Reach foam armor and Pilot helmet wip

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dude if you keep this up get ready for all the people asking if you're alright. That suit is gonna make you look like you and your armor got thrown under a bus.

TIME FOR ANOTHER UPDATE!!!!!

reach_5153533_Full.jpg

Well, i decided that i wanted this ^ (the breacher chest) for my armor so i did a little freestyle if you will. this is how it turned out.

IMG_2477.jpg

IMG_2481.jpg

IMG_2492.jpg

The only diffrence is that i used 270 shells instead of shot gun shells - i thought it looked cooler and i will add shot gun shells to the right lower arm part like emile.

I also desided to figure oout how i was going to strap the thighs to the cod piece. VELCRO!!

IMG_2495.jpg

IMG_2496.jpg

Even though it looks messy from the inside, you only see a small part of it when it is attached. the velcro blends in with the black pants.

But for attaching my shoulders, i used plastic clips and it works great!

This weekend, i will be working on the lower leg peices so wish me luck!

IMG_2500.jpg

Brad

reach_5153533_Full.jpg

IMG_2477.jpg

IMG_2481.jpg

IMG_2492.jpg

IMG_2495.jpg

IMG_2496.jpg

IMG_2500.jpg

This is coming along very nicely. I'd never be able to tell it was foam with that awesome paintjob. Love the color choice to. I will be following to see what it looks like when you get it completed. Keep up the awesome job!

Wow ma, great work! Im loving the paint job! Come paint mine? jk! You almost make me regret using fiberglass, almost... anyhow, keep it up! My Mark VI armour is long way from being done!

Like so many others have said, I love the paint job!! Your build looks fantastic and the worn paintjob looks very realistic! Looking forward to more updates. Keep up the great work!!!

UPDATE TIME

Got my calfs done( i guess thats what you call em) last weekend!

DSCN2305.jpg

DSCN2306.jpg

DSCN2307.jpg

As yall can see, they need more silver added to match the thighs.
DSCN2308.jpg

DSCN2301.jpg

DSCN2299.jpg

But yeah! seems to work well!

all i have to do is the boots and the hand plates........... and the EVA/Pilot helmet!

I am looking forward to the pilot pep coming out hopefully, and the CQC, but my freind is taking his sweet time peppin the EVA and its making MAD!!:angry

But it is comin along!

DSCN2305.jpg

DSCN2306.jpg

DSCN2307.jpg

DSCN2308.jpg

DSCN2301.jpg

DSCN2299.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I hear ya on waitin for that pilot helm, I can't wait for it! I gotta say I've been watchin this build for a while man and every update blows my mind, great GREAT job on the free hand collar breacher, can't wait to see all this done, if only you could get a pic next to timecon in his suit, you two would look awesome! Awesome work

looking good! keep it up! th comment about bein under a bus was FAH! Love the breaching colar. Did you use a pep for template or make it yourself from referance, i want to do one of these too.

looking good! keep it up! th comment about bein under a bus was FAH! Love the breaching colar. Did you use a pep for template or make it yourself from referance, i want to do one of these too.

I made the breach colar myself from a referance pic. idk if there is a pep template for it though. it was fairly easy to make - 2 hours!

And thanks for everyones positive comments!

This is looking really good and I also like the color you chose. :p I too will be making my armor yellow, however, that will be for my hayabusa armor, IF I ever get it done. :\

As far as building an armor from Reach, I still want to build Kat. Also, I don't recall reading anything about in your thread, but the ODST helmet you have, was that made from foam too or was that from a previous project?

_____________________________________________________________________________________
v0bo.gifoGeW.gifkXm2.gifk6eT.gif

v0bo.gif

oGeW.gif

kXm2.gif

k6eT.gif

impressive those look better then the 3D models. a detail suggestion for the ODST head maybe add the UA/CNM parts to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back