Reach Jun Build (Foam/fibreglass + custom undersuit)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wasn't able to completely finish, there is a lot more hand sewing them I was expecting.
View attachment 253178 View attachment 253177 View attachment 253176 View attachment 253175
Pretty happy with it so far though.
I'm realizing that making a video is going to suck. And possibly be really long. But I'm doing it for you people.

Sewing is just a time sink I find and no matter what add another 50% time onto your expected. You're absolutely killing it though holy cow.

Video is something that scares me and I applaud you for taking on the challenge. Imma stay back here and keep documentation at the photo stage and let you blaze ahead into the world of moving pictures.

Teeny tiny update because I am so damn impressed with myself.
Just look at this Reach butt. Good lord in heaven I am just too pleased.
I wasn't gonna redo it but my friend said I could do better and I did. Finally someone who indulges my perfectionist thoughts and tells me to go after it. God bless
IMG_20180224_195431.jpg

Bow Chicka bow wow.......nice Reach butt........I wish I had 1/2 the talent you have at sewing......I could use an upgrade to my undersuit.

well.. I sorta restarted again.. sorta.
I had to double up the spandex because it just wasn't tight enough. baggy spandex is useless so I basically had to take it apart.. but good news. its quite improved.
I finished off the edges of the front detail wayyy nicer. I folded them inside instead of just zigzagging over the edge:
IMG_0798 copy.jpg HR_CQC_Glor (2).png
That reach butt we all know and love got just a bit more accurate from the last one (that I loved):
IMG_0797 copy.jpg IMG_0796 copy.jpg HR_commando_armor_overview (2).jpg
And the neck I'm still working on. trying to figure out what to make the zipper looking part out of because i don't really think it's a zipper.. and the neck clip looking thing.. rubber, plastic or something else. I'd love suggestions. also might add more lines going up and down the collar so its closer to the pic.
IMG_0799 copy.jpg neck.png

Also all those stomach and bum details are hand sewn. my gossshhhhhhh its taken forever.

Also also: my video is halfway done.. go me!

Last edited:
PerniciousDuke ya because of the stretchy fabric I'm using I dont want to risk cracking. I can stitch the lines on just like the other ones I have. for the zipper thing I was thinking of painting a piece of cotton and then sewing it on, because it doesn't stretch I might be able to get away with it.

CommanderPalmer painted her spandex suit... curious how it has held up after a few uses.

Either way you're doing a great job! I just don't want to see you get burned out trying to make one thing perfect. But everyone works different.

Edit: I'm gonna be back to steal those reference photos too! I'll work on some other projects, but I definitely want to up my undersuit game.

Worked on the neck today. Added more lines, and the clippy thingy
IMG_20180310_173713.jpg
I tried making a mold and using hot glue to fill it. It actually work fairly well but It had a sort of texture that I couldn't fix so I made it with craft foam. Which looks alright but feels too flimsy. I need to save up for a 3d printer. For now I'll leave it. I made it easy to detach for when I have a better piece. I'm also thinking I should integrate it more with the suit so it's less useless looking.

View attachment 253811
I tried making a mold and using hot glue to fill it. It actually work fairly well but It had a sort of texture that I couldn't fix so I made it with craft foam. Which looks alright but feels too flimsy. I need to save up for a 3d printer. For now I'll leave it. I made it easy to detach for when I have a better piece. I'm also thinking I should integrate it more with the suit so it's less useless looking.
Undersuit is looking awesome..... it’s cool watching people with the knack for sewing! Word of caution - adding a 3d printer and modeling to your work flow would be another large time sync, especially for the beginner. Buuttt they are awesome:) just takes time. And that little neck piece would be nice 3d printed. Look forward to seeing the progress, keep it going!

View attachment 253811

If you have a model, let me know and I can send out the printed part your way.

TurboCharizard I'll get on to modeling it then!
Let me know if I can make something to trade you with.
----
At this point it shouldn't be surprising that even when I say I'm happy with something I rebuild it another 3 times.... How I make any progress at all is a head scratcher.
Every time I look at references I find more detail to add.
Screenshot_20180312-102836.png Screenshot_20180312-103231.png
There's another angle at the detail around the neck too. Just for you PerniciousDuke

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back