Reach Muliplayer Trailer Disscussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
mustang2500 said:
I just meant the look of them. Parts on the AR (like the ammo counter) look a little sloppy, and the BR seems like a total different gun. (Sort of...)

I didn't mean damage or usage or anything like that. I'm all about looks, not stats :p

Oh, haha.

Well, Bungie has already said that the ammo counter is definitely gonna change.

EDIT

Just found it:

Of course, there’s plenty of work to be done in the months ahead, so if stuff like the display on the Assault Rifle is sending you into a tizzy, take some deep breaths. It’s all gonna be okay. We got this.

Last edited by a moderator:
mustang2500 said:
Yeah. I mean, I can't wait to play with friends and stuff, but it seems like Bungie is starting to drift off the initial Halo plot. Like, all the new guns they're adding, the new spartan armour, vehicles - where did all of these things go by Halo 1?

I know they're just adding new things for the fans, but it seems like a different game, not Halo.

One thing I REALLY don't like however, are the weapons. The AR is just a mess, the BR is too different, etc.

That's all I have to say right now.

It's a game that's going to be released nearly a decade after the first, and you want it to lose some weapons and vehicles for the sake of storyline? I don't think so. Bungie may be experts at keeping the storyline intact, but they would lose a ton of review scores and overall reception if they downgraded their product to a few basic weapons that are so heavily dated, or some vehicles or armor that date back to 2001.

Armor: We really don't know that much about what will happen with the armor. A few new permutations, oh no! We can conclusively say that they must have excluded Mark V to ruin our lives forever, let's all go on a homicidal rampage in Bungie Studios, right?

Vehicles: Driving the same beat-up truck that's nearly 30 years old would be very unappealing when you have the cash on-hand for a brand new, top-of-the-line one, right? No. Driving the same old hunk-of-junk is just as boring in games when you have the opportunity to expand your horizons with new vehicles, or add some upgrades to existing ones, regardless of time period.

Weapons: The only difference between the old and the new is the aesthetics, and that is a purely subjective argument. It's on a military outpost, it's not going to look like Tinkerbell gave everything a makeover. Plus, did you see the Assault Rifle reload animation? It probably seems familiar if you pay attention, because it's recycled from Halo 3. Again, only real difference is aesthetics.

And if making changes to a game also changes its definition as a Halo game, then they should just keep remaking Halo 1 for the rest of eternity. They have more space to upgrade graphics, textures, models, and even then there's tons of unused potential. Do you waste that potential and have millions of butthurt fans? Of course not, you start experimenting with different additions to the game so that it is more appealing to the targeted audience while keeping everyone else nice and relatively happy with their purchase.

That's quite the essay :p

I know, I agree with everything you said. it's just it doesn't have that Halo "feeling" from the videos. Maybe the beta will say otherwise.

I also have this attitude where I like how something begins, but get annoyed as it goes on and changes... So I do this with pretty much everything from music to TV shows...

mustang2500 said:
That's quite the essay :p

Indeed, I do that way too much >_>

I know, I agree with everything you said. it's just it doesn't have that Halo "feeling" from the videos. Maybe the beta will say otherwise.

I also have this attitude where I like how something begins, but get annoyed as it goes on and changes... So I do this with pretty much everything from music to TV shows...

I think so too, to some extent, but really you must remember that it's supposed to seem action-y and brand-spanking-new to attract people to play the beta. I'm guessing it'll be oddly reminiscent of Halo 3's multiplayer, with some changes here and there.

As for annoyance with changes, the only time I've really been annoyed is when SEGA made the Sonic games into complete rubbish, but that's a completely different subject.

ImaGonnaGetYou said:
It's a game that's going to be released nearly a decade after the first, and you want it to lose some weapons and vehicles for the sake of storyline? I don't think so. Bungie may be experts at keeping the storyline intact, but they would lose a ton of review scores and overall reception if they downgraded their product to a few basic weapons that are so heavily dated, or some vehicles or armor that date back to 2001.

Armor: We really don't know that much about what will happen with the armor. A few new permutations, oh no! We can conclusively say that they must have excluded Mark V to ruin our lives forever, let's all go on a homicidal rampage in Bungie Studios, right?

Vehicles: Driving the same beat-up truck that's nearly 30 years old would be very unappealing when you have the cash on-hand for a brand new, top-of-the-line one, right? No. Driving the same old hunk-of-junk is just as boring in games when you have the opportunity to expand your horizons with new vehicles, or add some upgrades to existing ones, regardless of time period.

Weapons: The only difference between the old and the new is the aesthetics, and that is a purely subjective argument. It's on a military outpost, it's not going to look like Tinkerbell gave everything a makeover. Plus, did you see the Assault Rifle reload animation? It probably seems familiar if you pay attention, because it's recycled from Halo 3. Again, only real difference is aesthetics.

And if making changes to a game also changes its definition as a Halo game, then they should just keep remaking Halo 1 for the rest of eternity. They have more space to upgrade graphics, textures, models, and even then there's tons of unused potential. Do you waste that potential and have millions of butthurt fans? Of course not, you start experimenting with different additions to the game so that it is more appealing to the targeted audience while keeping everyone else nice and relatively happy with their purchase.

