Status
Not open for further replies.
My SPARTAN-III is T3 and I'm pretty sure that once WandererTJ applies for deployment with his new suit, he'll get it as well. Both of us have taken different approaches to the techsuit. For mine it's a sewn skin tight suit with armoured patches. For Tanners, it's a upholstery foam base with fabric over top.

Both suits cover all the paneling that appear on the in-game models but the two approaches showcase how the 405th is all about problem solving and supporting different building methods.
Yeah TJ took the approach with the upholstery foam and I'm also currently developing undersuit pieces like this as well for my halo 3 chief. Believe it or not, me and Tanner spent alot of time chatting and I ended testing Leak Seal directly on upholstery foam while he was swamped with other suit work. I shared my results with him, and that's what he ended up using fully on his under suit. Leak Seal sprayed right onto upholstery foam for rubberized texture. He told me he won best in show at Houston too with his new Reach build. It looks fantastic. He game ripped the undersuit and made his own templates for it, perhaps he might share those with us other 405th folk eventually! ;)

Yeah TJ took the approach with the upholstery foam and I'm also currently developing undersuit pieces like this as well for my halo 3 chief. Believe it or not, me and Tanner spent alot of time chatting and I ended testing Leak Seal directly on upholstery foam while he was swamped with other suit work. I shared my results with him, and that's what he ended up using fully on his under suit. Leak Seal sprayed right onto upholstery foam for rubberized texture. He told me he won best in show at Houston too with his new Reach build. It looks fantastic. He game ripped the undersuit and made his own templates for it, perhaps he might share those with us other 405th folk eventually! ;)
So you're saying the leak seal lead to better results than fabric over the top?

So you're saying the leak seal lead to better results than fabric over the top?
I wouldnt say better but I would say easier and "cooler" looking. Fabric on the foam will make it stronger against ripping, but the Leak Seal makes it pretty darn strong too. Both methods I'm sure get hot the wear. I havent talked to TJ about how it was comfortable wise yet in a show. Here is how it looks.

20190804_223645.jpg20190802_192203.jpg

AND SKOOKUMPROPS SINKS THE TREY
No pressure PerniciousDuke and ArcSol
Haha in some form or another, SKOOKUMPROPS has been on stage and best in show at almost every HOD so far just about! Me rocking the dual SMGs, Halogodess with the helmet, and Tanner with the torso!! You couldn't compete in the show but you supplied many others that could! ;)

Haha in some form or another, SKOOKUMPROPS has been on stage and best in show at almost every HOD so far just about! Me rocking the dual SMGs, Halogodess with the helmet, and Tanner with the torso!! You couldn't compete in the show but you supplied many others that could! ;)
Like we said in Philly, Canadians being blocked from competition wasn't because of tax reasons, it was a defense mechanism. :lol:

That feeling when you're making good progress on your bicep piece, but have to start over cause you realized too late that the height was off by half a centimeter :-/
IMG_20190819_173122.jpg

Ah well, I'll just start the other glove/forearms and reprint later.

Last edited:
Now that's just evil.
That feeling when you're making good progress on your bicep piece, but have to start over cause you realized too late that the height was off by half a centimeter :-/
View attachment 276523

Ah well, I'll just start the other glove/forearms and reprint later.
I understand your thought process here, but also... WHAT THE HECK ARE YOU THINKING?!?! this looks so good and I thought this was a joke, but knowing you it probably isnt... on something like that I dont even think YOU would notice the half a cm difference :b

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back