RB's Elite Ultra Armor Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hold it!

How do you rip models from reach?
Sorry. Trade secret.
<<INFORMATION CLASSIFIED>>
It's more a need to know basis thing, along with supply/demand.
If everyone could do it, we would have an over-supply of models that no-one really needs - but if there is a small team working on it, then the (somewhat irregular) releases are able to meet the demand. Basic economics really. Also, having a reasonable amount of experience in 3ds also helps.
The main thing is that most of the models have to be cleaned up a fair bit just to make them usable - and that takes time, effort and lots of patience.

@RD - Can't wait to see where you take this! Even I have been thinking about building an elite...eventually. (It was actually the idea that found me here - and I still haven't built one...)
I am most definitely looking forward to those unfolds!
+1 sub here

CJ

Slightly offtopic: Good work on the fleet assets in the reach release thread - I would have got to it eventually...
Even better work at taking initiative on figuring out how to do it! (Thanks for using my post formatting - made me smile.)
Added release to OP listing.

Sorry. Trade secret.
If everyone could do it, we would have an over-supply of models that no-one really needs - but if there is a small team working on it, then the (somewhat irregular) releases are able to meet the demand. Basic economics really. Also, having a reasonable amount of experience in 3ds also helps.
The main thing is that most of the models have to be cleaned up a fair bit just to make them usable - and that takes time, effort and lots of patience.

@RD - Can't wait to see where you take this! Even I have been thinking about building an elite...eventually. (It was actually the idea that found me here - and I still haven't built one...)
+1 sub here

CJ

Slightly offtopic: Good work on the fleet assets in the reach release thread - I would have got to it eventually...
Even better work at taking initiative on figuring out how to do it! (Thanks for using my post formatting - made me smile.)

got it supreme database overlord, but ive heard rumors is it possable?

just type it into google there are 3 programs that can do it or just email this guy Cylonproject2000@Yahoo.com I heard he knows what file it is. Type in people who know how and Nintendodudes name came up with the email. Not sure if he's using it give him a ring.

Wow...Just wow, a Elite Ultra Armor build I can't wait to see how this comes out. +1 sub.

Sorry. Trade secret.

Agreed with MS7. If you really really wanna do it, google is your best friend. Nothing more to say on this topic.

+1 sub here

CJ

You should definitely go for an elite if you can dedicate quite some time to this project. It looks like there are some people in this thread who are thinking about doing the exact same thing.
I'm currently messing around with 3DS Max trying to find out how to draw simple faces. xD Because I want to build in some support struts for those who won't use foam but doing it the good old pepakura way. I know how to do it in Google Sketchup, but unfortunately I can't export it from there without getting open edges everywhere. It has to be done before the unfolding, because I won't do the unfolds twice. When I succeed I'll start with the unfolds.

Thanks, it took me some time to find out all steps needed to do it, but finally I was successful.
I was tired so I reverted to your previous post formatting just out of laziness, hope you didn't mind ^^

Wow...Just wow, a Elite Ultra Armor build I can't wait to see how this comes out. +1 sub.

Thanks for the sub :) Hopefully it will come out just awesomely. Even if i don't finish this project for some unknown reason (but I will") this thread hopefully will help people to get an idea on how to get started with their own elite builds :)

Agreed with MS7. If you really really wanna do it, google is your best friend. Nothing more to say on this topic.

You should definitely go for an elite if you can dedicate quite some time to this project. It looks like there are some people in this thread who are thinking about doing the exact same thing.
I'm currently messing around with 3DS Max trying to find out how to draw simple faces. xD Because I want to build in some support struts for those who won't use foam but doing it the good old pepakura way. I know how to do it in Google Sketchup, but unfortunately I can't export it from there without getting open edges everywhere. It has to be done before the unfolding, because I won't do the unfolds twice. When I succeed I'll start with the unfolds.

Thanks, it took me some time to find out all steps needed to do it, but finally I was successful.
I was tired so I reverted to your previous post formatting just out of laziness, hope you didn't mind ^^

Thanks for the sub :) Hopefully it will come out just awesomely. Even if i don't finish this project for some unknown reason (but I will") this thread hopefully will help people to get an idea on how to get started with their own elite builds :)

I'm looking forward to this

+1 sub and +1 f request

Ok everyone, first unfold is finished! :D I started with the belt. The belt is is universal and used in every elite class. I built in some support struts, hope you like it. I just remembered at that very moment that Satmcho III already did a Reach Elite belt. xD Should have done an armor-piece that hasn't been already modeled. Ok, well, now we have two of them ^^

elite_belt_pdo.png
Download Halo Reach Elite Belt

The torso is giving me a hard time, because it's based of two models (back which is the same for every elite, and front, which differs in every class). The problem is that the two models are intermeshing. It's hard to get an easy to build pep file from these models. I'm not a 3D modeller, I can't edit the geometry of the models to a greater extent. I'm lacking skills to do that.

Quick question for the build's sake:

Will you be making/unfolding all of the models before you start making them? Or are you going to jump right in and unfold as you go?

YAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAY!!

I love it when people give me foam templates, makes it so much easier, and why would I want to make heavy resin props for a costume that's gonna be heavy enough with the bulky undersuit and stilts to start with?

You sir, are my new favourite person that I don't know.

YAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAY!!

I love it when people give me foam templates, makes it so much easier, and why would I want to make heavy resin props for a costume that's gonna be heavy enough with the bulky undersuit and stilts to start with?

You sir, are my new favourite person that I don't know.

You're welcome ^^

Another day, another unfold.

elite_handplate_foam.png

Since I don't have enough progress to start my own build thread, I'll just leave this here. Not trying to hijack or anything.

Last edited by a moderator:
im unfolding elite undersuit files at the moment

mkay, but I'm not sure how to use these for an undersuit build.

Since I don't have enough progress to start my own build thread, I'll just leave this here. Not trying to hijack or anything.
Wow, that looks great! How long can you stand with the stilts?
Well, I have zero progress ^^ you've already started with the stilts ;)

I've put every file toghether into 1 pep file so you can check proportions with the pepakura measurement tool.

elite_ultra.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, that looks great! How long can you stand with the stilts?
Well, I have zero progress ^^ you've already started with the stilts

Walking isn't comfortable, and as you could tell, I really just want to go back to normal standing pretty quickly. I'm waiting for some bungee cords I ordered to come in so that I can attach the leg braces. It should be much more comfortable to walk in then.

Sorry for double posting in another person's thread (heresy!) but I found something for you.

About yesterday I stumbled onto this guy's awesomeness, and he has some designs a bit farther from gryphern's, but he was also the guy that made CanineHybrid's, so he's gotta be good! They look just about as cheap to make (given you have access to the tools,) and it'll probably be a better result.

I'm almost done my stilts. Once they're done, I might make a mark two closer to these depending on my mood, we'll see.

PART 1
PART 2
PART 3

Enjoy! Hope you learn from my mistakes. I really need to start a build thread, but for now I guess I can half-share yours.

A different build for stilts

So I came up with idea that uses the DIY stilt instructions, only instead of building your own brace you can get a pair of ski boots and thread them to the wooden foot. this may or may not be cheaper depending on how you get your boots. I bought mine at a antique/consignment store for 2.50$ so I came out ok. I am in the process of building them but I think the idea should work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back