Status
Not open for further replies.
Mannn I better get a box of cookies at my door step for all that pep file magic I worked for you last night!! Kept me up all night! :lol:
Haha just kidding. Nightwork standby shifts can be boring, helping with armor made it more fun.

I think you'll be on the right track now and have plenty to keep you busy. Feel free to send me more if you need anymore help!

Mannn I better get a box of cookies at my door step for all that pep file magic I worked for you last night!! Kept me up all night! :lol:
Haha just kidding. Nightwork standby shifts can be boring, helping with armor made it more fun.

I think you'll be on the right track now and have plenty to keep you busy. Feel free to send me more if you need anymore help!
With all the pointers and other help you've given, I'd say you've at least earned yourself a drink. Maybe some milk to go with the cookies? lol

With all the pointers and other help you've given, I'd say you've at least earned yourself a drink. Maybe some milk to go with the cookies? lol
Now we're talking!! That sounds delightful! Haha but seriously, good luck with this build man, looking forward to seeing it come to life. Annnd now I might just have to build a Noble 6 Reach suit next... it looks like so much fun!

Now we're talking!! That sounds delightful! Haha but seriously, good luck with this build man, looking forward to seeing it come to life. Annnd now I might just have to build a Noble 6 Reach suit next... it looks like so much fun!
Chances are good I'll be at the southern outpost next year, you have till then ;-)

So I remade the glove and forearm. Added more detail to the glove and properly scaled the forearm while also fixing a few things. As far as my ruler is able to tell me, the forearm is accurate to the model within 1mm.
IMG_20190818_143620.jpg

Left: New arm | Right: Old arm
IMG_20190818_143836.jpg

New forearm is looking good. In regards to the undersuit, probably not what you're looking for, but there's a company called Snakepit Studios that sells a body suit printed with the Halo 4/5 techsuit pattern. No idea how that more detailed design would mesh with Reach style armor though.

Making a fully custom undersuit would required a lot of sewing skills. Could also look into Motocross gear, might be some interesting fabrics you can do something with.

If T3 is your goal buying a printed tech suit will not help you achieve it. That will get T2 at most.
I'm afraid you'll have to really work your skills or learn some magic. Or dig deep into your pockets and free up some loose change to get a game accurate undersuit.

If T3 is your goal buying a printed tech suit will not help you achieve it. That will get T2 at most.
I'm afraid you'll have to really work your skills or learn some magic. Or dig deep into your pockets and free up some loose change to get a game accurate undersuit.
I have no plans of using a printed suit, I intend to make a 3d one. The best idea I have now is gluing/sewing thin foam pieces into a pattern on clothing, does anyone know if this is a durable/effective method?

So I remade the glove and forearm. Added more detail to the glove and properly scaled the forearm while also fixing a few things. As far as my ruler is able to tell me, the forearm is accurate to the model within 1mm.
View attachment 276465

Left: New arm | Right: Old arm
View attachment 276466
Looks like the edited files worked like a charm! Pieces fell right into place! As far as the under suit, luckily the Reach one is pretty nice to achieve. I would definitely consider Kit Kat Gooses method of the upholstery foam bonded to vinyl fabric. Ive been doing that a bunch lately and honestly is not as hard as it seems. Barge works great to assemble the upholstery foam and the vinyl gives it the good tech suit finish. Plus the detail is 3D and not something that just "passes" as an undersuit. I would also talk to TJ as I know he ripped the game undersuit and made his full upholstery undersuit using templates he made from the game. He's in IG as well

Looks like the edited files worked like a charm! Pieces fell right into place! As far as the under suit, luckily the Reach one is pretty nice to achieve. I would definitely consider Kit Kat Gooses method of the upholstery foam bonded to vinyl fabric. Ive been doing that a bunch lately and honestly is not as hard as it seems. Barge works great to assemble the upholstery foam and the vinyl gives it the good tech suit finish. Plus the detail is 3D and not something that just "passes" as an undersuit. I would also talk to TJ as I know he ripped the game undersuit and made his full upholstery undersuit using templates he made from the game. He's in IG as well
That's what I'm looking for, thanks for the info! I'll definitely reach out to them when the time comes.

I have no plans of using a printed suit, I intend to make a 3d one. The best idea I have now is gluing/sewing thin foam pieces into a pattern on clothing, does anyone know if this is a durable/effective method?
Wardrobe Armory successfully glues laser cut eva foam to spandex suits of course the eva is also heat formed and detailed. They glue the foam to the suits using E6000 (same company as Shoe Goo) and wrap the suits in plastic wrap to hold the pieces in place while the glue dries. You need a full body suit dummy to achieve this preferably. He only makes the halo 5 tech suits and sells the kits for $250. You certainly could use the same method but I would probably explore the upholstery foam method first for a Reach suit as there is not as much detail compared to other suits and would be more forgiving to wear in terms of flexibility/mobility. You can also checkout Lostviking props on IG as well, he did a full upholstery foam reach undersuit as well

Wardrobe Armory successfully glues laser cut eva foam to spandex suits of course the eva is also heat formed and detailed. They glue the foam to the suits using E6000 (same company as Shoe Goo) and wrap the suits in plastic wrap to hold the pieces in place while the glue dries. You need a full body suit dummy to achieve this preferably. He only makes the halo 5 tech suits and sells the kits for $250. You certainly could use the same method but I would probably explore the upholstery foam method first for a Reach suit as there is not as much detail compared to other suits and would be more forgiving to wear in terms of flexibility/mobility. You can also checkout Lostviking props on IG as well, he did a full upholstery foam reach undersuit as well
Hmm, when I asked Andrew at Wardrobe (go Midwest) about undersuits yesterday none of that came up. If he doesn't see this being I'll have to inquire again later.

My SPARTAN-III is T3 and I'm pretty sure that once WandererTJ applies for deployment with his new suit, he'll get it as well. Both of us have taken different approaches to the techsuit. For mine it's a sewn skin tight suit with armoured patches. For Tanners, it's a upholstery foam base with fabric over top.

Both suits cover all the paneling that appear on the in-game models but the two approaches showcase how the 405th is all about problem solving and supporting different building methods.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back