Reach ending scene/credits/etc. discussion *MAJOR SPOILERS*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great ending yes. Although I missed the chief the first time around, I'll look next time.

And, if I'm correct (which I may not be) the voice you hear at the ending describing the events surrounding Noble 6's death was in fact Cortana, not Dr. Halsey.

And, if I'm correct (which I may not be) the voice you hear at the ending describing the events surrounding Noble 6's death was in fact Cortana, not Dr. Halsey.

That's what I thought! And then everyone said it was Halsey. And then I remembered that Cortana is basically the AI version of Halsey.

Was Halsey voiced by the same actress that voiced Cortana? I've never really thought to check.

That's what I thought! And then everyone said it was Halsey. And then I remembered that Cortana is basically the AI version of Halsey.

Was Halsey voiced by the same actress that voiced Cortana? I've never really thought to check.

Yes, Jen Taylor (according to IMDb) did the voice acting for both. But if you listen closely, Jen changes the manner in which she speaks between the two characters. Besides, it's more fitting for Cortana to describe the events after Reach and not Halsey. In one of Nyland's books (can't remember which one) Halsey has Kelly and a few other Spartans with her when they end up in another dimension or something like that. Or I could be confusing that with Onyx. Anyway, my point is that Halsey wouldn't know "the way the world ends."

The only thing I would add is that Jeep is licensed to mass produce Warthogs. I don't care that they can't have those turrets on them. They could make the troop transport version or the yellow civie edition was on the billboard on that one Halo 2 map. Or just a regular hog minus the turret.

Why Jeep? Because they're good off-roaders. And there's already a CoD Black Ops edition, this can't be that much of a stretch. . .

I agree. and as for 343, its still a connection to bungie and thats good for me. :)

Blood Envy said:
Yes, Jen Taylor (according to IMDb) did the voice acting for both. But if you listen closely, Jen changes the manner in which she speaks between the two characters. Besides, it's more fitting for Cortana to describe the events after Reach and not Halsey. In one of Nyland's books (can't remember which one) Halsey has Kelly and a few other Spartans with her when they end up in another dimension or something like that. Or I could be confusing that with Onyx. Anyway, my point is that Halsey wouldn't know "the way the world ends."

It was in Ghosts of Onyx that Halsey and a few Spartans got trapped in the shield world. But there's a sequel book coming out that explains what happens to them in there (and I would assume whether or not they ever get out). But if it's Cortana, when did she and Chief get found? Last we saw them they were floating in space somewhere between the remains of the Ark and Earth.

I think Kat got 1-shotted because about a minute or so before everybody was freaking out over a bomb and radiation spikes, so I guess that knocked out their shields. When she got shot I jumped and was like ".... did that just happen?" but I wasn't really bothered by it. The deaths of those characters (minus 6 and Jorge) just weren't as sad as Johnson's or Miranda's. You also really didn't have enough time to connect with them.

what i hate in reach is the dead of all the spartan (including noble 6). i mean catherine death was kind of not honorable for a spartan (only 1 crystal in the head :S.

Emile death was the best one he did not died alone, an elite chef died with im :D

and noble six death was like not much of a spectacular death... only a sword in the body and that it...

AND i never saw master chief...

It was in Ghosts of Onyx that Halsey and a few Spartans got trapped in the shield world. But there's a sequel book coming out that explains what happens to them in there (and I would assume whether or not they ever get out). But if it's Cortana, when did she and Chief get found? Last we saw them they were floating in space somewhere between the remains of the Ark and Earth.

Remember, that last scene is in 2589, 26 years after Master Chief and Cortana got stuck in space.
"It'll be a while before anyone finds us. Years even."

Who knows?

anybody notice the "shuttle" in the last few seconds of the bonus ending cutscene?

possible advancement of ship technology?

possible advancement of weapons tech?

possible new infantry gear advancement?

possible new Spartans?

possible new Mjolnir suits? Mk.VII/ Mk.VIII/ Mk.IX?

put plus 36 for the known surviving characters and you'll see 80 to 90 to possibly into 100 as the age for them.

Slightly off the current line of discussion:

Here's my theory on the Legendary ending that nobody has been able to find.

We already know that the legendary ending contains a crow landing on noble six's helmet when Cortana is doing the voice over when its 2586? Anyway, what if that the unknown planet that MC was floating towards in the Halo 3 ending is actually reach? You could see MC walk over to the helmet to pick it up to examine it whilst engaged in conversatiom with Cortana. He might even met up with Halsey that may have re-etablished her base with Jun. I could see her say to MC, "I knew you'd come home."

