Razers ODST Armor somewhat pic heavy......i guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hell Razer

Jr Member
Razers ODST Armor PIC HEAVY. Updated 2/17/11. NEW VIDEO UPDATE!!!!!

ok this is what i have so far on my ODST. i plan to have the chest piece done later on this week...... hopefully.

please excuse me for double posting if i cant fit all the pics on one post. Thank you moderators for understanding. :)

(also this is my first time hosting pics for this site so if it doesn't work i will also paste links to the pics beneath the photos.)

on to the pics XD

005-1.jpg

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^= Knee cap
http://s1021.photobucket.com/albums/af338/j_Ridd/?action=view&current=005-1.jpg

006-1.jpg

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^=Knee cap/ side view
http://s1021.photobucket.com/albums/af338/j_Ridd/?action=view&current=006-1.jpg

009-1.jpg

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^=belt plate without buckle
http://s1021.photobucket.com/albums/af338/j_Ridd/?action=view&current=009-1.jpg

010-1.jpg

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^= boots without toe caps (being rondoed right now....)
http://s1021.photobucket.com/albums/af338/j_Ridd/?action=view&current=010-1.jpg

011-1.jpg

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^= alt view of boots
http://s1021.photobucket.com/albums/af338/j_Ridd/?action=view&current=011-1.jpg

the paint scheem for the armor is a matte black with silver battle damage.

idk if you can see it in the knee cap pic but i bondoed in some pock marks for bullet pings and the such. i will add some more pics of the toe caps after i finish them later on tonight.

updates will be regular and often.

-Cheers

Razer's ODST Armor PIC HEAVY

update: 9:10 p.m.

finished the boots.

here are a few pics.

any criticism or comments are welcome.

014-1.jpg

right toe cap

015.jpg

left toe cap

016-1.jpg

both caps on the boots

017.jpg

up close view/ left boot

018.jpg

up close view/ right boot

thats all for today.
maybe ill have some more on wendsday or at the latest thursday.

-Cheers

What can I say? Looks great so far! Noticed the pockmarks as well... nice touch!
Matt black with silver scratches? Sounds good to me. Very militaristic, I must say. I must add that perhaps you should tone down the silver so that ur armor looks worn and you've seen action, but not run over by a warthog!

I'd also add in a coloured stripe on the helmet and perhaps shoulder/thigh as well as a unit recognition method and to make the armor look more interesting. But if you're going black ops, then just plain matt black would do. Hope that helps! :)

ya. i put the most silver on the parts that would see the most wear and tear out of all the pieces. the toe caps because they will be in contact with the ground quite a bit and the knees because when you kneel your knee touches first. i plan to lighten up the silver after these pieces and i will be puting in a grey stripe down the helmet and thighs as well as my Clan Emblem the Black Lotus. I am the leader of the halo clan Hell Razers so i figured what the hell, show off my clan pride. all the other odst things such as the chest will be the same as they are in the weta films.

update: 09/08/10

sorry guys no pics this time.

update status:

main chest plate courtosey of Kirou is almost done.

torso is peped.

boots are done.

center and side stomach pouches are printed.

just got more supplies so i should be set for a while.

thats all for today.

update: 09/09/10

rondoed the right back pad and need to redo the left one. It got all warped to hell and back. XD

hopefully have it done by the end of the week.

paint on the one back pad should be done tomorrow.

chest piece is just about finnished being peped.

left and right stomach packs still havnt been touched at all. still sitting on my dest.

gotta scrap my old butt packs. they got decimated with a month of storage.

the left thigh still looks good. right one is all bent up from storage. (that took the longest to. Damn. XD)

any ways thats it for tonight. unless i get the paint done..... then i might post some pics later on..... idk yet though. dont really feel like spray painting.......

updates regular.

-Cheers

ok its been a long time since i updated this puppy so here goes. I GOTS PICS THIS TIME!!!!!!

