thanks
-Sepheus 13

As a foam builder my self I find inspiration in great foam builders like you. I still consider myself quite a noob in Foam working.

Sorry, One last thing. how do you fill in the cracks in between the foam. Are you just using plasti-dip? Or is it something else?
Thanks
-Sepheus 13
I plan on just using plasti-dip for now. From what I understand, it helps to sort of hide the seams and is NEEDED if you plan on using spray paint. For my Kat suit, I NEVER used plasti-dip and used acrylic paint and that seemed to work out just fine. :p

And for still being a noob with foam, yours came out pretty good. I'm actually using my 12 inch Master Chief figure as reference for my pieces to try and obtain the most amount of detail. I also refer to my Halo Encyclopedia as well. :p

Sorry if this is a necro post, but i dont think it will be. I know Goddess you said that progress will be slow, i just want you to know that everything is looking awesome! I cant wait to see more pics when your husband lets you get back to work. So far the things i have seen from you are very nice :) Keep up the good work!

It sure has been awhile since I posted anything.

There has been NO progress lately due to the divorce I am going through. I was recently gone for some time and the only person who knows anything is the girl I sold my Kat costume to. I won't go into detail about that. It's really personal, that's all I can say.

As for the progress on my hayabusa, there isn't much more than what you already see in this thread. A LOT of my stuff has been packed up and stored away. Not sure when I will be able to pick up on it again. I still want to go to the Halo 4 midnight release so I DO want to finish it. I don't want to have to place my hayabusa on the backburner again. :( Right now it's just on hold until this mess gets sorted out and I start taking care of myself and get better.

Take care of yourself first girl!! I'm really sorry to hear about everything that your going through :( . It's hard to say "I understand" when you have no idea what it feels like, but I sincerely hope that everything works out okay for you.

-Matt

So sorry to hear that. I hope it get settled soon and easily. The armor can wait for now, just get things settled first. Hope it all works out well for you.

Justin

I know how you feel about the "D" thing. I've been through that once a long time ago. I hope everything will turn out fine again.

Best of luck to you HG. We'll be here waiting once you start back on that awesome "Busa" of yours. :D

i built a the hayabusa a little while ago it looked great some guy payed me $1000 for it. this suit markets really well lol

I'm sorry about everything you are going through. Take care of yourself before you even think about working on the armor. But down the road once you pick it up I am sure its going to look really good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back