I'd cheer if that happened :)

i was blown away by this game, epic cutscenes, (especially jumping into jorge's hand off teh platform, getting thrown off the ship in space) the game story was great, even if it did conflict with the fall of reach. for all of those who want to theorize about Jun, check out the "halo REACH: Where's Jun?" thread in the noob forum,

i loved the way emile went out
1. gets stabbed
2. "im ready!!!" beats down elite
3. "who's next!!!" stabbed again
4. kills elite, bleeds out

Last edited by a moderator:
The whole Believe campaign and the Museum of Humanity prove that John and Cortana are never found ( at least not for 50+ years). They're set in the 2600s, and the Chief is mentioned to never have been found. So, he's still MIA, and probably will be for all eternity. Let's not bring him back up.

As for the Keyes-Halsey thing (which has been of admittedly considerable interest to me) I think this is quite plausible, now. I'm shocked and awed, but I accept the great possibility.

The narration at the end is likely Halsey. The voice has the same aged sound as Halsey's, versus the crisper, younger Cortana, plus by that point, Cortana would have faded away, having gone rampant long ago.

MJOLNIR Mk.VII is described in the Halsey diary. Possible appearance in H4?

Regarding my earlier comment on the elaboration of the "All I Need to Know" cutscene: I have played Halo CE countless times. I have that cutscene memorized. I simply wish they'd redone the cutscene in the Reach graphics engine, just because I'd have liked to see it shiny. Because in Halo, there were 2 bones in the face. In Reach, it's mocapped. Also, the animations don't suck.

"Our fighters are mopping up the last of their recon picket..."
-Cortana

anybody notice the "shuttle" in the last few seconds of the bonus ending cutscene?

possible advancement of ship technology?

possible advancement of weapons tech?

possible new infantry gear advancement?

possible new Spartans?

possible new Mjolnir suits? Mk.VII/ Mk.VIII/ Mk.IX?

put plus 36 for the known surviving characters and you'll see 80 to 90 to possibly into 100 as the age for them.

I noticed that to, my first thought was maybe a human scout ship, but i paid more attention and it looks Forerunner, not human or covie. Who knows?

The way Halsey was talking I'm pretty sure it was a human ship that was re-colonising Reach. I don't remember the exact year, but wasn't it sometime after 2600? That gives the humans 50+ years to reverse-engineer Forerunner tech.

Not enough time, you say? Look how quickly the Spartan shields were developed using only a few captured Jackal shields. Humans were far better at reverse-engineering and being creative than the Covenant ever were. The Covenant never did anything original, they just made copies of the "Holy Relics" they found, and even that took hundreds of years. Remember the Forerunner Dreadnought? For centuries it just sat in High Charity as a holy generator for the city.

Yes. He's leaned against a fence with blood pooled around him. I'd say that jun is our only possible survivor- barring of course that kat wasn't dead and was instead saveable after her death scene. Imo she's d dead though. Wtf @that though.where were her shields at?
she had like just put her helmet on, so, not charged? i dunno :p

the Mk.V's HUD had a indicator that showed the shield field's coverage when the armor parts where taken off of the power grid of the suit during battlefield maintenance on the battlefield.

-MCPO. J-117 performed a "routine" shield recalibration on the forearm piece. status was form a nominal right arm coverage to full status green after a system reboot.

-LtJG. F-104 performed on field reboot of his motion tracker to negate salt damage to the sensitive tracker casing...system reboot had a full status green. 104 had to remove the shoulder plate of the bicep armor.

*104 had to replace a hydrostatic gel system seal on reach after smacking into a tree, system reboot for the entire suit had all the systems return to normal.

- Linda-058 had to put all of the armor sections back on and start the shield generators for the armor...status returned to normal/green.

I think that I'm trying to say that she(KAT-320) didn't boot the shield to start or the circuits were starting to degrade...thus helping to end her life

I just have to say at the risk of sounding ignorant i know the game disregarded the books almost completely, I knew it was going to from the start, but at the end of the day Halo is Bungie's baby, it's their world they've created, with their characters and their story. Like any movie or book some things get lost in translation and some things have to be adapted but like it or not this is the direction they wanted to take it for this game, so putting continuity issues aside and just going for the ride i absolutely loved this game. Bungie, you can be my wingman anytime.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back