186.jpg

-Chest Plate/ Finished Painted and Straped

187.jpg

- Left Bicept/ unfinished/ not painted/ straped

188.jpg

- Reverse details on the bicept

191.jpg

- Me wearing the chest plate

192.jpg

- Me wearing both the chest plate and the bicept

Here are a few pics of my unfinished helmet that is still being peped:

198.jpg

199.jpg

197.jpg

195.jpg

194.jpg

and some pics of my visor supplies:

202.jpg

201.jpg

200.jpg

the helmet should be all the way done sometime next week or at the earliest this weekend. the visor will take a little longer since i opted to make my own instead of buying one from Sean since i cant acess the classifieds (thanks mods.......) and that he isnt currently, to my knowelege, doing a run of ODST.

i should have more for you guys later on this week.

-Cheers

hey man, the ODST armor looks very nice except when you did the helmet, the tabs are supposed to be on the inside of the helmet, but at lest when you finish you won't be able to see it like that but otherwise it looks very good, kepp up the good work :)

hey man, the ODST armor looks very nice except when you did the helmet, the tabs are supposed to be on the inside of the helmet, but at lest when you finish you won't be able to see it like that but otherwise it looks very good, kepp up the good work :)

i can see why you would say that the tabs need to be on the inside however i want a clean and un pockmarked cast with rondo so i put them on the outside where they would not interfere with that cast.

alright guys time for another update.

sorry but no pics this time, hey dont look at me like that it said KINDA PIC HEAVY in the description.......

anyways i have gotten nothing new done since i got, and yes i really did.....

I GOT ENGAGED!!!!!!!!!

YEP THATS RIGHT FOLKS IM GETTING MARRIED.

anyways i have been busy lately with work and all so i have not had much time to work on the suit. i should have more done by Halloween. ummmmm....... the majority of my helmet are peped but right now its sitting up ontop of my tele atm.

Ummmmm............ ya not much besides that........... o_O oh ya...

I was working on a side project while doing the suit (i needed something to do while the rondo cured XD) and i built a coffin that will become a bed with built in speakers and a lid that closes and opens on three hinges. its sitting in my garage in a corner atm and i will post some pics when my Fiancée and i use it to spook some kids on halloween.

other than that iv got nothing.

so ummmmm..... ya.

sniper signing off..

-cheers

Looks freakin' amazin'.

I love ODST builds, as they are my favourite characters. One question though. Is there a tutorial floating around for your paint scheme you used? I've seen it on many other builds, and it looks amazing, but I can't seem to find any tutorials when I search around. Any help would be appreciated.

the way to do this is really simple. what you do is you place your base color down first. then you take a dry, unused paintbrush and spray silver spraypaint onto the brush and drag it along the edge just barely touching the piece of armor.

hope this helped

UPDATE TIME!!!!!

ya not really have not done much....,.

i scraped rundowns helm in favor of Kirous due to the fact that it is a helluva lot easier to build while still fitting my head and i will be able to add all the details with my dremmel.

sorry Rundown but those little channels are harder than a frat boy at a strip joint.

Your ODST is coming along great. All I've been working on is weapons, Just takes me awhile cause my printer won't print out the numbers to each line so I have handwrite everything.

Your ODST is coming along great. All I've been working on is weapons, Just takes me awhile cause my printer won't print out the numbers to each line so I have handwrite everything.

i find of you switch the printing style to vector it works so much better.

wow man congrats on getting married, and this armor is looking awesome, keep up the good work hope to see that coffin sometime >.< lol

@egam47: thanks man. yup its going out tonight so ill take a few pics of it before the rain gets here....... keep in mind that there still in absolutly no padding on the inside but there are a lot of pillows so ya........

anywhozel on to the update...... WITH PICS NOW!!!!!

my finished bicept:
Photo0023.jpg

my upper body (what has been completed so far......):
Photo0042.jpg

My lower body (what has been completed so far......):
Photo0041.jpg

My gauntlet (multiple views....):
Photo0045.jpg

Photo0044.jpg

Photo0046.jpg

Me wearing the majority of the upper armor..... (minus the gauntlet (this was taken before that was done....)):
Photo0040.jpg

other than that there isnt much to say..... i am getting a small neck knife to go on the strap between my back pads and my chest plate. its a tanto blade that is encased in a hard plastic sheath that can easily be attached to the strap with a few bolts.

i have not even touched my new helm yet..... :p

i still have uypwards of 15-16 pieces left to do.

thats it for this update yall.

Razer signing out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back