My goodness, I felt like I just stepped out of my principles office! Nah I'm kidding, that was actually really good statements you made. I think Halo Reach is going to be a really good game. However, I'm hoping that you have more choices with your character's looks, and that we're not stuck with the five spartans helmets and armor with different colors. But, it's still being worked on so we'll all find out later. I also like how you can gut punch your enemy and assassinate them, {just like what the spartans did to the elites in the trailer.} Plus, that jetpack looks pretty awesome as well. I think Bungie won't let us down. I can't wait!

Not to be a downer but Gee... *sarcasm* jetpacks.

My response... "They lined up for us boys, it's a skeet shoot! Pull!! *Blam* One little, *Blam* Two little, *Blam* Three little...."

I almost died watching it, to much to handle in one Vidoc.

to bad i hung up my headset and returned my N adapter for good. even though i only had it for the past month for the first time in almost 3 years i decided to scrap it, this video makes me regret it :( .

edit:

"Vehicles: Driving the same beat-up truck that's nearly 30 years old would be very unappealing when you have the cash on-hand for a brand new, top-of-the-line one, right? No. Driving the same old hunk-of-junk is just as boring in games when you have the opportunity to expand your horizons with new vehicles, or add some upgrades to existing ones, regardless of time period."

if your talking about the warthog i don't think that can ever be replaced, its a truly timeless icon in halo, almost a piece of art in the halo games, a majestic beast of raw power and elegance. i don't think anything but a graphical improvement to this masterpiece could make it better. sorry, i just love the vehicle.

although we still could use new vehicles.

another edit:

if you look closely (im not sure if its pointed out) in the painting under the elites arm in the distance you can see a spartan with a Recon perm, and the helm behind him is almost a Romeo ODST helm design. its only a painting so its inconclusive to any real armor perms but i see them.

painting

If you guys don't like the AR or the BR, that's because it's not the AR and BR. It's the MA37, the standard Assault rifle of the UN Army. And it's not the BR anymore, it's the Designated Marksman Rifle. So they are not the same weapons you see in Halo 3.

Also, this is Reach. Everything is supposed to look experimental.

I really like the trailer, and I can't wait for the beta to be released but those jet-packs annoy me a little. Jet-packs screwed up Perfect Dark Zero I really hope they will fit in in Halo!

Just abit of wild, random speculation on the Gamestypes and stuff.

Headhunters,

Kills get you points, but you can also steal points by collecting the skulls dropped from opponents?

Invasion,

Team vs AI?

Spartan vs Elite,

A new spin on Team Deathmatch. Players will be able to set up a both a spartan and elite apperance, picking on as defult for other gametypes, and either being used for the appropriate team in SvE.?

Active roster,

Drop in, drop out match making?

And what about that seeking fuel rod thing ( screen 239 242 on adams link) ?????? It looks awsome!!!

I wouldn't be too worried about the lack of armour perms in the video. The Halo 3 beta didn't have all the perms, and I don't expect this one too, either. If you watch the first ViDoc you can see an example of what the perms are; there are all kinds of pouches, bandoliers, armour plating, and attachments you can add (and all of which are purely cosmetic, just like Halo 3).

Bungie has been pretty clear that Reach is not a Halo-fied Modern Warfare. I play MW2 a lot, and I enjoy it, but it's an entirely different game. In Halo the players and weapons are all equal, and it comes down to skill (and oftentimes luck). In MW2, being a good player helps, but if you have all the best perks and the good attachments for your high-level weapons, then it is far easier for you to win. The Armour Abilities have been confused with perks a lot (OMG! sprinting in Halo!), but Bungie has said they are essentially a replacement for the equipment from Halo 3. Remember how the Arbiter had rechargeable active camo in Halo 2? Apply that to sprinting and jetpacks and bubble shields.

I'm surprised no one mentioned the other new gametype. There's a short clip of a Spartan blowing up a generator being guarded by several members of the opposite team. If you look on the screen it was an objective, and said "Generator Destroyed." Sounds like an interesting new objective gametype.

On edge about the forced 3rd person view for assassinations, but I am looking forward to most everything else ~!

How cool would it be to have variable ordinance for the grenade launcher like in Bioshock?!

High Explosive

Fragmentation

Armor Piercing

Proximity Mine

Napalm

EMP

Granted, it would be a lot to keep track of, but still, just imagine the versatility!

Garland said:
I wouldn't be too worried about the lack of armour perms in the video. The Halo 3 beta didn't have all the perms, and I don't expect this one too, either.

Actually *another nerd moment from Rhinoc, man I need to make a nerd moment thread* I listen to the Bungie Podcast a lot, I mean every day check Itunes for more! They brought the guy in charge of reach and he said that over half the armor perms will be available after doing certain things in the beta. all armor abilities will be available unless more added in the Charlie (work after the beta) and in Delta (what you buy!) and a huge chunk of the maps as well! The Delta will include Firefight :D custom games, campaign, theater, forge, and more unreleased types! all playlists will make a return (like grifball and CE's Race!!!) and more unreleased types.

Your probably tired of reading this so I'm done.

This has been a Rhinoc Nerd Moment. Man that is weird!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back